Do you feel fascinated and attracted when you look at a building that has a unique design? The world is turning towards uniqueness and creativity. Now, whatever is made, built, or designed, be it a small poster or a huge infrastructure, the creativity used to make it is what attracts the audience. People are so invested in creating and designing that professions like architecture is booming in today’s era. The study of architecture and design requires proper knowledge and guidance to achieve excellence and the Aditya Academy of Architecture and Design Bangalore is here to help you achieve this excellence.
Table of Contents
- Aditya Academy of Architecture Overview
- Admissions at Aditya Academy
- Architecture Course Offered
- Aditya Academy of Architecture Fees
- Placements & Career Prospects
- Ranking & Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Aditya Academy of Architecture Overview
Aditya Academy of Architecture and Design Bangalore is an institute under the Aditya Group of Institutions established in the year 2015 by a group of Philanthropists with a motive of “Lighting the lamp of knowledge to serve the nation in the noblest of ways”. It aims to produce aspirants who know about taking the conventional pool of knowledge to another level.
|Name||Aditya Academy of Architecture and Design|
|Address||No.10, Kogilu Main Rd, Beside Shri Annapurneshwari Temple, Prakruthi Nagar, Yelahanka, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560064|
|Affiliated to||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
|Approved by||Council of Architecture, New Delhi|
|Recognized by||Government of Karnataka|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
Aditya Academy of Architecture and Design Bangalore is situated in Yelahanka which is about 12 km away from the Bangalore City Railway Station. The atmosphere of the college is peaceful and it is surrounded by greeneries.
- Exemplary leadership service and outreach to the growth of the body of knowledge through research with excellent integration of teaching and learning.
- To achieve leadership in producing professionals who provide leadership in the advancement of education.
- With the help of technology, the college aims to produce exceptionally good architects, scholars, and town planners.
- To make the students of this college the future leading tycoons in the field of the construction industry.
- State of the Art Infra with sophisticated Design Studios and Labs.
- Faculty with Expertise in Pedagogy of Architecture Education.
- Guest Lectures by renowned Architects, Artistic Personalities.
- National and International Study Tour for Student’s appreciation of Architecture, Culture, Sound & Smell.
- International Universities – Students Exchange Programme.
- Enriching and well-stocked Library.
- Internship and Placement Support.
- Education Loan Support.
Aditya Academy of Architecture and Design Bangalore is expanding its reach by collaborating with various international collaborations. The college has collaborated with Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur (IUKL), Malaysia for Academic and Student Exchange Programs.
MOU and Partnerships
The college has partnered with many leading industrial companies and has their MOUs with leading architectural firms so that their students are placed easily in a reputed company.
Admissions at Aditya Academy
Aditya Academy of Architecture and Design Bangalore is providing one undergraduate program in architecture. Read further to know everything about the admissions in this college.
Before starting with the admission procedure the college has provided a guide for architecture to get a better idea about the subject and why you should take up architecture. You can access the guide from the college website.
Step 1: Go to the college website and fill out the admission form.
Step 2: You need to submit a set of documents along with the application.
Step 3: The college will check for eligibility criteria and contact you accordingly.
Eligibility Criteria for B Arch
- The candidate should have passed 10 + 2 with aggregate marks of 50%.
- The candidate should have appeared and passed in NATA Aptitude Test by the Council of Architecture or JEE (Paper II) by National Testing Agency.
Documents Required for B Arch Admissions
- 10th Marks Card.
- 12th Marks Card or 3 years certified Diploma Certificate by Central/State Government.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Migration Certificate (Out of State Candidates).
- NATA/JEE mark sheet.
