Do you like taking care of others? Are you looking to become a doctor? If yes then, medicine is the right field for you. People are aware of healthy physical and mental well-being. Medicine remains the most sought-after course. It attracts lots of medical aspirants. Karnataka is the hub of top medical colleges and hospitals. One of the top institutions in the field of medicine is BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- BGS Global Medical College Overview
- Admissions to BGS Medical College
- Medical Programs Offered
- Program Fees Structure
- Placements & Career Scope
- Ranking and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
BGS Global Medical College Overview
Shri Adichuchunanagiri Shikshana Trust was incorporated in the year of 1973. The main purpose of forming the organization was to support and help the community with economic, social and education. BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore come under this trust. Pioneer behind the organization is Shri Balagangadharantha Swamiji. There are more than 500 educational institutions managed by the Trust.
|BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences
|#67, BGS Health & Education City Uttarahalli Road Kengeri, Bangalore South – 560060 Karnataka.
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
|Medical Council of India
|Both boys and girls
The principal of the College is Dr M E Mohan, Sri Dr Prakashanatha Swamiji is the Managing Director of SJB Group of Institutions and Hospitals and the Medical Superintendent is Dr Srikant Kulkarni. The institution is located in the IT Capital of the country, Bangalore.
The vision of the college is to become a renowned centre for academics, which imparts standard medical education as well as training in an ethical way.
The mission of the institution is to enhance the knowledge of medical professionals, who have passion and inclination in the field of medicine. To make them future leaders who are also socially responsible towards the community and society.
Why Choose BGS Medical College?
BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore is among the top colleges in Bangalore. The reasons to study here are:
- The sprawling campus is located at Kengeri, in the city of Bangalore.
- College offers courses which are recognised by the Medical Council of India.
- Excellent infrastructure facilities with modernised classrooms and laboratories.
- Innovative teaching methods used by experienced faculties.
- Students get placements and internships in top hospitals, wellness centres and research institutions in the country.
Admissions to BGS Medical College
The admission Procedure for the different courses offered by BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore are:
- Step 1: Visit the admissions section.
- Step 2: Fill in the application form.
- Step 3: Upload the necessary documents.
- Step 4: Once you have completed the steps above, pay the fees for the application.
- Step 5: Download and take the printout of the application form.
Eligibility for MBBS
MBBS Program is an undergraduate course for a duration of 5.5 years. The annual intake for the program is 150 students. You will be eligible for admission when you satisfy the eligibility criteria:
Eligibility criteria for Indian Citizens are:
- Aspirants should have studied 12th Standard or PUC from a recognized college.
- Must have passed Physics, Chemistry, and Biology taken together as well as separately.
- The aggregate score of PCB must be 50%.
- The minimum age at the time of admission is 17 years as of the 31st of December in the year of admission.
- He/she must be qualified in NEET.
Non-Resident Indians or Foreign Nationals
The eligibility Criteria for NRI students are:
- Must have completed 12th Standard or PUC from a recognised college or university.
- The minimum score for Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together must be 50%.
- Aspirants must be 17 years at the time of getting admission.
- He/she needs to produce these additional documents:
- Visa of the student.
- Certificate of Eligibility from RGUHS.
- NOC from Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.
- Residential Certificate.
Documents Required for MBBS
You are required to carry the following documents during the time of admission:
- Admit Card of NEET.
- NEET Scorecard.
- Application form of Karnataka MBBS.
- Fees Receipt of MBBS Application.
- 10th Standard Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- 12th Standard Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- Certificate of Domicile.
- Caste Certificate.
- Income Certificate.
- Study Certificate.
- Aadhar Card.
- Identity Proof.
- Recent passport-size photos.
Eligibility for MD/MS
The eligibility criteria for MD/MS Course are as follows:
- Aspirants must have finished MBBS Degree from a college or institution which is recognised by the Medical Council of India.
- Should have completed internship before March 31st in the year of admissions.
- Candidates who have obtained an MBBS degree from institutions abroad must have a temporary practitioner certificate from the Medical Council of India.
Documents Required for MD/MS
Documents required for admissions to MD/MS course are:
- Application form.
- NEET Admit Card.
- Scorecard of NEET.
- MBBS Course Completion Certificate.
- Internship Certificate.
- 10th and 12th Standard Marksheets.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Caste Validity Certificate.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness.
- Recent photographs.
Selection Process: Admissions to the courses in the management quota are based on the ranking of the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET). Allocation of seats takes place on a merit basis during the Karnataka Counselling, which is conducted by KEA.
NEET Cut off for admissions to medical courses is given below:
|General- EWS and PwD
|SC/ST/OBC Person with disability
Medical Programs Offered
BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore offers undergraduate, MBBS and postgraduate MD/MS courses. The number of MBBS seats is 150 and MD/MS is 61 per year.
Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery is also known as MBBS. The undergraduate program is for a duration of 5 ½ years, which comprises 4 ½ years of academics followed by 1 year of internship. MBBS is the most preferred in the medical field. This course teaches the students about the diagnosis of diseases, the prescription of medicine along with surgery.
Why study MBBS?
MBBS is the most sought-after course in the field of medicine. Due to its popularity, many students opt to go for the program in India and abroad. A few reasons to pursue an MBBS course are:
- If you are passionate about helping other people, then you can study the MBBS course.
- Becoming a doctor is always considered to be a noble profession which is highly paid.
- Doctors are health professionals who are always required at the time of crisis. So, you must be always at the service of your patients.
- Lots of job opportunities are available to MBBS graduates after completion of the course.
- You can also go for further studies after finishing the program. MD or MS is a postgraduate course which helps in enhancing knowledge in a specialised field.
MD/ MS & Specialties
MD is also popularly known as a Doctor of Medicine. MS is popularly called Master of Surgery. The post-graduate level program is for a duration of 3 years. You are eligible for admission, only after finishing your MBBS degree. Students are taught about examining diseases, prevention and techniques to cure the illness. BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences offers the following specialization in MD and MS courses:
Specializations in MD:
- General Medicine.
- Preventive and Social Medicine.
- Radio Diagnosis.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Specializations in MS
- General Surgery.
Faculties play a vital role in nurturing and developing students in the field of medicine. BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore has the most experienced, knowledgeable and highly qualified teachers. Some of the faculty members are:
|Name of the Faculty
|Dr Balachandra G
|Dr Naveen M
|Dr Ravi Shankar M S
|Dr Sheela Krishnamurthy
|Dr Darshan M N
|Dr Janaki Ram
|Dr Santosh Kumar Pandey
|Dr Sandesh P
|Dr Thrupthi K M
|Dr Sahana G
|Dr Apoorva M
|Dr Akash B R
|Junior Resident and many more.
Program Fees Structure
The fees structure for the various programs offered at BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore are:
Does the college award scholarships to its students? How will I get it? These are some questions which come to the mind of any student or his parents. Let me give you the answers. Yes, the college awards scholarships to merit students. There is a selection committee which chooses the eligible candidates based on their academics as well as extracurricular activities. The institution encourages students to pursue their studies with this financial help.
Apart from the above, private institutions, State, as well as Central Government, help MBBS students by awarding them scholarships. Some of them are:
- Nationwide Education and Scholarship Tests are conducted for students who are currently studying 1st year or 2nd year in MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS as well as Engineering courses.
- Vijayalakshmi R L Jalappa Scholarship.
- Vahini Scholarship.
- Nilam Patel Foundation Scholarship.
- Padala Charitable Trust Scholarship.
- Swami Vivekananda Merit and Means Scholarship.
- Swami Dayanand Scholarship.
Nowadays, studying medicine is a very costly affair and it is not affordable for everyone. How can I get an education loan? How much loan will I get? These questions are asked frequently by parents as they are the ones investing their life earnings in educating their children. No need to worry. I will help you out. Yes, the college has collaborations with the banks to make loans available at cheaper rates of interest. But, to get the loan you must fulfil the essential requirements.
How to get an education loan?
You can either go to a branch of any bank or download the loan application. After that, you must fill in your personal details and attach the required documents. Once the loan application is completed, you need to submit it to the Loans Department. It takes some time to process the application. After getting a job, you must start repaying your loans.
Payment Method Options
Payment Method Options are the techniques by which the fees can be paid. Such methods reduce the time and energy of the parents. There is no need to stand in long queues to make the payment. A few of the payment methods available are:
- Debit Card.
- Credit Card.
- Net Banking.
- UPI Payments.
- Demand Draft.
- Cheques and Cash.
Placements & Career Scope
BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences has a placement department that looks into getting the students final placements and internships. The placement committee is looked after by the faculty members and the Student Council Members. It looks after the activities such as conducting seminars, workshops and mock interviews. Guest lectures are organized, where experts from the field of medicine are called to keep the students updated about the latest happenings in the field. Placement activities take place at the end of the final year.
Placement Cell Activities
The main activities of the placement department are:
- Preparing the placement brochure which is helpful during the placement activities.
- Communicating with future recruiters to know about the requirements.
- Training and grooming the students, to make them prepared for placement interviews.
- Creating the database for the companies and the students. It helps to find the best suitable candidates for the recruiters.
- Following up, organizing joining formalities and other administrative activities.
Alumni play an important role in getting placements for students. Alumni Association in the college has built strong relationships with alumni who have been placed in various organizations. An alumni meet is organised every year. Here, they interact, mentor and guide future aspirants as per the industry requirements.
BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore offers internships at the teaching hospital. The minimum period of internship is around 6 months.. Experienced faculty members and nurses give clinical training in diagnosis of the illness, case study, prescribing the medicines as well as treating the patients. Students are awarded stipends during the time of internships.
MBBS is the most highly-paid field. Students get placement offers across various industries. Some of the top recruiters for MBBS graduates are:
|Religare Health Insurance Ltd
|SBI General Insurance
MBBS is a course with lots of job prospects and opportunities which are available in different departments in the top hospitals. Salary package increases with years of experience in the field. Some of the job opportunities for MBBS graduates are :
- Clinical Scientist.
- Chief Medical Officer.
- General Physician.
Ranking and Achievements
BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore is ranked among the best colleges in the field of medicine. The College is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore and is approved by the Medical Council of India. Students get placement in the top hospitals and research institutions. The main reason for a good rating is its course curriculum, faculty and infrastructure. Some of the achievements and awards received by the college are:
- Dr Sathish Chandra M R was awarded 3rd position as a Junior Scientist.
- Dr Veena V received the Best Paper Award for a research paper presentation.
- Dr Shruti M N won the best oral presentation award for her research paper.
- Dr Ashwini G S received a gold medal in the online certification course.
- Ms Sharvani S along with Ms Rachana S won the 3rd prize in the intercollege quiz competition.
- Dr Anatha Chaitanya won 2nd prize in the oral presentation competition, which was organized by the 93rd Annual Conference of IMA.
- Mr Manish J was awarded 2nd prize in the poster competition which was organized on the occasion of World Aids Day.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
The College Campus is located at Uttarhalli Road in a place called Kengeri, which is in the South of Bangalore. The green, quiet and serene environment makes it the best place to stay as well as study. Bangalore is a cosmopolitan city, which is the hub of top hospitals and educational institutions. A pleasant climate and culture are the most important factors to study here. Amenities for students who are staying on campus:
Hostel accommodation is compulsory for all the students. The campus has separate buildings for girls and boys. The rooms are furnished so as to make them feel like home. They are fully furnished with water heaters, air conditioners, clean drinking water, a visitor area and wifi. Indoor and outdoor games facility is provided within the hostel.
Girls’ and boys’ hostel have their own dining areas. Mess charges are paid separately apart from the fees. Food is prepared in well-equipped, modernised and clean kitchens by experienced chefs, Menu is decided with the help of Mess Committee members.
The library at BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore has a vast collection of books on medicine. There are over 15,000 study books, 60 National journals, 77 International journals, magazines, CDs as well as newspapers. It has a reading room for the faculties and students. Being a part of Central Library, it has a subscription to HELINET.
The College takes a keen interest in promoting the optimal well-being of the students. Physical, as well as mental health, are extremely important for a healthy life. They are encouraged to participate in inter-college and state-level tournaments. Sports facilities on the campus are:
- Football and Cricket Field.
- Basketball Court.
- Badminton Court.
- Volleyball court.
- Indoor Gym.
The Central Laboratory is the backbone of the hospital. Highly qualified technicians along with modern equipment help to generate reports efficiently. Students get hands-on experience in diagnostic testing as well as investigative medicine.
The research centre at the institution was founded with the purpose of carrying out scientific research along with life sciences, biology as well as biomedical sciences. It helps to understand processes at the basic and molecular levels, therapies, formation of patents and give research publications. Research scholars are encouraged to collaborate with industry experts and academia. Infrastructure facilities are made available to carry out research projects.
The college has signed a Memorandum of Association with the following institutions:
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences.
- Manipal Institute of Regenerative Medicine.
- Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Sanstha.
- Association of Pharmaceuticals Teachers of India.
- Institute of Stem Cell and Regeneration.
College Contact Details
Address: WF2W+2VM, Dr Vishnuvardhan Rd, Kengeri, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560060.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. To which university is the institution affiliated?
The Institution is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
2. What are the courses offered by the institution?
The institution offers undergraduate MBBS and postgraduate MD and MS.
3. How much time does it take to complete an MBBS degree?
It takes 5 years and 6 months to complete an MBBS degree.
4. Do the courses have approval?
Yes, the courses have approval from the Medical Council of India.
5. What is the annual intake for MBBS?
The annual intake for the MBBS course is 150 students.
6. Does the college provide hostel accommodation?
Yes, hostel accommodation is available for both girls and boys.
7. Are placements offered to all students?
Yes, placements are offered to all students.
8. How much time is required for finishing MD/MS?
The time required to finish MD/MS is 3 years.
You may also check out the link below to go through my detailed post on another medical college if you have an eye for the same:
A Small Ask:
If you are an alumnus or currently studying in the college, I would request you to put up a review about BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore. You can write your feedback in the comment box. Thanks for your time!