Hello and Welcome to my blog about dentistry academic institutions. I’m very appreciative that you find my blog postings to be interesting and you are sharing these with your family and friends. You might find it challenging to choose which institution to attend and what major to pursue. I am aware that you must now decide which college and approach are ideal for you. Our team of knowledgeable counselling professionals will assist you during every stage of enrollment. So let me just provide you with some further details about Bapuji Dental College Davangere.
Table of Contents
- Bapuji Dental College Davangere Overview
- Bapuji Dental College Davangere Admissions
- Bapuji Dental College Davangere Departments
- Bapuji Dental College Davangere Fees Structure
- Placements and Scope
- On-Campus Facilities
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Bapuji Dental College Davangere Overview
Dr Shamanur Shivashankarappa established the institution in 1979. Under the guidance of prominent visionaries in Indian Dentistry, the college has grown immensely. Dr K. Sadashiva Shetty, a leading orthodontic figure in India, is now in charge of the college. He is the transformative guardian who elevated the institution from one of India’s top to one of Asia’s best Dentistry schools. Dr K. Sadashiva Shetty, the Director, was reappointed on July 31st, 2019.
This college has long been recognized as one of the most active and dynamic schools in the field of dentistry education. It has helped thousands of dentists achieve the pinnacle of their careers.
The College also has one of the greatest lab facilities to provide liberal clinically focused education on par with the best. Freshmen are trained in modern phantom head labs equipped with 100 dental workstations for pre-clinical instruction mimicking dental care. The college also has a Ceramic Lab where students may learn how to make crowns and bridges.
|Bapuji Dental College & Hospital.
|Bapuji Dental College and Hospital, MCC B Block, MCC, Davanagere, Karnataka 577004
|Dr K. Sadashiva Shetty
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
|Dental Council of India
|Boys and Girls
One of the few Indian universities working on research projects with US-based multinational corporations including GC International, 3M ESPE, Biohorizons, etc. is Bapuji Dental College Davangere. All the dentistry disciplines have contributed to numerous research projects that have been documented in credible peer-reviewed journals.
With its great facility, superb professors, and mature leadership, this College is reminiscent of ancient India’s educational institutions of distinction. It is the Best Dental College in Karnataka for a student seeking dental educational excellence.
Administrators of the College include:
- Dr Shamanur Shivashankarappa, chairman.
- Dr K. Sadashiva Shetty, Director.
- Sri S.S Mallikarjun, Hon. Joint Secretary.
- Sri Sampanna Muthalik, Member.
Why Choose Bapuji Dental College Davangere?
This institution has developed in popularity for providing the best dental health treatment in the state. Among the noteworthy features that set this college apart is
- Classrooms: The pillar of this institute is well-furnished classrooms; they are big and contain all of the necessary resources to allow professors to conduct classes properly and students to study with full attention.
- Seminar Room: Attending college-sponsored seminars is essential for learning and conducting research. You will learn a lot at the institute’s sizable lecture room.
- Library: The library, which serves as the institute’s study centre and seems to have a large selection of books, features an audio-visual room within it as well as a variety of reference books.
- Research Centers and Ceramic Labs: There are two research centres and two ceramics labs where you may learn. Research and Practice.
- Hospital Block: There is a hospital block where you can practice while doing an internship under the supervision of excellent doctors.1
You may even use their website to browse the entire institute. You will learn about the infrastructure and the atmosphere it provides, which will assist you in making an informed selection.
Bapuji Dental College Davangere Admissions
Karnataka Education Authority conducts online counselling to assign all seats based on merit. NEET-eligible applicants must register on the Karnataka Examination Authority website for all categories of seats for admission to BDS and MDS Courses (Govt. Quota Seats, NRI/Management Seats, and Private Open Quota Seats).
Eligibility for BDS Admission
- Candidates must have earned at least a minimum of 50% on the qualifying Exam in each of the following disciplines: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English, as well as in each of these subjects separately.
- The minimum marks required are not less than 40% of the total marks for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and Category I candidates instead of 50% for general candidates.
