Hi everyone. Welcome back to my blog. Are you motivated to excel in the dental field? Will you register for a dentist’s medical program? Before you start your college life, you must find comprehensive data on the college, but using a web search won’t save you any time or work. To understand everything there is until we know about one of the top BDS colleges, KGF Dental College Kolar, continue reading to the end. Then you may decide if enrolling there is worthwhile or not. We are here to help you choose wisely for your future so you don’t have to worry about running into problems.
If you are looking for dental colleges near by Kolar, then you can go through our list of dental colleges in Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- KGF Dental College Kolar Overview
- Admission to KGF Dental College
- Course Offered & Departments
- KGF Dental College Fee Structure
- Career and Placements
- College Rankings and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
KGF Dental College Kolar Overview
One of Karnataka’s reputable private dental institutions is KGF Dental College Kolar. The college was established in 1991–1992, and its official name is K.G.F. Dental College Kolar. Sambhram Center for Admission periodically holds admissions selection sessions on campus and in various regional centers throughout the year.
The Sambhram Group of Institutions is committed to the student’s overall growth in addition to their academic success. The committed faculty members monitor, coach, educate, and guide learners to tackle upcoming technological difficulties. Activities related to placement are given top priority. Through various development programs, every effort is made to hone students’ hard and soft skills so they can approach the best businesses in the field.
|College Name||KGF College of Dental Sciences and Hospital|
|Location||No. 36, D K Plantation, BEML Nagar, Kolar Gold Fields (KGF) – 563 115.|
|Principal||Dr Sashikala S|
|Affiliated with||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS)|
|Approved by||Government of Karnataka|
|Recognized by||Dental Council of India (DCI)|
|Hostel facilities||Yes (male and female)|
|Study Mode||Full-time or Regular|
- To encourage young professionals to think critically and provide research-based healthcare.
- To cultivate the knowledge, frame of mind, and practical abilities necessary for obtaining undergraduate and graduate degrees in dental health professions.
- All students of oral health sciences should be encouraged to pursue specialization education and research to promote evidence-based practices, patient-centered healthcare, and study.
- Develop and nurture the next generation of healthcare providers.
To offer affordable quality learning while providing students with understanding and abilities in their desired career, instill values, recognize unique potential, and provide possibilities for learners to succeed, thereby shaping them into potential leaders, business owners, and, most importantly, good human beings. Furthermore, it provides high-quality education by blending traditional and modern techniques into value-based comprehensive learning and instruction.
Why Choose KGF Dental College?
Here are some intriguing facts about KGF Dental College Kolar that can persuade you to enroll there:
The KGFCDS campus is incredibly peaceful and green, making it the perfect place for kids to pursue their education. The college has managed to maintain its reputation for turning out top-notch oral healthcare professionals.
The college offers a wide range of courses in a top-notch learning environment. It includes every cutting-edge tool needed to instruct kids. Since the curriculum promotes the development of practical skills, pupils have the advantage of personalized attention from the faculty members.
The KGF Dental College Kolar has formed a college council to allow students to develop their leadership abilities through the organization of events and community service projects, as well as to provide a forum where each student can express concerns or needs. The council’s primary goals are to help students develop soft skills and provide them with professional networking.
The college encourages students to engage in physical activity to prevent them from feeling overloaded by their academic responsibilities. To help students upkeep their psychological health, they also provide yoga instruction and lead meditation sessions. These characteristics lead to the development of the children’s general personality.
Faculty and Staff.
This college offers a potent mix of highly educated, well-trained, and prepared faculty. They are accountable for maintaining and enhancing the caliber of medical training at K.G.F. Dental College as a part of their sole responsibilities as faculty employees. Additionally, enough non-technical staff members are available to foster an environment where students can learn independently.
Many still see ragging as a means of “familiarisation” and an “onset into the actual world” for young college-bound students, even though it has cost dozens of innocent lives over the decades and destroyed thousands of intelligent people’s lives. The college supports its students’ anti-ragging efforts.
