|Apply for Admission 2022-23|
In today’s fast-paced world, muscle deterioration on a daily basis is unavoidable when everyone is racing ahead to keep up. And that’s where “Physiotherapy” plays a crucial role in regaining the natural balance of the body. This alternate process of healing requires trained professionals who are known as Physiotherapists. To become one you need to pursue a career in this field.
Physiotherapy is an upcoming profession in the healthcare industry. So, in this post, I’m going to discuss a top-notch physiotherapy college in Bangalore. The college provides UG as well as PG programs in physiotherapy. If you are interested in pursuing a career in BPT or MPT, then go through my post to know more about Florence College of Physiotherapy Bangalore. I hope this will certainly guide you rightly to your destination.
Table of Contents
- Florence College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
- Courses offered
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents required
- Admission Procedure 2022 -23 for Florence College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Florence College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Fees Structure
- Campus Facilities at Florence College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Placements at Florence Physiotherapy College
- Department and Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
Florence College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
Florence Group of Institutions was founded in the year 1984, by the Devenahalli Rural Education Trust. The main purpose of forming the trust was to impart good education in a disciplined way. The institution was founded by Mr C. Mallikarjuna and is the source behind establishing the trust. His vision was to establish educational institutions which provide quality education to the students.
The Chairperson of Florence Group is Mrs Kalpana and Mr C. Mallikarjuna is a member, along with other board members who look after the management of the institutions. The Principal of the college is Mr Bipin Puneeth Jayapala.
Florence College of Physiotherapy Bangalore finds its place on #507 & 509, 1 “D” Main3rd Block, Kalyan Nagar, HRBR Layout, in Bangalore-560043, Karnataka. It is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi Health Sciences Institute (RGUHS) and is affiliated to the Indian Association of Physiotherapists (IAP) and the Government of Karnataka.
Physiotherapy is also called Physical Therapy. It is among the allied health professions. It is a treatment given to help in restoring, maintaining, and maintaining the mobility of the patient, functioning, and overall well-being. It helps through rehabilitation of the injuries, physical rehabilitation, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Florence College of Physiotherapy Bangalore offers physiotherapy courses for graduates and postgraduates. It offers a bachelor’s in Physiotherapy and a Master’s in Physiotherapy.
Bachelor in Physiotherapy at Florence College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Bachelor in Physiotherapy or BPT is a full-time course for a duration of four and half years, which includes six months of internship. The course curriculum for Bachelor in Physiotherapy includes subjects such as:
- Nursing Basic.
- Orientation to Physiotherapy.
- First Aid and CPR.
- Exercise Therapy.
- Research Methodology and Biostatics.
- General Medicine.
- General Surgery.
- Orthopaedics and Traumatology.
Master’s in Physiotherapy at Florence College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Master’s in Physiotherapy is a post-graduate level course, for a duration of two years. The specializations which are offered are:
- MPT in Cardio-Respiratory.
- MPT in Community Physiotherapy and Community Based Rehabilitation.
- Disorders and Intensive Care.
- MPT in Neurology and Psychosomatic Disorders.
- MPT in Musculoskeletal Disorders and Sports Physiotherapy.
- MPT in Pediatric Physiotherapy.
Candidates looking to get admission to Bachelor in Physiotherapy must fulfil the criteria mentioned below:
- Must have passed 12th Standard/ II PUC from a recognized Board or School, with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with English subjects, both individually as well as in the aggregate score. The aggregate marks of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology together must not be less than forty-five per cent.
- For students who belong to SC/ ST category, the aggregate score is around forty per cent.
- Must have attained seventeen years of age on 31st December on the year of taking admissions.
- Before getting admission, he/she must furnish a physical fitness certificate from a Certified Government Medical Officer, stating that he/she is medically fit to undergo the course.
Candidates looking for admission to MPT (Master’s in Physiotherapy) must fulfil the criteria listed below:
- Must have passed BPT from a recognized college or university, with a minimum aggregate of fifty per cent marks.
- Must have completed the compulsory six months of internship.
For getting admission to Bachelor’s of Physiotherapy, the following documents are required:
- 10th Standard Mark sheet.
- 12th Standard Mark sheet.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Caste certificate (if applicable).
- Identification Proof (PAN Card/Aadhar/Driving License/Passport).
- Recent passport size photographs.
At the time of getting admission for a Master’s in Physiotherapy, the following documents are required:
- Year-wise BPT Mark sheet.
- BPT Course Completion Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- 10th and 12th Standard Mark sheet.
- Proof of Identity (PAN Card/Aadhar/Driving License/Passport).
- Recent passport size photographs.
Skills required for a physiotherapist
Physiotherapy courses require the students to have detailed clinical knowledge as well as an understanding of the principles of therapeutic treatments for the patients. The professionals in this field must possess thorough learning of the various illness and pains. You need to establish trust and faith with the patient, by providing an explanation of the procedures.
The skills required for a physiotherapist are:
- Convincing Ability.
- Fluent in the English Language.
- Speech Clarity.
- Ability to operate the equipment.
- Scientific Reasoning.
- Empathy for the patients.
- Ability to be influential and persuasive.
- Excellent Presentation Skills.
Admission Procedure 2022 -23 for Florence College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The admission procedure for the courses at Florence College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is as follows:
- Students who are willing to apply for the management quota need to pay an amount of Rs 500/- and Rs 550/- by post.
- The fee is for the cost of the application. It has to be sent to the Chairman of the Florence Group of Institutions.
- Fill in the details carefully and submit it to the college before the last date, with the copies of the given documents.
|BPT||Four and half years||40|
Florence College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Fees Structure
Candidates desiring to apply for any of the courses under the management quota have to pay Rs. 500/- (if by post Rs. 550/-) being the cost of application and prospectus. The course fee for physiotherapy is quite nominal and affordable for an average middle-class family. The charges are as per contemporary industry standards. Students can also choose to pay the fee amount in instalments.
|BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)||INR||Qualified 12th standard with 45% marks|
|MPT (Master of Physiotherapy)||INR||Qualified BPT with 50% marks + Internship|
If you want to know the detailed fee structure of Florence College of Physiotherapy, Bangalore, you can call or leave a message in the comment box below. We will get back as soon as possible.
Campus Facilities at Florence College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Florence College of Physiotherapy, Bangalore has got excellent infrastructure facilities which are available on the HRBR Layout campus. Each of the colleges has a separate block dedicated to the facilities which are available to the students. The amenities are given so that parents or guardians feel that their wards are studying in a safe and secure environment.
The facilities for the students are:
Hostel Facility at Florence College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The hostel has a multi-storied building with spacious rooms, which are separate for boys and girls. There is security which is available round the clock so that they feel safe and secure throughout their stay at the campus.
Rules and regulations must be followed by the students. Faculties are available to help and guide the students whenever it is necessary.
To look into the physical and mental well-being of the students, the college has a hygienic and furnished mess facility. The kitchen is well equipped with modern equipment. It has a large dining hall, where the students come and have their food. Both North Indian and South Indian cuisines are served in the mess.
The classrooms are spacious, well ventilated, and airy. Each room is well furnished with audio-visual equipment like OHP, projector, Computers, Television, etc.
Library at Florence College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The library is the knowledge hub of every college. It has got a vast collection of professional books, medical and paramedical journals, periodicals, newspapers, and so on. There is a Wi-Fi connection so that they are updated with knowledge about the newer happenings in the medical field.
Students are issued library cards, on which they can borrow and return books. Students are not allowed to take reference books outside the library.
Florence Group of Institutions has got its own fleet of buses which are available to the faculties and students. The buses go to and fro from the college to various places such as hospitals, clinics, community, seminars, workshops, etc.
The computer lab is well equipped with computers, where the students can learn and update their current knowledge. It is very spacious and well ventilated. It has got a high-speed internet connection, which can help them in accessing the internet.
Students are given opportunities to visit different health and community centres, for enhancing their knowledge. During the time of internship, students are assigned duties at the hospitals in different departments.
The labs provide a real-life clinical setup where the procedures are shown by the faculties and it is demonstrated by the students. The various labs on campus are:
- Nursing Lab.
- Health and Community Nursing Lab.
- Maternity and Child Health Lab.
- Lab for nutrition.
- Anatomy Lab.
- Physics and Chemistry Lab.
- Audio Visual Lab.
- Computer Lab.
Florence College of Physiotherapy, Bangalore organizes seminars and workshops for the students so that they can participate in state and national level competitions.
Florence College of Physiotherapy, Bangalore believes in the overall well-being of the students. It encourages them to participate in sports and extra-curricular activities. Various sports activities like indoor and outdoor games are organized on regular basis. All the activities happen during the academic year.
Placements at Florence Physiotherapy College
The placement cell at Florence College of Physiotherapy, Bangalore conducts different activities in order to meet the professional needs of the students. The department conducts career management activities for the students. It organizes support workshops that help in improving the chances of transition from a student to an executive.
It holds workshops for the final year students, in order to improve their skills and aptitudes, strengths and weaknesses, presentation skills, and networking with the leaders in the industry.
The students are getting placed in companies such as:
- Florence Poly Clinic and Diagnostic Centre.
- K. C. General Hospital.
- Chaya Hospital.
- Chris Super Specialty Hospital and Research Centre.
- NIMHANS Hospital.
- Spandana Nursing Home.
- Baptist Hospital.
- Vikram Hospital.
- Ravi Kirloskar Hospital.
Department and Research
Various departments in the Florence College of Physiotherapy, Bangalore are:
- Department of Anesthesia.
- Department of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Department of Clinical Psychology.
- Department of Exercise and Sports Sciences.
- Department of Occupational Therapy.
- Department of Physiotherapy.
- Department of Respiratory Therapy.
- Department of Emergency Medicine.
I have gathered information about Florence College of Physiotherapy Bangalore from my research online. I talked to students who have passed out and shared their experiences with me. If you like my post, please share it with your friends and family. To know more, please visit http://www.rguhs.ac.in/.
Write to me if you have any doubts or questions regarding college, admission procedure, fee structure, etc. I will get back ASAP. Please write a review if you are an alumnus of Florence College of Physiotherapy.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much time does it take to finish the degree in physiotherapy?
Bachelor of Physiotherapy or BPT takes around four and half years to finish. It includes six months of clinical internship. A Master’s in Physiotherapy takes around two years.
2. What is the scope for a physiotherapist?
Physiotherapists are in more demand across the world. The physiotherapists help patients to have a normal and healthy life.
3. What is the minimum percentage to qualify for BPT?
Students who are looking to pursue BPT must have passed Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with the English language as compulsory subjects, and the aggregate score of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology must be around forty-five per cent, in the qualifying examination held by a recognized board.
4. Can I pursue BPT after 12th standard Commerce?
No, BPT Course cannot be pursued after the 12th standard in Commerce Stream. The students are required to have passed Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with an aggregate score of forty-five per cent.
5. Is there any entrance exam for getting admission to the BPT Course?
Yes, Karnataka CET (KCET) is the entrance examination for getting admission to the BPT Course. But, it is not mandatory for all the colleges offering BPT Courses.
6. Is BPT enough for physiotherapy?
Yes, Bachelor's in Physiotherapy is enough to start a private physiotherapy clinic. But, he/she needs to get registered with the Indian Association of Physiotherapists.
7. Is physiotherapy a good career for girls?
Yes, BPT is a good career for girls because of the working patterns and the different career options available. It is also good because girls can join any good orthopaedic surgeon or doctor or have a private clinic on their own.
8. What are the earnings of physiotherapists?
The average earnings of physiotherapists range from three lakhs sixty thousand rupees to eight lakhs rupees yearly.
9. Is physiotherapy better than nursing?
Though the scope of physiotherapy is limited and the students are required to complete a professional degree in order to find more jobs. Nurses earn more than physiotherapists and it gets increased with the experience.
10. Is physiotherapy hard to study?
No, Physiotherapy is not very difficult to study. If you have an interest in learning, then it will become easy to study and understand.
ONE SMALL REQUEST:
In case you are a student or alumni of Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy, please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.