The medical colleges stand as a beacon of hope and progress. These institutions serve as the cradle of future physicians, surgeons, researchers, and healthcare leaders, shaping the very foundation of our healthcare system. As we embark on this journey, we invite you to explore the world of Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Belgaum, where passion meets purpose, where knowledge transforms into action, and where the relentless pursuit of healing knows no bounds.
Table of Contents
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Belgaum Overview
The campus covers a vast 100 acres and offers fantastic facilities and resources to create an engaging and enjoyable learning environment. It was established in 1963, and since then, it has produced several medical professionals who have contributed to the field of medicine.
It has the approval of NMC and has the accreditation from NAAC.
The college also has an affiliation with the K L E Academy of Higher Education & Research, which provides it with a great amount of credibility. Information about Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Belgaum PG fees, Super Specialty program fees, and the cutoff required for admission are not available as of now.
Feel free to go through the rest of the information available in this article.
|Name||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College|
|Address||Old Pune Bangalore Road, Nehru Nagar, Belagavi – 590010.|
|Affiliated to||K L E Academy of Higher Education & Research|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
To become a center of excellence in the field of medical education, research, and healthcare services.
- To provide an exceptional educational experience in the discipline of Medicine.
- To provide a supporting environment that promotes research, critical thinking, and self-directed learning.
Why Choose Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College?
- The Campus: You’ll find everything you need right on campus, including banks, ATMs, a post office, and indoor and outdoor stadiums. The college has comfortable hostels that can accommodate more than 2000 boys and girls, ensuring a safe and convenient stay. The campus is equipped with Wi-Fi and takes pride in being eco-friendly.
- Infrastructure: Apart from the academic and administrative buildings, the campus has an Olympic-standard swimming pool, a spacious auditorium, a beautiful garden with musical fountains, dedicated prayer areas, a cooperative store, a bookstore, various canteens, and even a parlor.
- Students’ Association and Mentorship Program: The college believes in nurturing the all-round development of our students. That’s why it encourages student associations to organize a variety of cultural, literary, and sports events with guidance from our dedicated faculty. It also invites inspirational speakers, including spiritual leaders, to motivate and inspire the students. It also offers a mentorship program that’s designed to be student-friendly.
- International Collaborations: The college has established meaningful partnerships with prestigious organizations like ICMR, WHO, NIH, the University of Illinois in Chicago, and the University of Missouri in Kansas City, USA.
The Chief Minister of Perak, Malaysia, recognized the institution’s exceptional academic quality and signed an MOU to establish a similar college in Malaysia.
- Research Opportunities: The college is actively involved in numerous funded research projects. The college has contributed significant research papers to reputable national and international journals, known for their high impact.
- The Department of Medical Education (DOME): This department of Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Belgaum is responsible for the implementation and evaluation of all educational programs at the college. The Medical Council of India recognizes the DOME as a “Nodal Training Centre” to train medical faculty in “Medical Education Technologies.”
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Belgaum Admission
- Step 1:- Check the eligibility criteria for admission.
- Step 2:- Register for the NEET exam through the official NTA website (For MBBS) and NBE website (For MD/MS and DM/MCh), and obtain a qualifying score in the exam.
- Step 3:- Based on the NEET scores, candidates must participate in state-level or centralized counseling conducted by the respective authorities.
- Step 4:- Based on the choices made during counseling and your NEET score, you will be allocated a seat in a medical college.
- Step 5:- After seat allotment, for document verification and payment of fees, candidates must report to the college.
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Courses Offered
|MBBS||4.5 + 1 year of internship|
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery)
This is a comprehensive 5.5-year professional program leading to the attainment of degrees in both medicine and surgery upon graduation.
The main aim of this curriculum is to prepare students with top-tier education and training, equipping them to make valuable contributions to the continuously expanding healthcare and medical sectors.
Oversight of this program falls under the responsibilities of the Medical Council of India, with a duration spanning four and a half years, organized into semesters, and capped off by a mandatory one-year internship.
This educational path seamlessly integrates rigorous academic coursework with hands-on clinical training, empowering graduates to proficiently diagnose and treat medical ailments, promote overall health, and actively enhance the well-being of individuals and communities.
MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Master of Surgery)
Graduate-level medical education comprises the MD and MS programs, typically pursued by medical graduates aiming to specialize within specific medical or surgical disciplines. These programs enjoy widespread recognition and are actively pursued by healthcare practitioners. Achieving an MD or MS degree is an important milestone in pursuing medical specialization. It paves the way for a diverse array of career prospects, spanning academia, research, hospital-based practice, and the private healthcare sector.
DM (Doctor of Medicine) and MCh (Master of Chirurgiae)
In the ever-evolving medical education and practice landscape, DM and MCh are prominent postgraduate degrees, representing the pinnacle of expertise in specific medical disciplines. These advanced programs cater to medical professionals who aspire to attain the highest level of proficiency and specialization in their chosen fields.
|Anatomy||Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery||Microbiology|
|ENT, Head & Neck Surgery||Forensic Medicine||Neurosurgery|
|Gastroenterology||General Medicine||Nuclear Medicine|
|General Surgery||Interventional Radiology||Obstetrics & Gynecology|
|Physiology||Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery||Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation|
|Psychiatry||Radiation Oncology||Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery|
|Surgical Oncology||Urology||Radiation Oncology|
The Women’s and Children’s Health Research Unit at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College of KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research (KAHER) has been actively engaged in community-oriented research activities aimed at reducing maternal and child mortality since 2001.
Over the past two decades, this multidisciplinary research team has collaborated with international universities and research institutes, as well as numerous medical institutes and agencies in India, securing funding from prestigious organizations such as the World Health Organization and the National Institutes of Health.