Admission to KGF Dental College
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)||4 Years + 1 Year Internship = 5 Years||40|
KGF Dental College Kolar is accredited by the Dental Council of India and is connected with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science. The institution has earned a reputation as one of Kolar Gold Fields’ Best Private Dental Institutes. For more than 24 years, KGFCDS has been a recognized leader in dental health education and delivery. The Sambhram Charitable Trust was founded in 1991 to provide India with oral health education of a high standard.
Below is the admission process for the necessary programs at KGF Dental College. The candidate asked to follow the guidelines as they were.
The steps for completing an application form are listed below.
- Applicants for admission may access the NEET-UG 2022 Application Forms.
- Check out NEET’s official Website at https://ntaneet.nic.in.
- Register online by applying with a personal email address and mobile number that you or your parents have.
- Complete the online registration form and write down Application No. generated by the system.
- Submit scanned copies of the candidate’s most recent passport photo.
- The face should be the main attraction (white background, ears prominent, 80% facial coverage).
- Use the SBI/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI/Paytm Payment System to pay the charge using a debit card, credit card, online banking, or U.P.I., and save the evidence of payment securely for future use. After spending the amount, if the confirmation page is not produced, the transaction is rejected, and the money is returned to the candidate’s bank. The candidate must complete another fee transfer if the Confirmation Page is not made.
Eligibility Criteria for BDS
- Candidates can be admitted to the first year if they have completed the two-year Pre-University Test of the Pre-University Council of Karnataka with English, Physics, Chemistry, or Biology as core courses.
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe pupils will receive a 10% comfort in the marks necessary for enrollment.
- Not less than 50% of the marks obtained in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are considered together at the board exam or any other exam recognized as comparable by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka.
- An applicant who has taken a qualifying exam but whose results have not yet been released may be provisionally permitted to sit for the competitive admissions test; if that applicant is chosen for admission to the dentistry program, that candidate will not have completed the qualifying exam.
- A minimum of 50% on the competitive entrance exam in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology combined.
- The applicant must be at least 17 years old at the time of enrollment or will reach that age on December 31 of the year for which admission is sought.
Documents Needed for BDS Admission
When applying for admission, those who are chosen must present the following documents in their original forms:
- A card with P.U.C. or 10+2 equivalent marks.
- A copy of your SSLC or similar exam results as identification.
- Proof of eligibility from RGHUS if you are from another state or another country.
- A transfer certificate from a former university or college.
- A migration document if you attended a university outside of Karnataka.
Guidelines for Certification Exams
To be eligible for NEET (U.G.) – 2022, applicants should review the following information regarding the qualifying examination requirements.
The qualifying examination or the 12th Standard may be taken by a candidate whose scores are still pending from those exams set for 2022.
Despite this, if the qualifying exam is not passed with the required pass percentage in the first phase of counseling, the university will not certify them for admission to the undergraduate medical programs.
Their request, though, will only be considered if they can provide proof that they completed the qualifying test with the required topics and marks.
The admission policies of private medical colleges should abide by those of the Indian government and each state.
International students seeking admission must provide the following documentation.
- A valid student visa.
- Certificate of Qualification from RGHUS in Karnataka, Bangalore
- No Objection Certificate issued by the Ministry of India’s Department of Health and Family Affairs in New Delhi.
- Permission to stay letter granted by the Police Commissioner.
- In the odd event that a student wishes to stop for any reason, the total course price must be paid.
- Students should adhere to the dress code.
- Students should complete all periodic internal assessment examinations since their achievement in these tests will be used to assess their progress.
- To qualify for the exam, pupils must maintain a minimum of 80% punctuality in every subject.
- Learners whose attendance, performance, and unacceptable behavior will not be allowed to take the exam.
- Students must maintain proper discipline and decency in lectures, labs, the library, the grounds, and the hostel.
- In all cases, the Principal’s judgment is final and binding.
KGF Dental College Kolar has cutoffs for specific courses that applicants for admission must meet. These Cutoff marks will be used to create the merit list. The minimum score required by the selection committee for enrollment is known as the college cutoff.
Applicants under the S.C., S.T., or O.B.C. categories must acquire marks at least the 40th percentile to be eligible for A.I.Q. and state counseling. In contrast, candidates who fall under the U.R. group must achieve scores at a minimum of the 50th percentile to be eligible for further admission.
