With an overwhelming number of colleges in Bangalore, it’s quite a tedious task to choose the best one to pursue a degree in BPT from. Physiotherapy has been growing by leaps and bounds in the healthcare sector of this country and pursuing a degree in the same can lead to great career prospects.
Here I’m posting detailed information about one of the best physiotherapy colleges in Bangalore. Accomplishing a degree in BPT from this college can certainly land you on the track of success. Read ahead to know more about the admission process, courses, fee structure, placements, ranking and facilities offered at Dayanand Sagar University College of Physiotherapy, Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- Dayanand Sagar University College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
- Courses offered
- Academic Eligibility
- Documents needed
- Admission process DSAT 2022 of Dayanand Sagar University College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Dayanand Sagar University College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Fees Structure
- Dayanand Sagar University College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Placements
- Campus Facilities
- Departments and Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
Dayanand Sagar University College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
Dayanand Sagar Institutions was founded by the visionary, Late Shri Dayanand Sagar, whose vision was to take education to the people, in order to bring about change in the lives of students, to transform them into leaders for the future. The group of institutions was established under the Act of the State of Karnataka in the year 2014.
From the year 2015-to 2016, Dayanand Sagar University has been offering courses in Engineering, Computer Applications, Sciences, Arts as well as management. They are providing degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. levels. There are other evolving fields of study such as Centers of Excellence, Healthcare, Energy, and Life Sciences.
DSU has been known as an education powerhouse, which is spread over five campuses and caters to around seventeen thousand students. The University has consistently topped in all the academic areas, among the other top universities. It has got recognition from UGC as well as the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). It has got 3rd rank in the State and Zonal Ranking.
Physiotherapy which is also known as physical therapy is a branch of modern medicine that involves the process of examination, assessment, interpretation, diagnosis, planning, and execution of the treatment of the patients. It aims to prevent, correct, alleviate and limit dysfunction and acute and chronic body functioning with life-saving measures.
College of Physiotherapy at the Dayanand Sagar University is working with the vision of creating a center of excellence in the field of physiotherapy education by giving them clinical training, research, and innovation, so as to produce medical professionals with skills and leadership qualities for serving humanity with passion and care.
Dayanand Sagar University Campuses:
- Campus 1: Dayanand Sagar University, Deverakkaggalahalli, Harohalli, Kanakapura Road,Ramanagara District, Bangalore-562112.
- Campus 2: Dayanand Sagar University,
The Faculties at the Dayanand Sagar University College of Physiotherapy, Bangalore play various roles of being educators, mentors, researchers, and professionals coming from varied backgrounds, experience, education, and areas of specialization or expertise. Each of them has a substantial amount of research experience.
The Principal of the college is Dr M. Vijaykumar and his team of faculties is:
- Dr Srihari Sharma K.N – Associate Professor (Cardiorespiratory and General Physiotherapy).
- Dr Humair Ahmed – Professor (Neurological and Psychosomatic Disorders).
- Dr Anche Parameshwar – Assistant Professor (Cardiorespiratory and General Physiotherapy).
- Dr Vinod Kumar K.C – Assistant Professor (Musculoskeletal and sports physiotherapy).
- Dr Smitha Niranjana – Assistant Professor (Pediatric Physiotherapy) and so on.
The College of Physiotherapy offers both graduate and postgraduate courses. Bachelors of Physiotherapy (BPT) and Masters in Physiotherapy (MPT).
Bachelors of Physiotherapy
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) is a graduate-level course with a duration of four and half years. It includes a rotatory internship of six months. The number of seats for BPT is sixty.
Why should I Pursue BPT?
The purpose of doing the BPT is:
- It helps to delineate the cognitive, affective, and psychomotor skills, which is the most desired skill for a competent physiotherapist.
- It helps to examine, evaluate, diagnose, plan, execute as well as document physiotherapy.
- After completing the course, the student is expected to evaluate the impairments of the patients and evaluate the physiotherapy procedures.
