Hey! Welcome to today’s blog post, where you can get answers to all of your questions about the top universities and institutions. This post is very educational and helpful to you if you want to pursue a career path in the field of dentistry. Read through this article till the end to learn all the admission credentials of Dr Syamala Reddy Dental College Bangalore (SRDC), one of the top dental schools in Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- Dr Syamala Reddy Dental College Bangalore Overview
- Dr Syamala Reddy Dental College Bangalore Admission
- Dr Syamala Reddy Dental College Bangalore Courses Offered
- Dr Syamala Reddy Dental College Bangalore Fees Structure
- Placement and Scope
- Rankings and Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Dr Syamala Reddy Dental College Bangalore Overview
Since its inception, the institution has developed tremendously to occupy the position of a highly-reputed institute, renowned for the quality of instruction that is delivered to hundreds of brilliant and deserving students by an outstanding and committed teaching faculty. This college is considered one of the Best Dental Colleges in India.
|Dr. Syamala Reddy Dental College
|SGR College Main Road, Munnekolala Marathahalli
|Dr. N. Vijayakumar
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
|Dental Council of India (DCI), Govt. Karnataka
|Boys and Girls
- They provide a wide range of postgraduate and undergraduate programs, allowing candidates to meet the professional needs of today’s highly demanding market.
- The college features a clinical and preclinical lab. All clinical departments, such as oral medicine, endodontics, orthodontics, oral surgery, periodontics, etc., have good full-time faculty. These are the key departments in which you will get to work with general patients under the supervision of excellent faculty. This significantly boosts the confidence of the students.
- Students can avail world-class learning standards irrespective of their economical backgrounds. Digital classrooms, labs, an auditorium, and a well-stocked library are all available at the college. The college also includes a research center on-site. The college has full Wi-Fi capability. Additionally, the college offers transportation services.
- The institute attracts diverse learners from all around the nation and the world. They are educated according to university standards, which emphasize having a well-rounded mix of knowledge and abilities, and they are sculpted to succeed in a world that is intensely competitive on a worldwide scale.
The institute’s vision entails:
- The delivery of all dental care services through a single window, total quality control in services, and instruction to prepare general, specialised, and associated professionals to provide local, state, and federal oral health care services.
- Work to advance understanding and expertise in oral health care worldwide to share knowledge and engage with others with similar interests.
- To be effective, efficient, and sociable in your research and education services.
- Global competencies development fosters a sense of morals and ethics among students while promoting the usage of pertinent technologies.
The institute’s mission entails:
- providing dentistry education that is student-centric and Patient-centric, along with care research focused on the community.
- Serving the underserved and fulfilling the need for dental education on a local, national, and international level.
- strategically planning for the future to facilitate supreme knowledge, talent, service management professionalism, and transparency inside the workplace.
- Excellence in research, teaching, oral healthcare, and community services.
Why Choose Dr Syamala Reddy Dental College Bangalore?
The institute is a good choice for people looking to pursue excellent training and education in the field of dentistry because it aims to provide high-quality dentistry education and services. Some of its best features are highlighted below:
The Dental Council of India and the Government of Karnataka both recognize the college. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council have awarded the SR Dental College with an “A” Grade (NAAC).
The college is situated in Marathahalli, Bangalore, and is spread out over 7 acres of lush scenery that is entirely owned by the college management or the Educational Society. It has the facilities necessary for a reputable, cutting-edge dentistry institution.
- Practical Experience
The college has the most up-to-date infrastructure, including high-end dental chairs. The institution regularly upgrades its facilities and equipment to meet the evolving demands of the modern world. Students gain practical experience performing surgeries and implant procedures on real patients.
- Transportation Facility
Students and teachers from different sections of the city can use the computing facilities provided by the dental college. The college is conveniently located near public transportation options, making commuting for individuals who live elsewhere in the city a breeze.
- Events and Workshops
Throughout the year, a variety of activities and courses are planned to help students learn, compete and grow. These workshops and events provide them exposure to the world of dentistry inculcating a pro attitude in pursuing research in the students.
Dr Syamala Reddy Dental College Bangalore Admission
The criteria for applying to Dr. Syamala Reddy Dental College courses are as follows:
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Course Duration: 5 years
- Intake: 40
BDS Eligibility Criteria
- Before going any further, let me make this absolutely clear DSRDC will only accept candidates that have qualified for the threshold score in NEET.
- Candidates from the reservation categories (SC/ST/OBC) must achieve marks equivalent to at least the 40th percentile in their PUC or 10+2 qualifying examination to qualify for state counseling.
- Aspirants in the UR category must get a score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile in their PUC or 10+2 qualifying examination.
- Candidates must have completed the two-year Karnataka Pre-University Examination (or an equivalent qualifying examination from another recognized board) with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as core courses.
- The applicant must have received at least 50% of the aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, as well as a pass in English in their 10+2 standard, or any other equivalent that is acceptable by RGUHS, Bangalore.
Documents Required for BDS Admissions
- Class 10 certificate.
- NEET Admit Card and Rank Certificate.
- Certificate and mark sheet for Class 12.
- Proof of identification.
- 8 passport-sized photos.
- Letter of Provisional Allotment.
- Certificate of Caste (if applicable).
- Certificate of Disability (if applicable).
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
- Course Duration: 3 years.
- Intake: 18.
MDS Eligibility Criteria
A BDS degree from a college or university recognized by the Dental Council of India or an equivalent degree from a university or college recognized by the Dental Council of India and Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Karnataka is required for admission to the MDS program,
Documents Needed for MDS Admissions
- NEET MDS Result card.
- NEET MDS Admit Card.
- Transcript showing the individual scores of each paper for the first, second, and third years of BDS.
- BDS Degree Certificate.
- Provisional Certificate issued by the Dental Council International.
- Certificate of Successful Completion of an internship from the Institution’s Head.
- The 10th-grade mark sheet is birth proof.
- Valid government-issued identification documents.
- Medical certification of physical impairment, if necessary.
- If necessary, an SC/ST/OBC certificate.
Dr Syamala Reddy Dental College Bangalore Courses Offered
The institute offers the following postgraduate and undergraduate programs:
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
This is a required course for students who want to work as dentists in public or private hospitals. It lasts for 5 years, The curriculum consists of four years of classroom instruction and one year of mandatory rotatory internship. BDS is primarily concerned with training and exposing students to dental sciences and operations.
MDS (Master of Dental Surgery)
In a master’s degree program in dentistry, students who have graduated in Dentistry Science can take this course to have a thorough grasp of dental difficulties. The MDS program lasts for 3 years and those who have already completed post graduate diploma recognized by the Dental Council of India can take this course for two years. Students learn about disorders of the tooth, jaw, and other facial tissues, as well as other dental difficulties for maintaining excellent oral health.
The various departments of undergraduate and postgraduate studies are listed below
- Radiology and Oral Medicine Department
This area of dentistry is focused on treating patients with complicated medical conditions affecting their oral mucosa, salivary gland, orofacial discomfort, and temporomandibular disorders. Through the diagnosis and treatment of oral illnesses, the practice of oral medicine ensures that everyone has the best possible health.
This specialization focuses on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases that affect the tissue that supports and surrounds the teeth and dental prosthetics like dental implants. The department provides distinct undergraduate and graduate programs with the most up-to-date equipment, including lasers, microsurgical tools, Florida probes, and piezosurgery.
- Crown bridge and prosthodontics
The Department of Prosthodontics has provided both postgraduate and undergraduate students with a thorough education in dental prosthetics. At any given time throughout the academic year, the department trains 500 undergraduate students, including interns, and 24 postgraduate students.
- Endodontics and conservative dentistry
This department aims to make patients’ smiles the biggest it has ever been by providing them treatment for cracked and periapical teeth, discolored teeth, and pain. The department instills thorough knowledge, commands of required techniques, and commitment.
- Dentofacial orthopedics and orthodontics
The department has well-distinguished undergraduate and postgraduate sections with adequate space and convenience. They have faculty with outstanding academic and clinical accomplishments and produced numerous rank holders who are currently effectively practicing medicine in India and overseas.
- Preventive and pediatric dentistry
The department provides effective dental care for young children while also practicing preventative dentistry. It also includes the treatment of children who are physically and cognitively challenged. The department benefits from a top-notch workforce and works in partnership with several public institutions and special schools.
- Dentistry for Public Health
The Department’s educational program primarily focuses on helping dental students advance their knowledge and expertise in the community’s oral health and welfare. The patients are motivated to maintain their oral health through health speeches as well as instruction in oral hygiene procedures, brushing methods, and other sorts of indicators.
- Maxillofacial and Oral Pathology
For young BDS graduates who choose to pursue a master’s degree in the faculty of oral and maxillofacial pathology, the department of oral pathology is actively involved in offering outstanding opportunities. Research projects can be carried out at the department using top-notch equipment. A lab for immunopathology in the department is well-equipped with the most recent technology.
- Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery
In terms of educational objectives, research activities, and patient care, the department is highly integrated to acquire knowledge and understanding of the etiology, diagnosis, and treatment planning of various major and minor oral and maxillofacial surgical problems. This is made possible by the department’s incredibly committed faculty working together to meet these objectives.
Dr Syamala Reddy Dental College Bangalore Fees Structure
The following table shows Dr. Syamala Reddy Dental College’s fees structure for the new BDS entrance:
|Tuition Fees Details
|Amount (in INR) per year
|Misc Fees Details
|Amount (in INR) per year
|All Category Students
The information regarding the fee structure for the new MDS entrance is as follows:
|Course fees details
|All Category Students
|₹6.21 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)
If you wish to know the further fee breakdown of the total round-up numbers, ensure that you contact us to help you with the necessary information.
Placement and Scope
- The placement cell at the college is efficiently run under the direction of the placement officer. It guarantees thorough training and periodically informs the students about available career prospects and counseling.