Course Offered & Departments
By providing prospective students with the required career counseling and advice to choose the best platform and the qualified staff they need, the Sambhram Centre for Admissions streamlines the admission procedure. Sambhram Center for Admission periodically holds admissions selection processes on campus and in various regional centers throughout the year.
Activities related to placement are given top priority. Through various development programs, every effort is made to enhance technical and soft skills to prepare students to approach the finest businesses in the field.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
To perform all activities suitable to general dental practice, including the preventative measures, diagnosis, and care of discrepancies and illnesses of the teeth and associated tissues, dental graduate students must obtain the necessary understanding, abilities, and behaviors during their training in the institution. The student must also be able to engage in the nation’s rural healthcare delivery initiatives and comprehend the notion of community oral health education.
- Must be aware of the scientific concepts required to deliver high-quality oral health care.
- Be aware of and adhere to the laws and guidelines controlling the dentistry industry.
- To provide high-quality oral health care through the practice of evidence-based medicine.
- To develop skills for lifetime learning, like reading, writing, and critical thinking.
- To perform dentistry with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- To spur graduate students’ involvement in and enthusiasm for dental research.
- To distinguish between healthy and unhealthy oral and dental cells.
Choosing and pursuing relevant scientific knowledge sources that contain current, up-to-date materials, recommendations, and treatment methodologies.
|Orthodontics.||The Department of Orthodontics’ mission is to provide high-quality teaching and care in the specialization of Orthodontics using an interdisciplinary team strategy, particularly for rural and semi-urban populations.|
|Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry.||Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses on treating and maintaining kids’ teeth. As a result, it is an area of expertise defined by age. There is an undergraduate section and a clinical laboratory in the Department. To meet the needs of small kids, the clinical operator has a friendly, pleasant, and joyful atmosphere.|
|Public Health Dentistry.||The Department of Public Health Dentistry contributes to the KGF College of Dental Sciences’ aim of offering outstanding training to students and the finest treatments for those in need. The Department intends to reach out to remote people to improve their oral hygiene.|
|Oral Pathology and Microbiology.||It is a field that combines basic research and clinical dentistry. These disciplines educate children about oral anatomy, embryology, and maxillofacial pathology.|
|Periodontics.||Students learn about the importance of gum health and are taught different treatments for ailments.|
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.||This department teaches students about the diagnosis of any diseases of the natural teeth, and their aesthetic treatment of them using modern and futuristic techniques.|
|Prosthodontics.||Students study the maintenance of oral health and appearance. The department teaches aesthetic dentistry as well.|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.||The department exposes students to minor procedures and teaches them to deal with trauma and pathologies.|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology.||Students learn the diagnosis, treatment, and management of oral systemic diseases.|
KGF Dental College Fee Structure
The KGF Dental College fee structure is mentioned below.
Course: Bachelor of Dental Surgery
|Program||Fees (for Govt. Seats)||Fees ( for Priv. Seats)|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||Rs. 95,808||Rs. 7,45,075/-|
|Program||Fees (for NRI Students)||Fees (for Others)|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||Rs. 3,59,400||Rs. 3,59,400|
Career and Placements
(Key Objectives of the Dental Internship)
- Enhance the intern’s dental expertise.
- Develop clinical competencies.
- Gain self-assurance in their skills and prowess. Boost your communication abilities.
- Improve your professionalism.
- Improve your research abilities in science.
- Improve dental projects run by volunteers and the community.
A dentist with clinical knowledge may enroll in nutrition and dietetics programs from top universities worldwide. You can also choose to work as a nutritionist at respectable hospitals.
- Master of Public Health.
The government and business sectors are searching for master of public health candidates. M.P.H. after BDS. is another possible professional path for dentists, similar to M.B.A. The opportunity to relocate abroad is this career’s main draw.
- Teaching Profession.
One of the most popular job alternatives after receiving a BDS. is becoming a faculty member at a dental institution. By doing this, you will also gain knowledge and prepare for the P.G. or NEET examinations. Additionally, you might use this time and income to launch your own dental office.
- Master of Dental Surgery.
You can pursue an MDS to advance your teaching career exponentially and become a senior lecturer afterward. A BDS graduate should consider this as one of their top career choices.
- Private Dental Clinics.
After earning a BDS., starting a dental clinic is a wise career because it pays well. However, you will need to make a significant investment before you can anticipate a sizeable return. It is advised that you work in a private clinic for at least a year after receiving your BDS degree to gain experience managing patients, finances, bills, and treatments. You must also study the region where you plan to open and the level of competition there.
College Rankings and Achievements
The Sambhram Charitable Trust founded the KGF Dental College Kolar. Sambhram Charitable Trust is an education initiative of the Bangalore-based Sambhram group. It is supported by experts, businesspeople, government officials, technologists, and top executives with vision, drive, and extensive networks in their respective fields of expertise. The renowned businessman and philanthropist Sri. Rama Reddy, who lived from 1908 to 1982, served as an inspiration for the founding of the Trust.
- KGF Dental College Kolar has affiliated with the Bangalore Grants Commission as well as the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science. Their affiliation with the Bangalore Grants Commission permits the college administration to have a seat intake of 40.
- Furthermore, the college is approved by the Dental Council of India which is indicative of the fact that the college harbors the required equipment and facilities to conduct the BDS program.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
On its property, the college has a dining hall, a 5-acre park, and separate dorms for males and girls. Both KGF Dental College hostels have nicely furnished air-conditioned rooms. You have access to potable water that is clean. The women’s hostel has a dining area. Newspapers and publications are routinely distributed. In both hostels, they adhere to the policies and procedures very closely.
With its diverse range of books, the library provides an incredible range that includes all the topics covered in class. They provide books for individualized reading and research in the library’s study area. They have a library with current publications, like magazines and newspapers. Both staff and students have separate reading areas for men and women.
The hospital is elegantly constructed with first-rate equipment and can accommodate 120 indoor patients. Numerous free screening and treatment camps are held at hospitals. There are programs, for instance, for neurological conditions, diabetes, arthritis, and hypertension. The hospital frequently hosts free clinics for diagnostics. To diagnose illnesses and provide the appropriate care, they undertake monthly assessments of the nearby communities. Students can benefit from these questionnaires as well.
The college offers a canteen that is open to both staff and students. According to the KGF Dental College reviews, the cafeteria has quality food and is spacious enough to host birthday parties and other such small eventful crowdings.
College Contact Details
Address: No. 36, D.K. Plantation, Beml Nagar Post Kolar Gold Fields, Karnataka.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Phone: +91 8153 278698.
Every student experiences severe worry and bewilderment throughout the time, tests, and entrance examinations. Because we recognise this, we provide services tailored specifically to students looking to select the ideal college for their preferences. We will streamline the admissions criteria to save you time and effort. If you wish to transition easily to the next phase of your life, contact us right now.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many applicants can enrol for the BDS program at K.G.F. College of Dental Sciences & Hospital, K.G.F.?
Forty students enrolled in the BDS program at once.
2. Does the college offer placement opportunities?
Yes, the college offers good placement opportunities.
3. Does the hospital offer opportunities for internships?
Yes, internships are offered by their hospital.
4. Are there hostel accommodation facilities?
They do certainly provide amenities for the on-campus housing.
5. How do we sign up for the campus' BDS program?
Before applying to the college to enrol in the BDS programme, you must first pass the NEET exam with a passing grade. Candidates must score highly on the NEET exam to get accepted into this prestigious college.
6. Are there amenities available?
They give students access to first-rate facilities like libraries, theatres, dorms, cafeterias, laboratories, hospitals, and health facilities.
7. What about women on campuses?
Yes, women on campuses feel very at ease. Women are given numerous possibilities and feel secure on campus.
8. What is the duration of the course?
The duration of the course is 5 years.
If you are interested in collecting more relevant information on another dental college, you can follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A Small Request:
If you are an alumnus or a current candidate at KGF Dental College Kolar, please inform us about your time there, since candidates considering joining the college will want to hear some authentic and credible feedback.