- The applicant must be at least 17 years old at the time of admission or will be on December 31 of the year in which he or she is seeking admission.
- Students must have an eligibility certificate given by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Karnataka if they studied outside of the pre-university board of that state.
Course Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility for MDS Admission
- A candidate applying for admission to the MDS programme must possess a recognised BDS degree presented by a national university or a recognised Dental College under the Dentists Act, 1948 Section 10(2), or an equivalent qualification recognised by the Dental Council of India, and must be registered with the State Dental Council permanently.
- Candidates who do not have a recognised dental qualification for the aforementioned purposes should obtain prior permission for their qualifications from the Dental Council of India before enrolling in any MDS Course in India.
- Students who did not attend Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka must present an Eligibility Certificate issued by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka when applying for MDS.
Course Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility for PhD Courses
- Candidates may enrol in the PhD programme in dentistry if they hold an MDS degree from RGUHS University, a recognised college or university recognised by DCI, or a postgraduate dental degree deemed comparable by RGUHS.
- The RGUHS University decided to accept BDS graduates into its PhD programmes. These PhD programmes must be completed in five years, working full time. These programmes must additionally adhere to any additional requirements listed in the regulations regulating PhD courses that have been informed.
- The registration of interdisciplinary PhD candidates in dental faculties is permitted under the condition that both the parent department and the interdisciplinary faculties serve as co-mentors.
- Candidates who hold Medical M.Sc. degrees and are employed at Dental Colleges may be qualified to enrol for the PhD courses.
Documents Required During Admission
Download the Admission form from the official website and then attach the following documents along with the Admission form:
- NEET Results Scorecard.
- Admission card for NEET.
- Statement of transfer.
- Migration Certificate.
- Documentation of birth date.
- A community certificate, if applicable.
- A certificate of income, if appropriate.
- An official medical certificate, if necessary.
Bapuji Dental College Cut-Off
The minimum score required by the selection committee for enrollment is known as the college cut-off. These Cutoff scores will be used to create the merit list. Candidates that apply to the Institute must meet the cutoffs for specific courses.
- To advance in the admissions process, applicants must have a minimum qualifying percentage in the NEET 2022 entrance test.
- To be eligible for AIQ and state counselling, candidates must have marks that are at least 40th percentile equivalent for SC, ST, or OBC candidates.
- Candidates who fall under the UR category must get a score that is at least 50th percentile-equivalent.
Apart from the usual documentation that requires applicants to submit, most departments require further prerequisites to be fulfilled by the applicants. These are specifications that most candidates are not aware of. This is where we come in with our services that will help you know about said information beforehand and your admission process much simpler and easier. Reach out to us and we will help you throughout your admission process.
Bapuji Dental College Davangere Departments
Oral Medicine and Radiology: It involves
- Oral mucosa diseases: diagnosis and treatment.
- Treatment by medicine of systemic illness oral symptoms. oral and dental care for individuals with medical comorbidities for the management of behavioural problems.
- Keeping these fundamental obligations in mind, our Department supports the development of dental graduates and postgraduates with the necessary knowledge, abilities, and attitudes to carry out all activities appropriate to general dental practice, including the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of all dental and maxillofacial pathologies.
- Radiographic diagnosis of Dentomaxillofacial pathologies is taught in-depth in oral and Dentomaxillofacial radiology courses, along with procedures for taking and interpreting intraoral and extraoral radiographs.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: It involves
- To provide the best patient comfort and care, the department is open 24/7.
- Their ongoing commitment to quality has given us one of the most prestigious positions in the area of oral and maxillofacial surgery throughout the Indian subcontinent, including the state of Karnataka.
- Under the supervision of knowledgeable and experienced personnel, the cases treated in their department are handled with the utmost care, whether pre-operatively or post-operatively.
- Oral cancers, orthognathic surgery, facial trauma, facial reconstruction, including repair of cleft lip and palate, TM joint disorders, and microvascular surgery are just a few of the many patients they handle in our section.
Pedodontics and preventive dentistry: It involves
- Founded as a separate department in 1987, the Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry has an annual intake of two postgraduate students.