Important Dates for NATA Test 2022
|Application Registration Date||April 2022|
|Application Form Submission Last Date||July 2022|
|Admit Card Release Date||August 2022|
|Exam Date||August 2022|
|Result Announcement||August 2022|
Important Dates for JEE (Paper II) 2022
|Application Registration Date||June 2022|
|Application Form Submission Last Date||June 2022|
|Admit Card Release Date||July 2022|
|Exam Date||July 2022|
|Result Announcement||August 2022|
Architecture Course Offered
Architecture is an evergreen, challenging and a rapidly growing profession where science and creativity combine together to build something aesthetic. It is not just a building of interior or exterior designs but also the surroundings that come into the picture. People spend their lives in what you design for them. This makes it a huge responsibility for the architect to have proper knowledge of what he is designing.
Bachelor of Architecture
B Arch is a five-year course providing skills for the students to excel in the field of architecture. Architecture not only includes scientific elements but also various different creative elements like Art, Environment, Society, Aesthetics, etc. Therefore, the course is designed in such a way that the student is well-versed with the present situation and has an idea about the future scope.
The program aims to provide students with wide exposure to different techniques and learning methods to develop their future judgments in architecture. The student-centric teaching methods help in the personality development of the students to become successful professionals.
|Acoustics||Architectural Design & Workshop||Architectural Design Project|
|Architectural Presentation||Art Appreciation||Basic Design and Visual Arts|
|Building Construction & Materials||Building Services||Climate Responsive Architecture|
|Computer Application in Arch||Constitutional Law||Construction Management|
|Contemporary Architecture||Earthquake Resistant Structures||Graphics|
|History of Architecture||Human Settlements Planning||Interior Design|
|Landscape Design||Personality Development Communication Skills||Professional Practice & Training|
|Site Survey & Analysis||Sociology & Economics||Theory of Design|
|Specifications, Structures, Costing & Estimation||Vacation Assignment/Study Tour||Working Drawing|
- Dr. K N Ganesh Babu – Director.
- Ar. Arunachal Hombali – Professor.
- Ar. Arundathi Ravishankar – Professor & Design Chair.
- Ar. K Jayaram – Professor & Design Chair.
- Mr. Balaji – Associate Professor.
- Prakruth B.L. Gowda – Associate Professor.
- Waqar Abid A Z – Associate Professor.
- Ar. Subhashree – Associate Professor.
- Sarojin A. Hombali – Associate Professor.
- Ar. Kishan VS – Associate Professor.
- Shrabana Das – Associate Professor.
- Ar. Raj Kumar BKM – Associate Professor.
- Ar. Nandhini H M – Associate Professor.
- Mrs. Leelavathy KS – Associate Professor.
- Lakshmi Narayana P – Associate Professor.
- Arpana Santosh Mane – Associate Professor.
- Ar. Venkateshn – Associate Professor.
- Ansari Ahmad Zubair – Associate Professor.
- Siddhartha Kalemeghan – Associate Professor.
- Neha Sahay – Associate Professor.
- Ar. Arivandraja Thennavan – Associate Professor.
- Ar. Snehal Praveen – Associate Professor.
- Ar. Harshitha KV – Associate Professor.
- Ar. Durga Prasad MS – Associate Professor.
- Ar. Sana Khan – Associate Professor.
- Ar. Jyoti Kumari – Associate Professor.
- Ansari Ahmad Zubair – Associate Professor.
Extra Curricular Activities
Study Tours: The college believes in outside exposure to get the best knowledge on the subject of architecture. Students have study tours at National and International levels. Students travel to Abu Dhabi and Dubai to explore the idea of architecture there. Student’s tour at AMITY University gives an opportunity for students to compare and compete for their standards at Aditya Academy of Architecture and Design Bangalore on par with International Standards.
Guest Lectures: AAAD aims to inspire students to study and grow their careers in architecture. They invite renowned architects to visit their college and inspire students with their experience in this field. They also showcase their student’s hard work in achieving targets to architects like Ar. T M Thomas and Ar. Jaisim Krishna Rao and other pioneers who have restructured the beauty of Bangalore.
