|Apply for Admission 2022-23|
If you are a regular reader of our blog, then you might know we provide the latest and updated news in the field of education. In this post, I will be talking about different physiotherapy colleges in Karnataka.
Out of these colleges, today I will be giving you complete details about Goutham College of Physiotherapy in Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- Goutham College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
- Courses offered
- Academic Eligibility
- Documents needed
- Admission Process
- Goutham College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Fees Structure
- Placements at Goutham College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Facilities available at Goutham College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Departments and Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
Goutham College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
The Goutham Educational Group of Institutions came into existence in the year 1986 under the Goutham Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology. It is registered under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act. Since its inception, the Goutham Group has got a good name in the field of Medical and Para Medical Education. The Management is headed by Dr A.T.S Giri, whose visionary zeal is the guiding light behind the policies and stature of the college.
The Colleges which come under the group are:
- Goutham College of Nursing.
- Goutham College of Education.
- Goutham College of Science.
- Goutham College of Paramedical/PUC/Allied Health.
- Goutham Siddhartha College of Pharmacy.
- Goutham College of Law.
- Goutham College of Physiotherapy.
Goutham Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS). It is recognized by the Indian Association of Physiotherapists (IAP) and by the Government of Karnataka. The college finds its place in # 258,5th Main, 2nd Cross, 1st phase, WOC Road, Manjunathanagar, Bangalore-560010.
The Principal of the college is Dr.Vinod Babu. K and Vice-Principal is Dr.Vijay Nirmala. K along with their team of highly qualified and experienced faculties. Some of them are:
- Dr.Mutala Kishore Kumar Reddy-Professor.
- Dr.Asha D-Professor.
- Dr.Lakshmi.H-Associate Professor.
- Dr.Bhargava Kumar Bhaskar-Associate Professor.
- Dr.Deepmala Thakur-Associate Professor.
- Dr.Sumana.N-Assistant Professor.
- Dr.Thara N-Assistant Professor.
- Dr.Parvathala Keerthi Priya-Assistant Professor.
- Dr.Dhanyatha Surya-Lecturer.
- Dr.Priya Desai-Lecturer.
- Dr.Sunitha Kumari-Lecturer.
- Dr.Sanjana M-Lecturer.
The institution offers graduate and post-graduate level courses, Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy (BPT), and a Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy (MPT).
Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy at Goutham College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Physiotherapy has gained a lot of importance and it is becoming increasingly popular these days. It is a system of health care that helps in detecting, diagnosing, and treating physical and psychological dysfunctions which use exercises, mechanical forces, heat, and cold therapy, electricity, light, etc. with the help of technology. It is a holistic approach to patient care leading to Psychological restoration using techniques of Medical Rehabilitation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy (BPT) is a four and half year course which includes six months of internship. There is a hospital within the campus. There is a rehabilitation clinic that caters to needy people.
The course curriculum includes subjects:
- Human Anatomy.
- Exercise Therapy and so on.
Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy (MPT) at Goutham College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
A master’s Degree in Physiotherapy is a post-graduate level course for a duration of two years. The specializations offered are:
- MPT in Musculo- Skeletal, and Sports.
- MPT in Neurology.
- MPT in Cardio-respiratory.
- MPT in Paediatric.
- MPT in Community Based Rehabilitation.
If he/she is looking for admission to BPT, then he/she must satisfy the following criteria:
- Must have passed PUC/12th standard with forty-five percentage marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with English.
- For students who belong to the SC/ST category, it should be not less than forty percent.
- Must have completed seventeen years of age at the time of admission or will/can achieve the age on or before 31st August on the year of admission.
If he/she is looking to take admission in Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy, he/she must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must have passed BPT or B.Sc. (PT) with minimum marks of around fifty percent.
- For SC/ST students, the minimum mark to be obtained is around forty-five percent.
Students who are applying for the Bachelor of Physiotherapy course in the session have to send or hand over the completed application form with photocopies of original documents. The documents needed are:
- 10th and 12th Standard issued by any Board/University.
- Certificate of Migration obtained from Board/University.
- Conduct/Certificate of Transfer/Migration Certificate from school and college last studied.
- Age Proof/Date of Birth Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Ten passport size and ten stamp size photographs.
- Government-issued Proof of Identity.
The Documents needed for the Master’s of Physiotherapy course at the time of admissions are:
- 10thand 12th Standard Mark sheet.
- Degree certificate issued by Board/University.
- Certificate of Migration from any Board/University.
- Conduct/Transfer/Migration Certificate issued by the last college.
- Age proof/Date of Birth Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Ten stamp size and ten passport size photographs.
- Government-issued Proof of Identity.
The admission process for courses at Goutham College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is open to all students worldwide if the basic requirements are met. The details are available on the website. The prospectus of the college can be obtained from the administrative office of the Goutham Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology, Bangalore on payment of cash or DD with a requisition of the application form which is self-addressed in a ten rupees stamped envelope.
- Applications that are received are scrutinized by the selection committee and the performance of the student in the examination. Students who are selected provisionally will be called for interviews.
- The date and timings of the interview will be informed to the candidates by post. There will be an entrance test which will be based on the general knowledge and aptitude. The selection committee’s decision will be the final decision. Preference will be given to students who have higher qualifications than the prescribed.
