I warmly welcome you all to the series of medical and dental college blogs! I am overwhelmed by your interest and responses and I appreciate you reading my posts and sharing them with your social network. I am aware that you must now select the college and career path that are best for you. To ease this process further, you can get in touch with our skilled team of counsellors who will assist you at every level of the admissions procedure. Now, let’s talk about Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences Overview
- Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences Admission
- Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences Courses Offered
- Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences Fees Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Rankings and Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences Overview
Founded 26 years back in 1992, the Dayananda Sagar College of Dental Sciences (DSCDS) is located on a 32-acre land with a scenic backdrop. The campus vicinity hosts the Shavige Malleshwara Temple which is crowded with devotees across the state. The DSCDS is a part of the Dayananda Sagar Institutions (DSI), with almost 60 years of educational history. For years this college has made its place on the list of top BDS colleges in India.
|Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences
|Shavige Malleshwara Hills, Kumaraswamy Layout, Bangalore
|Dr Hemanth M
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
|Dental Council of India
|Both Girls and Boys
- The college is equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure that includes digital classrooms, Wi-Fi enabled campus, an e-library, a gymnasium, playgrounds, and a cafeteria.
- The pre-clinical and clinical laboratories are well equipped with specimens, charts, models, and tools which help students to acquire the required skill set during the tenure of their course. The students are provided with world-class infrastructure that helps them to be trained in contemporary and advanced dental care.
- The faculty of DSCDS are well-experienced and passionate about teaching. With their vibrant and dynamic charisma, the professors carve the future of dental students in the field of dentistry.
- They impart training in dental care making students feel confident in the skills they acquire. Being researchers themselves, the professors encourage students to come up with research ideas and work on research projects.
- With a vision to produce ethical and compassionate dental graduates and postgraduates, the team of lecturers constantly overlook the character development of students on the campus. The management broadly puts their signature motto as Education Completes Man
Vision and Mission: Our goal is to provide premium Oral Health Education and Service and shall strive to enable our students to become proficient and caring Health Care practitioners who will meet challenging healthcare needs.
Why Choose Dayanand Sagar Dental College?
- Industry Interaction: The college offers industrial training. Students have a real-time learning experience as they effectively work with faculty on live projects. The students are required to attend clinical sessions to understand and solve real-life situations.
- 100% Placement Opportunities: The college promises 100% placements for all eligible students. The final-year students are trained in aptitude, decision-making, and group discussions which enhance their confidence in attending interviews.
- Tie Up with International Academic Institutions: The Dayanand Sagar College Of Dental Sciences Bangalore has international academic linkages with universities in the US, UK, Germany, Finland, China, and UAE. These tie-ups ensure the flow of international standards into academics. The faculty from these universities are invited to give seminars, guest lectures, and talks for the students of the college. Foreign students are admitted to courses on campus thus enhancing cultural diversity.
- Convergence of Diverse Cultures in One Campus: The DSCDS management organizes Country Week of nations. This program allows students from all universities in Bengaluru to visit the DSCDS campus to experience the vibrant culture of several nations like China, Finland, and others.
- The college also coordinates a 3-day annual event which is celebrated by local students and international students. They participate in different events of sports, culture, and cuisine. This program is a watermark of the cultural inclusivity on the campus, as people witness how students from different cultures unite to make the event a spectacular success.
- Faculty: With high educational qualifications, the faculty at DSCDS is versatile in the field of teaching and research. They are hard-working individuals under whose mentorship the students shine in their respective fields. The faculty have one-on-one interaction with students and encourage them to achieve academic brilliance. They not just teach students the science of dentistry but strive to incorporate ethics and morals into the students so that they are developed into responsible citizens.
- Anti-Ragging Policy: The campus premises are safe and secure as the administration implements a strict anti-ragging policy. An anti-ragging committee is instituted to look into the complaints of ragging and maintain a ragging-free campus.
Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences Admission
Given below is a table that deals with the DS College Of Dental Sciences admissions, courses offered, duration, and eligibility:
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.)
|4 years and a 1- year compulsory rotatory internship
|Master of Dental Surgery (M.D.S.)
|Diploma in Dental Mechanics
|Diploma in Dental Hygiene
- NEET Score Card
- Migration Certificate for other state candidates
- Five copies of recent passport-size photographs
- Birth Certificate
- Mark sheet of 10th standard
- Mark sheet of 12th standard
- Transfer Certificate from the previous school
- Conduct Certificate and
- Aadhar Card
A last-minute rush during admissions is not wise. So, for more detailed information regarding the admission procedure, document requirements, and dates please contact our efficient team which would help you with a detailed plan of admission to the BDS, MDS, and diploma programs at DSCDS.
Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences Courses Offered
Affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru, Karnataka, and recognized by the Dental Council of India, Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences Bangalore, open admissions to the following courses which ensure the students of dentistry develop the required skills and knowledge to become brilliant dental doctors.
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
|4 years and a 1-year rotatory internship period
|Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
|Diploma in Dental Mechanics
|Diploma in Dental Hygiene
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
The five-year-long course of B.D.S. includes a 4-year regular course and a 1-year long rotating internship. With huge demand among NEET aspirants, this is the only professional course that provides the country with certified dental doctors. This course helps in molding the students as skilled dentists with the help of theory and practical sessions. The Dental Council of India supervises the infrastructure required by the college to conduct the B.D.S. course.
Master of Dental Surgery
The college offers a master’s course in dental surgery called M.D.S. in the departments of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Oral Surgery & Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Medicine and Radiology, and Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics, Prosthodontics, Periodontics and Public Health Dentistry. It is a 3-year course with an intense technical and practical curriculum.
Departments at Dayanand Sagar Dental College
There are 10 departments of dentistry at DSCDS with well-equipped infrastructure and experienced faculty. The students are taught different subjects and branches of dentistry throughout the 5-year course under these departments.
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
|Dealing with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of oral diseases and tooth defects, this department ensures excellence in the academics of students. This department also trains students in systematic patient care.
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
|Face and jaw disorders and diseases are handled by the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery by using methods such as surgery and medicines.
The students in the 3rd and 4th years of B.D.S. are trained by the faculty to deal with the diagnosis and treatment of maxillofacial disability.
|Oral Medicine and Radiology
|The medical conditions that are related to jaw and mouth disorders are dealt with by the Department of Oral Medicine.
The diagnosis of any oral medical condition is directly dependent on the department of Radiology. Radiology is the science that deals with the methods of imaging for diagnosis.
The teaching methods include seminars, video lessons, and lectures by faculty apart from practical classes and demonstrations.
|Oral Pathology and Microbiology
|One of the oldest departments of the college, the department of Oral pathology and oral microbiology is concerned with the treatment of patients with oral and maxillofacial malformations.
The students of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd years are taught by experienced faculty. The department has microscopes, study models, and specimens for making students understand the concepts better.
Practical classes are also conducted. The highly developed clinical, hematological, and cytopathological laboratories in this department help to create reports for diagnosis and explain clinical results.
|The branch of Periodontology mainly focuses on the diseases that affect the supporting tissues of the teeth and their artificial teeth.
The students are taught by dynamic faculty about laser-assisted surgeries, microsurgery techniques, and dental implant placement methods.
Separate laboratory facilities are available for both graduate and post-graduate students. The professors stress academic and technical expertise with the values of empathy and social morality.
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
|Lost dental tissues are restored by aesthetic intervention under the guidance of the Department of Prosthodontics. Dental restorations such as detachable and permanent partial dentures, maxillofacial prosthetics, and intra-oral and extra-oral implants in edentulous patients are carried out by the experts in this department.
The students undergo comprehensive learning by attending lectures, and practical and clinical sessions under the mentorship of faculty.
|Public Health Dentistry
|The department undertakes many oral health programs and oral health research programs. The undergraduates and postgraduates are taught about dental public health and oral health research by following a theoretical and practical approach. The students are imparted with ethical values in the field of medicine.
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
|This state of art department has an excellent staff and work environment. This department has also produced many merit students who are now settled as dental doctors in India and abroad. The undergraduate students are taught the subjects of biomechanics, orthodontics, and wire bending modalities.
|Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
|This department takes care of a child’s oral health. It is known for providing free dental check-ups for school children in the surrounding areas. The students are taught theory, and practical classes by the department’s faculty. Clinical sessions are also conducted to increase awareness among students regarding child oral health care.
|Department of Basic and Medical Sciences.
|This department has the following departments under it:
To know more about the diploma courses, contact us. At your command, we will employ a skilled team who will get you real-time information within a reasonable amount of time. There is no better way than this if you don’t want to be thrown off the wagon with misguided information.
Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences Fees Structure
The official website of DSCDS, Bangalore does not provide enough information regarding the Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences Fees. However, we understand the student’s urgency to know more about the fee structure before joining any dental college in India. So, our vibrant team can help you by providing information regarding the fees for the B.D.S. course at DSCDS.