- The cell is pleased with its 100% placement rate and is sure to provide its students with the advantage of being accepted into prestigious institutions and hospitals in India and overseas.
- Additionally, the administration accepts students into its hospital and college.
- During the internship, the students receive excellent assistance so they may turn their internships into employment or obtain advice on how to land a job.
- They routinely plan events so that students can discover a variety of professional possibilities and choose the one they want to pursue. They get the opportunity to showcase their talents and capabilities through these programs.
We understand your concerns regarding parameters based on which you want to weigh the pros and cons of enrolling in any college. And drawing on the history concerning on-campus placement opportunities provided by the college management is worth knowing about. We are ready and waiting for you to provide all this information. So, pick up that phone today and get ready to get served!
Rankings and Recognitions
The institution is rated “A” by NAAC. If you need the more precise and latest information on the SR Dental College ranking, kindly get in touch with us. Every time you need assistance with searching for information or feel a crisis of authentic data regarding college admissions, call us and we will employ our knowledgeable team who will be able to uncover all of the answers to your questions.
The College has well-qualified instructors, an inclusive environment, and advanced library resources to foster a quality learning process. The institute instills in its students the need to produce work of the highest calibre while also inspiring them to be on top.
The college offers scholarship opportunities for students who have stellar academic records as well as for those who fall into the category of minority community or economically weak backgrounds. Candidates must stay in touch with the administration and the college website for additional details on this unless they want us to provide you with the same information ahead of the admission process.
The option of a regular single room or a twin-share room is available to the students provided they choose not to opt for their dorm facilities. The necessary facilities are given in each room, including a cot, mattresses, built-in cabinet, table, and chairs.
The college’s campus has a hostel that ensures students have a pleasant place to stay while they are attending classes. There are studio flats and triple occupancy rooms available, each with amenities including internet access.
A modern, sanitary kitchen delivers delectable food inspired by many cuisines. Faculty are always accessible because of on-campus staff quarters, which also creates the impression of a full residential experience.
A wide variety of wholesome and hygienically prepared meals and beverages are served at the cafeteria on the Dr. Syamala Reddy Dental College campus. A variety of cuisines are served at cafes and inexpensive eateries located all around the campus.
This college offers a solid mix of highly educated, well-trained, and tech-equipped faculty members. Additionally, there are enough non-technical staff members available to foster an environment where students may learn on their own. They are accountable for advancing and upholding the standards of medical education at Dr. Syamala Reddy Dental College Hospital & Research Centre in their capacity as faculty members of the organization.
Research is promoted by the institutional research committee. The undergraduate, as well as post-graduate students, can utilize this to pursue their original line of thought and ideas. A process for carrying out research projects at the Institute is laid forth by the Research Committee is specifically dedicated to the cause of research and is run by both students and professors.
College counseling assists students in addressing their issues and helping them find solutions on their own. They may simply express their problems, decide what is appropriate for them, and advance their careers through this. By receiving one-on-one counseling, pupils with severe anxiety issues feel much more at ease knowing that help is always on their way.
The alumni of the institution are employed nationally and internationally and gather once a year to foster a long-term relationship with the college faculty and administration to share their professional experiences.
Alumni talk about their journeys and provide you with insights that can be a source of inspiration during your college education. Furthermore, you can always read the articles and interviews that are directly from our alumni community to guide you for a better future.
- Address: 111, Munnekolala, 1, SGR Dental College Rd, Marathahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560037.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What benefits does the internship at SRDC offer?
The internship helps in developing professionalism, gaining self-assurance and boosting clinical aptitude. It also acts as a pathway to obtaining a job at the institute’s hospital.
2. Does SRDC provide placement facilities?
Yes, they provide placement facilities through their placement cell where they fully support and guide their students in obtaining a job. Additionally, the administration recruits students into its hospital and college.
3. How does the admission process take place at SRDC?
Candidates are chosen based on their NEET results. To download the admission form and for more details, you can keep browsing the college's website regularly.
4. Does the college develop an aptitude for research in students?
SRDC is a perfect dental college to pursue your degrees since they develop a keen sense of research in students. They have a Research Centre supervised by some of the best minds in the country to direct you towards a research-intensive process altogether.
5. Is the SRDC campus safe for students?
To provide a gender-neutral environment for both sexes on campus, the college administration established a committee. Students can submit their complaints to the committee in person or confidentially at the institution.
6. Does SRDC hostel accommodations offer a mess facility?
Yes, the institute offers a mess facility where students are provided hygienic meals three times a day.
7. What is the intake in the BDS course at SRDC?
40 students are admitted every year to the BDS course of SRDC.
8. Does SRDC provide hostel facilities?
Yes, the college provides separate hostels for boys and girls.
You can also go through my detailed post on other dental colleges:
One Small Ask:
It will just take a while. All you need to do is put a review in the reply box below about your tenure at Dr. Syamala Reddy Dental College if you have been an alumnus or a student pursuing a degree in dentistry from the college. This effort of yours will certainly help the budding dental aspirants in their future careers and will add value to us well.