Aditya Academy of Architecture Fees
The fee structure for B Arch in Aditya Academy of Architecture and Design is
|Fees/ year (INR)||Duration|
Payment Methods: You can pay fees with various modes of payment. You can pay Cash or issue Demand Draft in person in the college campus or if your parents live out of town or are unable to come to the campus for any reason, you can make use of the digital mode also via Net-Banking or NEFT Transfer.
Aditya Academy of Architecture and Design Bangalore does not provide any scholarships to its students directly. However, as the college is recognized by the Government of Karnataka, the students are eligible for scholarships provided by the Government of Karnataka.
Eligibility for Government of Karnataka Scholarships:
- Candidate must be an Indian Citizen and a Permanent Resident of Karnataka.
- Candidate should be listed in Backward Classes specified by the Central/State Government.
- The University should either be Government, Local Body, Aided Institution or Recognized by the Government of Karnataka.
- Students accommodated in government hostels or residential colleges are not eligible.
- Candidates will not be eligible for the same course twice.
- For male candidates, 2 male candidates for the same family can apply for scholarships. No restrictions for female candidates.
- Apply online in SSP Software.
- Submit the application with required documents by uploading a software copy and submit the hard copy to the concerned university.
- The Principal and Inspection Officer will review for eligibility and contact you online.
- You need to submit the documents to the concerned Taluk Backward Classes Welfare Officers.
- The Taluk Officer will verify the documents.
- Selected candidates will be granted scholarships and the amount will be deposited directly to the student’s bank account.
Getting a scholarship is very difficult if you are not from a backward class but still can not afford the expensive fee structure of the college. For such students, educational loans are provided by many banks so that the students don’t miss their chance to study in their desired college. Aditya Academy of Architecture and Design has a Department for Educational Loan Support to help students in getting loans from banks or other companies.
Placements & Career Prospects
After your B Arch, you will either pursue higher studies in Architecture or start your career with a job or freelancing in this field. But once you complete your studies, your role as a qualified architect will be challenging and inspiring. You will get your hands on new pieces of technology and you will finally get to implement your worth in the real world.
Higher Studies after B Arch
B Arch graduation leads you to two pathways, one is to go for higher studies and the other one is finding a job in the same field. Most of the students choose the former as they want to gain more knowledge for a better opportunity for a successful career. If you have chosen the same path, I am here to guide you with various courses which you can opt for after B Arch.
- Masters in Architecture.
- Master of Urban Design (M Des).
- Masters in Project Management.
- M Planning.
- M Arch in Landscape Design.
- M Design in Interior Architecture.
- Masters in Graphic Design.
- Master of Building Engineering and Management.
- M Design in Industrial Design.
Internship and Placement Support
To help the students for better placement and job opportunities, Aditya Academy of Architecture and Design Bangalore has a separate department for Internship and Placement Support. Further, the college has MOUs with several leading architectural firms which facilitates students for placements in reputed companies. Even off-campus, the college has a good reputation for their students to get easily placed in a good company.
Career Opportunities for Architectural Graduates
You can get various career opportunities after your graduation in Architecture. You can either get a job in a private or public sector, start freelancing or even start your own firm for consultancy.
Relevant Job Profiles
- Architectural Designer.
- Architectural Engineer.
- Architectural Journalist.
- Architectural Historian.
- Architectural Photographer.
- Architectural Visualizer.
- Architectural Documentation.
- Project Manager.
- Design Auditor.
- Conservation Architect.
- Corporate Architect.
- Exhibition Designer.
- Facilities Manager.
- Furniture Designer.
- Graphic Designer.
- Housing Rehabilitation Specialist.
- Interior Designer.
- Product Designer.
- Lighting Designer.
- Property Assessor.
- Property Valuer.
- Set Designer.
- Administrative Services.
Ranking & Recognitions
Aditya Academy of Architecture and Design Bangalore is an academic institution under the Aditya Group of Institutions. Established in 2015, the college has achieved excellence in providing quality education. The college is affiliated with Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, approved by the Council of Architecture and recognized by the Government of Karnataka.
On-Campus Facilities offered
The college has a wide range of facilities for the students to gain and utilize the best of their knowledge.
- The classrooms are built with an Architectural Environment and Design Area, Assessment Centre, and learning resource center.
- The college has architectural facilities like
- Dark Room Facilities.
- College Art Studio.
- Music Practice Rooms.
- Classrooms and studios are aided with audio-visuals and Wifi connection.
- Library is there to suffice students with a collection of books and journals and other academic resources.
- Indoor sports equipment such as an indoor swimming pool with controlled temperature is available for students.
AAAD has well-constructed labs with proper wifi connections. To be updated with the world, the computer systems are configured with the latest software. There are various labs on campus including
- Survey Labs.
- Climatology Labs.
- CAD Labs.
- Material and Equipment Labs.
These labs support students for various academic activities and have a practical approach to the subjects.
The college has a huge auditorium which can accommodate 300 students and a convention hall with a capacity to withhold 800 audiences. The auditorium and the convention hall for cultural events and extracurricular activities.
Aditya Academy of Architecture and Design facilitates students with an Indoor Sports Area of around 10,000 sqft. The complex has sports facilities like basketball, shuttle badminton, throwball, swimming pool, etc.
The college organizes many academic and non-academic activities to resource students with knowledge from everywhere. It has also collaborated with various colleges and universities and organized exchange programs with them.
- Academic Activities
- NATA Awareness Programs.
- Urban Design Studio: Envisioning the Node and Neighbourhood of Hebbal.
- Study of Perbolanadu: The land between the lakes.
- Study Tours to Agastya Lake, Ooty, and Hastashilpa.
- Guest Lectures on Principles of Design & Exploring Facade Systems.
- Non-academic Activities
- Aditya Habba Cultural Event.
- Freshers Day.
- Sports Day Celebration.
- Aditya Premier League.
The college provides separate hostels for both boys and girls. The hostel is aesthetically made for students to acquire a standardized lifestyle. The hostel facilities include:
- Double sharing room.
- Single sharing room.
- Waiting lobby.
- Outdoor dining.
- Dining area.
The college provides a bus facility to commute across Bangalore. There are 5 deluxe buses for easy and safe commutation of students.
College Contact Details
Address: No.10, Kogilu Main Rd, Beside Shri Annapurneshwari Temple, Prakruthi Nagar, Yelahanka, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560064
- Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone No: 078999 77602.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When was the Aditya Academy of Architecture established?
Aditya Academy of Architecture was established in the year 2015.
2. Where is the college situated?
Address: No.10, Kogilu Main Rd, Beside Shri Annapurneshwari Temple, Prakruthi Nagar, Yelahanka, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560064.
3. Is the college affiliated and approved?
Yes, The college is affiliated with Visvesvaraya Technological University and approved by the Council of Architecture.
4. Does the college have any global collaborations?
The college has collaborated with Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur (IUKL), Malaysia for Academic and Student Exchange Programs.
5. How many courses does the college provide?
The college provides one undergraduate course of B Arch.
6. What is the eligibility criteria for B Arch?
The candidate should have completed his 10 + 2 with a minimum aggregate of 50% and qualified in NATA or JEE (Paper II).
7. Can I get admission if I have appeared for JEE?
You are eligible to take up B Arch in AAAD if you have qualified NATA or JEE (Paper II).
8. Does AAAD provide scholarships?
The college is recognized by the Government of Karnataka which makes it eligible for government scholarships.
9. Can I expect good placements from this college?
The college has MOUs with several leading architectural firms which facilitates students for placements in reputed companies.
10. What facilities are provided by this college?
The college provides facilities like labs, studios, wifi connection, an auditorium, a sports complex, etc.
You can also follow the link below to checkout a detailed post on another architecture college:
Please Ponder to This!!!
We have tried our best to provide all essential information about this college. We would like you to take a moment and write your feedback here. And if you are alumni or associated with Aditya Academy of Architecture and Design Bangalore in any manner, we would love to know about your experience in this college. Do share and help others with your valuable experience.