Placements and Scope
There are several opportunities for B.D.S. graduates to plunge upon
- Higher education: Graduates can pursue higher education like M.D.S. and Ph.D.
- General Practice: One can set up a dental practice after the B.D.S. course.
- Government jobs: One can apply for government job openings.
- Research: Research is another field that is open to dental students.
Any candidate needs to research the on-campus placement opportunities that are a part of the management’s scheme. To get authentic information about the college’s placement history, you can contact us since we provide education services that help candidates before, during, and after college admissions. We are completely at your disposal and just one phone call away!
Rankings and Recognitions
We understand the student’s concerns when it comes to the college merit rankings which help to analyze more about the college’s overall performance. Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences Bangalore is ranked 5th in Bengaluru in India Today Ranking Report. It is one of the top 25 colleges in India and 3rd in Bengaluru according to the Outlook ICARE rankings 2021.
The college has a spacious library facility with a capacity of 150 students. Ranging from back volumes, thesis, and journals to non-book materials, one can find the required academic material in the library. It is fully furnished and the ambiance is well-maintained so that students can have a pleasant learning experience.
It is located on the second floor of the “Administrative and Preclinical Block” and has a digital division for students to avail of the e-resources. Faculty can also benefit from the book resources in the library.
The campus is fully Wi-Fi enabled. The steins can access Wi-Fi in hostels, classrooms, libraries, and cafeterias. The students find the Wi-Fi-enabled campus helpful for both academic and non-academic purposes like research or rehearsing a dance for a cultural event at the college.
All the cultural events like DSI international fest and DSI country week are organized by the management in the amphitheater. Students are enthused to take part in the cultural fests and give spectacular performances.
A campus auditorium is a place where seminars, guest lectures, and project presentations are carried out. It is a big furnished hall equipped with air conditioning.
A cafeteria on the campus of Dayanand Sagar College Of Dental Sciences Bangalore is a place where the social life of students begins. Students from different ethnic backgrounds interact to form social connections. The students discuss and debate various topics over a cup of tea and snacks at the cafeteria
The bookshop on the campus sees huge sales, as students from the hostel buy notes and stationery from it.
Gymnasium and Fitness Room
The students fully utilize the campus gym for regular physical exercise. The gym is well-equipped and well-maintained. A physical coach is available for students to work out under the guidance of a professional.
The classrooms are Wi-Fi enabled with advanced teaching facilities. The lectures are delivered using projectors and screens.
The students can opt for the bus facility to travel into the city. All safety measures should be abided by the staff and regular maintenance of vehicles is made mandatory by the management.
Accommodation is provided individually for boys and girls. The rooms are fully furnished. The hostels are connected with a 24/7 drinking water supply.
- Address: 50 Feet Main Rd, 1st Stage, Kumaraswamy Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560078.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long is the Bachelor of Dental Surgery programme?
A four-year degree and a one-year rotating internship programme make up the Bachelor of Dental Medicine.
2. How is the hostel accommodation at DSCDC in Bangalore?
With clean and furnished rooms and hygienic utilities, the hostel rooms at DSCDC are decent enough for student accommodation.
3. How long is the Master of Dental Surgery programme?
The M.D.S programme’s regular duration is 3 years.
4. What's it like to live on campus at DSCDC?
We can see a vibrant and inclusive environment as students from different walks of life interact on the campus of DSCDC.
5. Is there an anti-ragging cell at the college?
To stop the ragging operations, there is an anti-ragging cell. The anti-ragging committee on the campus looks into the matters of ragging and teasing.
6. Does DSCDS offer an M.D.S. programme?
Yes, a master’s course in dental surgery is available at DSCDS.
7. Is the campus Wi-Fi enabled?
Yes, the campus is Wi-Fi enabled. Students can access Wi-Fi in hostels, libraries, cafeterias and classrooms.
8. Is the B.D.S. programme at DSCDS affordable?
It is affordable when compared to other private dental colleges in India.
You can also look for another dental college. All you need to do is click and follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
Just a Moment:
You can help potential BDS aspirants in their future careers and can also add value to us. All you need to do is put up a review in the comment section below about your experiences at Dayananda Sagar Dental College if you are an alumnus or a student pursuing a degree in dentistry from the college.
If you are looking for information about other colleges, you can go through my detailed post about the dental colleges in Bangalore.