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Belgaum Fee Structure
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Belgaum Mbbs Fees for the 1st year are given below:
|INR 1,44,246||INR 18,30,000||USD 45,500|
Placement and Scope
Choosing to pursue an MBBS degree opens up a world of exciting career opportunities and the potential for significant professional growth. In the dynamic healthcare industry, MBBS graduates have the chance to make a positive impact on individuals and communities while enjoying a fulfilling career. To thrive in this ever-evolving field, students should embrace adaptability and remain open to lifelong learning as medicine continues to progress rapidly.
The MBBS internship program is a pivotal moment in the journey of aspiring doctors. It is a vital link between the theoretical learning during the early years of medical school and the hands-on skills required to become a licensed medical professional. Typically, this internship phase kicks off once students have completed their foundational medical education, including classroom studies and clinical training.
The primary purpose of an alumni association is to foster a sense of community and connection among alumni. These associations often serve various functions.
Alumni associations are run by a board of directors and a group of volunteers who are alumni themselves. They also have paid staff members responsible for day-to-day operations.
Overall, alumni associations play a vital role in maintaining the connection between an educational institution and its graduates, helping to create a lifelong bond between alumni and their alma mater.
Review and Recognition
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Belgaum is a well-known medical college that has been around since the early 1960s. It has a lot of experience when it comes to educating and nurturing students, who later become assets to society and contribute to the field of medicine.
The college has received recognition from:
- The National Medical Commission (NMC).
- The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- K L E Academy of Higher Education & Research.
The KLE Dr. Prabhakar Kore Charitable Hospital, with 1400 beds, offers free healthcare services to the underprivileged in various basic medical fields. Additionally, the 1000-bed Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital & Medical Research Centre specializes in providing affordable, advanced medical care in many areas, such as cardiothoracic and vascular surgery, cardiology, urology, plastic surgery, etc.
Moreover, this medical facility serves as a comprehensive training ground for medical students, exposing them to a well-rounded understanding of modern medical practices in resource-rich and resource-limited settings. Remarkably, this hospital boasts a massive 2400-bed capacity, featuring 26 major operating theaters and 240 ICU beds, making it one of the largest and most well-equipped healthcare facilities under a single roof.
The college boasts exceptional museums that showcase intriguing aspects of the human body in terms of medical knowledge and unusual phenomena. Within these museums, there is an extensive collection of more than 300 dissected specimens and 1,000 models, all meticulously maintained. This collection includes exhibits ranging from the development of a human fetus from just one month old until maturity to extraordinary curiosities such as massive tumors surgically removed from the body. These displays serve as an invaluable visual reference bank.
In order to grasp the intricacies of medical science and stay abreast of the latest advancements, it is necessary to conduct experiments and analyze case studies within well-equipped laboratories.
At the college, a range of cutting-edge laboratories are available, furnished with state-of-the-art equipment to facilitate these endeavors. Additionally, a highly trained staff member is on hand to offer valuable assistance and guidance to students as they conduct their experiments and studies, ensuring a comprehensive and dynamic learning experience.
Medical skill labs, also known as medical simulation centers or clinical skills labs, are specialized facilities where healthcare professionals and medical students can practice and refine their clinical and procedural skills in a controlled and safe environment. These labs are equipped with various medical equipment, mannequins, and simulators that mimic real-life medical scenarios, allowing students to gain hands-on experience without the risks associated with live patient care.
The Students’ Association
The Students’ Association is a student-run organization that organizes a variety of cultural, literary, and sports activities throughout the year.
These activities provide students with a break from their academic studies and help them to develop their talents and interests.
The Students’ Association also plays an important role in promoting social responsibility and community service among JNMC students.
The Mentorship Program at JNMC pairs each student with a faculty mentor who provides them with academic and career guidance. Mentors are available to help students with their studies, research, and professional development. They also provide students with support and advice as they navigate the challenges of medical school.
- Bank & ATM.
- JNMC Canteen.
- Medical Book Shop.
- Hair Cutting Salon.
- Address: Old Pune Bangalore Road, Nehru Nagar, Belagavi – 590010.
- Distance from:
- Airport: Belagavi Airport is 13.6 km from Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College.
- Railway station: Belagavi railway station is 4.6 km from the College.
- Bus station: Nehru Nagar bus stop is around 600 m from the college.
Feel free to ask any questions regarding the college. We’ll do all we can to help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What are Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College MBBS fees?
A. For the government category, the fee is INR 1,44,246, while for the private and NRI category, it is INR 18,30,000 and USD 45,500, respectively.
Q2. Where is Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College located?
A. It is located in Nehru Nagar, Belagavi, in Karnataka.
Q3. Does Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College have a cadaveric skill lab?
A. Yes, the college has a cadaveric skill lab.
Q4. Is Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College NMC approved?
A. Yes, the medical college has the approval of the National Medical Commission (NMC).
Q5. What is the intake of students for the MBBS program at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College?
A. 200 seats are available for the MBBS course at The medical college.
Q6. What is the affiliation of Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College?
A. The medical college is affiliated with K L E Academy of Higher Education & Research.
Q7. What are the websites from which the candidates can register themselves for the NEET exam?
A. To register yourself for NEET, you should visit the official NTA website for MBBS aspirants and the NBE website for MD/MS and DM/MCh aspirants.
Q8. When was Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College established?
A. The college was established in the year 1963.
Note to the reader
We truly hope that you found the knowledge in this post to be helpful. Post your inquiries in the comments section below. We appreciate you taking the time to read this post all the way through.