- Over the years, with the assistance of capable and experienced staff and upgraded facilities, this number expanded to six students.
- To develop dental professionals and postgraduates who are focused on the research of the highest level and with a place in the world, the faculty provides a vibrant and distinctive suite of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics: it involves
- An unrelenting passion for excellence, an unceasing will to succeed, limited resources, insufficient staff, but a vast vision. Such was the department’s stance throughout its formative years in 1980.
- Since its beginning, the orthodontic unit has steadily improved in all areas to become completely wholesome.
- After 35 years of tries and mistakes, the department is happy to present state-of-the-art facilities, cutting-edge technology, and premium materials in a refined operating environment with efficient administration, all of which make it unique.
Periodontology: It involves
- Understanding the genesis, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of periodontal diseases provided by the Department of Periodontics, as well as practical expertise in these areas.
- Hundreds of implants have been placed by the Department as part of its service to date, and they have been placed with a very high success rate.
- Both graduate and undergrad students are encouraged to employ the most up-to-date instruments, such as the PRF machine, LASER, Surgical Microscope PerioTest, Piezosurgery, Ridge augmentation kits, Sinus elevation tools, and VISTA and tunnelling kit.
Conservative dentistry and Endodontics: It involves
- With 12 dental chairs in the PG clinic and 21 dental chairs in the UG clinic, the department is fully furnished.
- The department also contains a separate Pre clinical laboratory that is furnished with 74 phantom heads with a micro-motor connection and 8 phantom heads with an aerator.
- For conducting seminars, workshops, and demos, they offer a seminar room equipped with an LCD projector and visualizer.
- Other amenities include a departmental library, a sterilisation section, and a radiography section with a state-of-the-art PSP for digital radiography and an automatic film processor.
- For laboratory work, they offer a centrally located casting lab for ceramic and metal work.
- For the benefit of their patients, our department also features a patient education area and a dental museum.
Prosthodontics and Crown & bridge: It involves
- The department has a sufficient number of highly competent teaching and non-teaching faculty.
- It also offers a top-class Ceramic Laboratory & Central Casting facility, as well as a library with a good quantity of standard national/journals/articles/international textbooks, audio-visual and internet facilities to satisfy students’ academic demands.
Public Health Dentistry: It involves
- There are enough employees in the department. There are three senior lecturers, one reader, and four professors.
- A biostatistician is also affiliated with the college and the department.
- The department is supported by a dental hygienist and dental technician. The faculty actively participate in acquiring new skills and broadening their expertise by taking additional courses as value-added, attending CDEs, and workshops.
- To develop their epidemiological and statistical analysis skills, numerous faculty members have enrolled in short-term courses offered by CMC, the University of Manipal, Vellore, and NIMHANS.
Oral Pathology and Microbiology: It involves
- The department prepares generalists, specialists, and associated professionals to satisfy regional and national oral health care needs.
- The department strives to capture the essence of oral and maxillofacial pathology in a truly professional manner, with a methodical and ethical approach to lesion diagnosis and investigation interpretation.
- The department is equipped with sophisticated laboratory equipment to satisfy the demands of clinicians providing comprehensive oral health care to patients.
- The Department is actively involved in the provision of services to patients in the fields of haematology, biochemistry, histopathology, cytology, and microbiology.
- Postgraduate students and faculty work on a variety of research topics.
Implantology: It involves
- The institution makes every effort to provide the necessary technologies to help students stay up with the newest innovations in the dentistry sector and create their niche in the dental community.
- With so many dentists becoming involved in implant dentistry, the focus must now move to the quality of training and education provided.
- The implantology efforts of Bapuji Dental College have established a centre of excellence for research, education, and treatment.
- The state-of-the-art Implant Centre at Bapuji Dental College provides the greatest clinical education available, as well as possibilities for research and community engagement.
Bapuji Dental College Davangere Fees Structure
|Public Health Dentistry
As you can see, there is no accurate data regarding the fee structure on the website. If you require real-time information as well as a breakdown of the total fees provided by the institute delivered to you on a silver platter, please contact us since you may employ our personalized team to find answers to all of your questions on demand. However, based on research concerning the fee structure of various dental colleges in India, the average total of Bapuji Dental College MDS fees, as well as BDS fees, are listed above.
Placements and Scope
- More than 3000 undergraduate and graduate students have graduated from there satisfactorily to date, many of whom earned top university rankings in a variety of fields.
- In addition to excellent academic qualifications, BDCH recognises their co-curricular abilities, providing them with the chance to excel in their particular genre.
- Undergraduates and graduates receive proper training, and they also have the chance to take advantage of peripheral postings at any reputable hospital nationwide for further exposure.
- Postgraduates have the opportunity to lead lectures for undergraduates to understand the pedagogy (teaching methodology) for the subject matter.
- Additionally, there are job openings for them in dentistry satellite/nodal facilities.
You can get in touch with us if you want more accurate and current information on Bapuji Dental College placements. Then our top-notch staff can assist you in finding all of your queries’ solutions whenever you need them.
Rankings and Recognitions
- ISO 9001: 2008 certification has been obtained by the institute.
- According to the Outlook poll conducted in 2009–2010, the dentistry college was among the top ten colleges in India.
- In 2019, it was ranked seventh for Dental by The Week and sixteenth for Dental by Outlook. The institution provides undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programmes in a variety of specialisations.
- According to NIRF 2020, Bapuji Dental College is the thirteenth-best private dental college in India.
In Davangere, Bapuji Dental College Davangere is a reputable institution with excellent facilities and surroundings. The College takes pride in its outstanding faculty, welcoming learning atmosphere, first-rate library resources, devotion to producing top-notch dental graduates, and superb library facilities. Modern facilities are available at the college to deliver modern education in all areas of dental sciences.
The institution also offers a hostel with connected toilets for both male and female students. The university has ties to Bengaluru’s Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and is recognized by the Dental Council of India in New Delhi.
We have two Laboratories i.e. Lab1 and Lab2 for students who practise and study dentistry, it is well-stocked. College students can benefit from studying correct experimental techniques in laboratories because they are well-equipped. Improvements to the labs’ infrastructure will be made over time.
- Research Centres:
There are two extremely modern, well-equipped research centres, similar to the Laboratory.
The institution maintains separate dorms for men and women. Both day students and residential college students can use the institution’s many amenities. For the protection of college students, CCTV cameras have been deployed throughout the dorms, campus, and mess.
- Address: MCC B Block, MCC, Davanagere, Karnataka 577004.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Bapuji Dental college Located?
It is located at MCC B Block, MCC, Davanagere, Karnataka 577004.
2. How is campus life at Bapuji Dental college?
Students have a fantastic time on campus and have plenty of ways to let off stress. The campus supports its students in finding the ideal work-life balance.
3. What are the chances of getting Admission to Bapuji Dental College?
You will be eligible to enrol in the institution if you adhere to the above-mentioned correct procedures and meet the requirements. You can get information about admission starting dates through their website.
4. What courses are available at Bapuji Dental College?
BDS, MDS and PhD courses are available at Bapuji Dental college.
5. Does Bapuji Dental College provide Hostel Facility?
There are separate hostels for Boys and Girls with twin sharing and Three sharing rooms.
6. How many seats are available in the dental programme at Bapuji Dental College, Davangere?
Bapuji Dental College Devangere typically accepts 100 dental students in the undergraduate program and 45 students in the post-graduate program each year.
7. How long does it take to complete the Bachelor of Dental Surgery?
The Bachelor of Dental Surgery programme lasts four years.
8. How long does it take to complete the Master of Dental Surgery?
The Master of Dental Surgery Programme Lasts for Three Years.
If you are looking for other dental colleges, you can follow the link below to go through my detailed posts:
One Small Request:
Please post your reviews in the comment box below if you are a student or alumnus of Bapuji Dental College Davangere. You can share your views and experiences about the college during your course tenure. Such reviews can help dental aspirants to a greater extent in their future education and careers.