- Download the Application form. The admission procedure is personalized and user-friendly. Classes will begin in the month of July and September every year. Admissions will be open till the seats are there and enrolment for these seats happen throughout the year.
Payment of Admission Fees/Reservation Amount
- Students who apply for the course, are required to fill out the Application Form and enclose a photocopy of the documents as required.
- The filled application must be sent to the Administrative Office with the reservation fees of ten thousand rupees, which is adjusted towards fee payment soon after the seat gets confirmed.
- The administrative office will give confirmation of the course and you will be notified with a provisional admission letter.
- Those students who are looking to get admission in the current year, need to send or hand over in person, the filled-up application form with two photocopies of the original documents.
Goutham College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Fees Structure
The fees structure for Goutham College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is:
|BPT||Four and half years||Rs 1,25,000|
|MPT||Two years||Rs 1,50,000|
Placements at Goutham College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Goutham College of Physiotherapy Bangalore provides placement assistance to all its students. The placement cell trains the students and mentors them, in order to become medical professionals in the field.
Facilities available at Goutham College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Goutham Group of Institutions has got excellent infrastructure facilities, which are available on the campus at Manjunathnagar. The facilities available are:
Hostels facility at Goutham College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
There are separate hostels for boys and girls, which are situated next to the college, and security is provided round the clock. There are rules and regulations which the students are needed to follow.
Veg and Non-Veg Food is available. Payment of hostel fees is to be done through DD or directly to the bank. The caution deposit will be refunded after the course completion, after submitting a no dues certificate from the warden.
The library is a source of knowledge for the students. There is a vast collection of professional and non-professional medical books, journals, periodicals, and newspapers in English and regional languages. There is a comprehensive collection of courses. It is updated continuously with books and periodicals.
The working hours of the library are till the evening during the academic year. Students are provided with the borrower card. The library is computerized.
Outdoor and Indoor Games
Outdoor and Indoor games facilities are provided for the students. The institute believes in the all-around development of individuals. They are encouraged to participate and excel in competitions held at the State and National levels. Extra-curricular activities and literary events are given a lot of importance. They have support and infrastructure available for participating in games and competitions.
Recreation, Computer, and Video Aids
- There is a recreation hall with indoor games facilities like table tennis, carrom, chess, cable tv, etc.
- Advanced computer facilities are provided for the students.
- The institute makes arrangements for short films, on different subjects which are useful for the students.
The College has its own fleet of buses which operate for the staff and students. It goes to and fro from different parts of the city to the campus. It takes them to organizations, labs, hospitals, etc. for practical training.
The Campus has got a one thousand two hundred and fifty-bed facility which comprises medical, pediatric, surgical, and other facilities like Sports and Orthopaedics.
Departments and Research
Research is an integral part of the curriculum of the academics at Goutham College. The faculties mentor the students and guide them, towards developing a keen interest in research and development. Students are encouraged to read a lot of national and international journals and also publish research papers with their faculties.
I have shared all the information with you about Goutham College of Physiotherapy Bangalore. I have talked to my friends who are studying and also those who have passed out. Apart from that, I have also done my research online. If you like my post, share it in your groups. If you need more information, please visit http://www.karnatakaphysio.org/.
Write to me if you have queries or doubts regarding the college, post your question in the comment box and I will get back soon. If you are a Goutham College of Physiotherapy Bangalore alumni, write a review on our website.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much time does it take to finish the physiotherapy course?
Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy (BPT) is a course for a duration of four and half years. It includes six months of internship. Master’s in Physiotherapy (MPT) is a course for a duration of two years.
2. What is the scope of physiotherapists?
A physiotherapist is a course that is in high demand throughout the world. People who have been bedridden, fighting with ailments, or coming out of accidents. The physiotherapists help and assist the people to get back on their feet. They are also doctors.
3. Is NEET required for BPT?
No, most government colleges have their own entrance examination, whereas in private colleges there is no such entrance required. You just need to be NEET qualified.
4. If you are not selected for MBBS, is BPT a good option?
Yes, the BPT course has the same subjects as MBBS such as Anatomy, Physiology, and Biochemistry. It will be similar to studying Medicine. The demand for physiotherapy is growing each day. So, BPT is a good option.
5. Is BPT a good course after the 12th standard?
Yes, BPT is a good course after the 12th standard. It has its own scope, in the medical field which is similar to MBBS.
6. BPT or BDS, which course is a better option?
Both BPT and BDS have got equal importance in the field of medicine. It depends on your own personal interest. Whatever course you choose, make the best use of it, for making a career in the field of medicine.
7. Is there any entrance exam for BPT?
Yes, there is an entrance examination for BPT in India. In India, you will have to appear for NEET which is the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
8. Is BPT a good course?
Yes, BPT is a good course after the 12th standard, if you are looking forward to taking up the medical profession. After completing BPT, you can go for a Master’s in Ortho, Neuro, Cardio, Musculoskeletal, Geriatric, Paediatric, Oncology, and Gynaecology.
9. Which degree should I go for after completing BPT?
If you think you have the knowledge and want to go for clinical, then you can continue by going for a job or opening a new clinic. But, if you want to do your master’s, you should go to a good college.
10. Is it necessary to do an MPT, after doing BPT?
It is not necessary to do MPT after BPT. You can start working after completing BPT. But, nowadays, people look for specialized physiotherapists for getting treatments.
You may also like other colleges like: