Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences Gulbarga is a well-reputed institution dedicated to excellence in medical education and patient care. It will provide you with various opportunities to grow not just as a professional but also as a person. As you step into the campus, you are embarking on a journey that will shape you into a compassionate, skilled, and knowledgeable medical professional.
The institute stands as a prominent institution dedicated to medical education and healthcare. Established with a commitment to nurturing skilled and compassionate healthcare professionals, KBNIMS has been a cornerstone in the region’s medical landscape.
Table of Contents
Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences Gulbarga Overview
Born in 2000 from the vision of the Khaja Education Society, Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences has blossomed into a pillar of healthcare excellence in Gulbarga, Karnataka.
Recognized by the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and NMC, KBNIMS offers a comprehensive medical education, from MBBS to postgraduate MD and MS options. It has a teaching hospital with 750+ beds.
Beyond the walls, KBNIMS reaches out through free medical camps and social initiatives, painting its legacy with the vibrant colors of community service.
|Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences
|Khaja Banda Nawaz University Campus, Rauza-i Buzurg, Kalaburagi, Karnataka – 585104.
|Khaja Bandanawaz University
|Boys and Girls
- To establish a reputation as a leader in medical research, teaching, and patient care on a worldwide scale.
- To develop caring, highly qualified healthcare professionals who improve the health of people and communities across the world.
- To provide exceptional medical education that emphasizes a holistic approach to patient care, ethical practice, and innovation.
Why Choose Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences Gulbarga?
The following factors make this college a good choice:-
- Focus on rural healthcare:- KBNIMS emphasizes training future doctors to serve in underprivileged areas. You’ll gain practical experience through rural placements and community outreach programs, equipping you to address healthcare needs beyond urban centers.
- Emphasis on ethics and values:- KBNIMS integrates moral and ethical principles into its curriculum. This focus on building Compassionate and Responsible Healthcare Professionals sets them apart from other institutes.
- Diverse and experienced faculty:- The institute boasts a multicultural faculty with extensive experience in both clinical practice and teaching. This ensures you receive well-rounded guidance and exposure to various medical perspectives.
- Strong research culture:- KBNIMS encourages a research-oriented environment, providing opportunities to participate in ongoing projects and contribute to the advancement of medical knowledge.
- Location advantage:- Situated in Gulbarga, KBNIMS offers a unique blend of urban facilities and rural exposure, allowing you to experience both aspects of healthcare delivery.
Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences Gulbarga Admission
In this section, you will find all the information you need to apply to Oxford Medical College, including details about the intake capacity, admissions process, and eligibility requirements.
Khaja Bandanawaz Institute of medical sciences course admission procedure is stated below:
- Qualify NEET:- You must qualify for NEET to be eligible for admission.
- Register for KEA Counselling:- After completing the qualification process, you must visit the official KEA website to register for KEA Counselling.
- Payment for Participation:- You must pay the registration Fee, which may be in the range of INR 1000-5000, depending upon your category. Along with that, there may be a refundable security deposit, which, after the counselling, will be automatically refunded to the same bank account or adjusted towards the allotted seat fee.
- Upload the documents:- Before downloading the draft application, you must provide the necessary information and upload scanned copies of the required documents. Then, accept the declaration.
- Document verification:- This step will be online for non-Karnataka students and offline for Karnataka students and NRI quota students. Then you must download the verification slip and obtain the secret key and password for option entry.
- Option Entry in KEA Counselling:- When you participate in KEA counseling, it is essential to prioritize Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences as your first preference. You should also fill in as many options as possible and prioritize the colleges you enter to increase your chances of getting a seat. However, it is crucial to conduct thorough research on the quality of the colleges you choose to ensure that you get the best available options. KEA will conduct 4-5 rounds, depending on the availability of seats in their colleges.
- KEA Counselling Seat Allotment:- Seats will be allocated to candidates based on their NEET rank, preferred choices, category, and availability of seats.
- Post Allotment Procedure:- Once you have been allotted a seat in a college through KEA counselling, it is important to download the allotment letter from the State portal. After that, you must report to the college within the designated time limit, carry the original documents with you, and pay the fee to complete the admission process. Additionally, you can inquire about the commencement date of the classes to make sure that you join the college on time.
- Students are required to pay a refundable security deposit of 1 lakh for the MopUp round, which can later be adjusted against the allotted college fees.
- In the last round, such as the stray vacancy round or extended stray vacancy, you have to deposit the DD of the entire fee in advance through KEA. After that, the option entry portal will be enabled to do option entry. So it is suggested to carry DD of different denominations.
- Passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as mandatory subjects.
- Obtained a score of at least 50% in the qualifying examination.
- Qualified in the NEET examination.
- A recognized MBBS degree.
- Completed a compulsory rotating internship.
- Qualified in the NEET-PG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Postgraduate) examination.
- Your 10th standard (or equivalent) mark sheet and certificate.
- Your 12th standard/PUC (or equivalent) mark sheet and certificate.
- Your UG degree certificate (for MD/MS programs).
- Your transfer certificate.
- Your conduct certificate.
- Your migration certificate.
- Your entrance exam scorecard.
- An identity proof document.
- Passport-size photographs.
- A category certificate (if applicable).
- A domicile certificate (if applicable).
- A medical fitness certificate.
- Payment receipts.
Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences Courses Offered
|4.5 + 1 year internship
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery)
The MBBS undergraduate program is designed for those who aspire to become medical professionals, such as doctors. It is one of the most prestigious and sought-after professions in India. The program provides students with a solid foundation in medical sciences, clinical practices, and healthcare ethics. The MBBS program combines academic knowledge with practical experiences. Lectures, laboratory sessions, clinical placements, and rotations in various hospital departments are all included in the curriculum.
MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Master of Surgery)
Both MD and MS degrees have a good reputation and offer medical professionals a range of career advancement opportunities. The choice between pursuing an MD or an MS will depend on an individual’s interests and career objectives. The MD degree provides a deeper understanding of medical specializations and patient care, while the MS degree focuses on surgical techniques and methods.
Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences Gulbarga Fee Structure
Khaja Bandanawaz Institute of Medical Sciences fees for MBBS are given below:
- Private category
The remaining subjects with different fees:-
|M.S. General Surgery
- NRI Category
|M.D. General Medicine
|M.D. Radio Diagnosis
|M.S. Obstetrics and Gynecology
Placement and Scope
Unlike other sectors, the Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences does not have a structured campus placement mechanism for its graduates. After completing the MBBS program and internship, graduates must pass license exams from the relevant national medical agencies. After obtaining their medical license, individuals have the option to work as general practitioners or specialists in public or private facilities.
Graduates of medical schools are required to complete a one-year rotating internship. During this period, they work as interns in various hospital departments, gaining practical experience and providing patient care while under strict supervision. This internship is crucial as it equips students with the skills and information necessary to succeed as doctors. The MBBS curriculum requires dedication, hard work, and a genuine passion for medicine. After successfully completing this course, a variety of clinical and non-clinical work opportunities become available.
Review and Recognition
Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences in Gulbarga enjoys a respectable reputation in Karnataka’s medical education scene. Ranked among the state’s top medical colleges and boasting a strong alumni network, KBNIMS offers a decent education with modern infrastructure and ample clinical exposure.
This Faculty of Medical Sciences is recognized by:
- The National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Khaja Bandanawaz University.
It is known for producing competent healthcare professionals who can contribute to the field of healthcare on a global scale.
On Campus Facilities
- Academic facilities:- They are designed to provide students with a conducive environment for learning and research. These facilities include lecture halls, classrooms, laboratories, and libraries.
- Health Care Facilities:- They include a hospital and laboratories where students can gain practical experience in patient care. These resources give students a place to put their theoretical understanding into practice.
- Auditorium:- It is a space designed for large gatherings such as lectures, seminars, conferences, and cultural events. Academic presentations, professional guest lectures, and other significant events are held in the auditorium.
- Sports facilities:- The college has a designated sports field that allows students to keep themselves physically fit and promotes team building, which becomes essential once they start working professionally.
- Address:- Khaja Bandanawaz University Campus, Rauza-i Buzurg, KALABURAGI – 585104.
- Distance from:-
- Airport:- Kalaburagi Airport is 15 km from Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences.
- Railway station:- Kalaburagi Railway Station is 5.7 km from the college.
- Bus station:- MSK Mill Area, Kalaburagi Bus stand is 6.2 km from the college.
Get in touch with our counselors to clarify your doubts about the college. Don’t forget to check out are article on List of Medical colleges in Karnataka.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Which university is Khaja Banda Nawaz Medical College affiliated with?
A: Khaja Banda Nawaz Medical College is affiliated with Khaja Bandanawaz University.
Q2: How much are Khaja Bandanawaz University fees for MBBS?
A: INR 1,44,246 is the government category fee, INR 16,30,715 is the fee for MBBS under the private category, and INR 32,15,750 is the fee for the NRI category for MBBS.
Q3: Is Khaja Bandanawaz University a private or government university?
A: The Khaja Bandanawaz University is a private university.
Q4: Does Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences have hostel facilities?
A: Yes, separate hostels are available for both genders at this college.
Q5: Is the hospital under Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of medical sciences good?
A: The hospital under the institute is well-equipped and has state-of-the-art facilities for patient care.
Q6: How old is Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences?
A: The institute is over 22 years old.
Q7: Who is the founder of Khaja Banda Nawaz University?
A: Dr. Khusro Hussaini is the founder of this university.
Q8: What is the student intake for the MBBS course at the college annually?
A: 150 seats are available each year for the MBBS program at the college.
Note to the reader
We sincerely hope that you found this post informative. Share your thoughts in the comments section below. We value your questions and would be happy to engage in a meaningful conversation with you. Thank you for taking the time to read our article.