- The student should be able to provide patient education, which helps to provide physiotherapeutic treatments to the patients and their caregivers.
Master’s in Physiotherapy (MPT) at Dayanand Sagar University College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Master’s in Physiotherapy is a post-graduate level course for a duration of two years. The total number of seats available is ten.
The various specializations available in MPT are-
- MPT (Orthopedics).
- MPT (Neuro Sciences).
- MPT (Cardiopulmonary Sciences).
- MPT (Community Therapy).
- MPT (Women’s Health and Pediatrics).
Why should I do MPT?
After completing the course, students will be able:
- To execute physiotherapeutic procedures with practices that are evidence-based.
- To become a member of multidisciplinary physiotherapy teams and treat different types of patients with various procedures.
- To provide adequate knowledge about the treatment procedures and their benefits.
- To impart knowledge and skills to young professionals.
- To be able to undertake an independent assessment of physiotherapy and treatment of the patients.
- Able to undertake research in physiotherapy.
- Learn various multidisciplinary skills.
- Should be able to practice and work independently.
If you are looking to pursue BPT, the selection of the candidates is based on merit. The student must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Must have passed 12th standard, A-Level for IB and American Level 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry, Biology with English Language and the combined score of Physics, Chemistry and Biology should be at a minimum of forty percent.
- For students belonging to the SC/ST category, the combined score in Physics, Chemistry and Biology should be at around thirty-five percent.
- Before getting admission, the student is required to furnish a medical fitness certificate from a Certified Medical Officer, stating that he/she is medically fit to undergo the course.
- The student must be of seventeen years of age on the 31st December on the year of admission.
If you are looking to take admission in Master’s in Physiotherapy (MPT), the selection is based on merit and he/she must satisfy the eligibility criteria:
- Students must have passed BPT from a recognized university with a minimum percentage of fifty percent.
- Should have completed six months of internship before joining the course.
The documents which are needed during the admission process are:
- 10th and 12th Standard Mark sheet.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Character Certificate.
- Anti-ragging certificate.
- Passport size photos.
If you are looking to pursue MPT, the following documents are needed:
- BPT Course Completion Certificate.
- Year-wise mark sheet of BPT (I to IV).
- Caste Certificate (if it is applicable).
- Proof of Identity (Aadhar/PAN/Driving License/Passport).
- Certificate of Transfer (if it is applicable).
- Passport size photos.
Admission process DSAT 2022 of Dayanand Sagar University College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
For getting admission to Dayanand Sagar University, you have to write their test DSAT 2022. The details of the admission procedure are available on the college website.
How to apply?
- Register yourself by sharing your details, for getting admissions directly.
- Verify using your mobile number and secure your access.
- You will get a login Id and password.
- Fill in the application form carefully with your details.
- Upload the documents for identification and verification of identity.
- .In order to confirm your application, you need to pay the fees securely using a payment getaway.
- Finally, download the completed application for future reference.
Dayanand Sagar University College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Fees Structure
The fees structure of the courses available in the college of physiotherapy:
|Course||Non-management yearly fees||Direct Admissions yearly fees|
|BPT||Rs 8250/-||Rs 1,35,350/-|
|MPT||Rs 80,000/-||Rs 1,59,750/-|
Dayanand Sagar University College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Placements
The university provides placement facilities to all students. There is a placement cell that looks at making the students ready for campus interviews by grooming and mentoring, to develop the skills required to crack the campus interviews.
The top recruiters are Manipal Hospitals, Rainbow Hospitals, NIMHANS, Octave Health Care, and many more.
Dayanand Group of Institutions has got a sprawling campus located on two campuses at Kanakapura and Kudlu Gate. The students who are residing on campus should feel that it is a safe, secure, and conducive atmosphere to study.
The facilities available on campus are:
On campus, there is a hostel accommodation facility provided for boys and girls. There are separate hostels for them. The hostel rooms are spacious, well ventilated, and airy. It is furnished with beds and cupboards.
It also has a hostel mess to provide clean, healthy food to the students.
The Library is a source of knowledge, learning, and research. Each department at the Dayanand Sagar University has a separate library. The well-trained staff provides necessary resources in the form of CDs, DVDs, books, national and international journals, newspapers, and so on.
The faculty members and students are provided access through ID cards and Smart Cards.
There is a fleet of buses going to and fro from various locations in and around the city to the campus.
Departments and Research
The institute believes in setting up standards for research and development. The faculties encourage and mentor the students to write research papers in international journals. Research is given utmost importance for enhancing knowledge and getting them inclined towards research. Under their faculty’s mentorship, students have published research papers in both national and international journals.
Hope, that you found the information useful which I have given on Dayanand Sagar University College of Physiotherapy, Bangalore useful to you. I have gathered the details about the college by doing research both online and offline. Besides, I have also talked to students who have passed out from college. If you like my post, please do share it with your near and dear ones. To know more, please visit http://www.rguhs.ac.in/.
Having questions on your mind, please write to me in the comment box below and I will revert back soon. If you are an alumnus of Dayanand Sagar University College of Physiotherapy, please share your views about the college.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Dayanand Sagar University offer any scholarships?
The university provides various scholarships to students who are meritorious and belong to a needy background. It offers reduced fees for Government quota candidates. Apart from that, students can apply for concessions to the fees during admissions.
2. Does Dayanand Sagar University have good faculty?
Yes. The university has got qualified, experienced, and trained teachers who believe in the overall development of the students.
3. What is the intake of BPT and MPT at Dayanand Sagar University College of Physiotherapy?
The student intake for BPT is sixty seats and the intake for MPT is ten seats.
4. Do I have to submit all the original certificates?
Yes.10th and 12th standard or its equivalent from board/university, Transfer Certificates, and Migration Certificates (Students outside Karnataka) are mandatory. The documents have to be submitted at the time of admission.
5. Does Dayanand Sagar University College of Physiotherapy Bangalore provide a WI-FI campus?
Yes. The campus is Wi-Fi enabled campus.
6. Is there ragging? What are the steps taken?
The college has an anti-ragging cell which is supported by the Anti-Ragging Committee. It takes strict actions against students not following the norms.
7. Is there a dedicated placement cell at Dayanand Sagar University College of Physiotherapy?
Yes, there is a dedicated placement center at Dayanand Sagar University.
8. Does the university provide pre-placement training?
Yes, we provide pre-placement training to all the students before they appear for the interviews.
9. What is the fee structure for Hostel?
The fee structure for the hostel is Rs 1, 35,000 per annum.
10. Do you provide free Wi-Fi in the hostels?
Yes. The college provides free Wi-Fi in the hostels.
11. What is the duration of DSAT exams?
The total duration of the DSAT Exam is ninety minutes.
12. Is there any negative marking on DSAT?
There is no negative marking in the DSAT exam.
13. What is the level of difficulty of DSAT?
The questions are of moderate level difficulty and around ten percent of questions are slightly complex questions in each of the subjects.
14. Do the college accept admissions throughout the year?
No, the admissions for different programs during different months. The details of the admissions are available on the website.
15. Are all the courses approved by UGC/AICTE?
Yes, the University has all the required approvals from the regulatory bodies.
16. Does Dayanand Sagar University provide transport facilities to students from the city?
Yes, Dayanand Sagar University provides transport facilities to all the students.
17. What are the charges for the college bus?
The charges for the college bus are around twenty-five thousand rupees per annum.
18. How far is the college campus from the city airport, railway station, and bus stand?
The college is 46 km from the airport,15 km from the Bangalore Central Railway Station, and 15 km from the Kempegowda Bus Station.
ONE SMALL REQUEST:
In case you are a student or alumni of East Point College of Physiotherapy, please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.