Hello there! Finding the best dental college with the best faculties and facilities is not an easy task. So today I have come up with an article to make it easier for you guys. Read more to know about one of the Best Dental Colleges in India, Maitri College of Dentistry Durg. If you are looking for a good dental college in the state of Chhattisgarh, you should scroll down and check out the details.
Table of Contents
- Maitri College of Dentistry Durg Overview
- Maitri College of Dentistry Durg Admission
- Maitri College of Dentistry Durg Courses Offered
- Maitri College of Dentistry Durg Fees Structure
- Job Opportunities And Scope
- Ranking And Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Maitri College of Dentistry Durg Overview
Maitri College of Dentistry Durg was established in the year 2004. The college is situated in Anjora, the outskirts of Durg city. This institute is one of the most prestigious Dental Colleges in India. Maitri College of Dentistry Durg is run by the Maitri Education Society, recognized by the Ministry of Health & Family welfare. Which is a non-profit organization formed by a group of young visionaries, intending to promote quality education.
|Name||Maitri College of Dentistry and Research Centre|
|Address||Old G. E. Road, Dist Durg, GE Rd, Anjora, Chhattisgarh 491001|
|Affiliated to||Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences, Ayush & Health Sciences University Chhattisgarh|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full-time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
Standardizing the quality of dental education is the main vision. The college has wholeheartedly set up the most modern infrastructure and facilities to achieve it.
The mission of Maitri College of Dentistry Durg is to serve the society and nation by providing quality education and thus, quality professions. To achieve this goal, the institution has aimed to give the state a full-fledged ultra-modern dental college through advanced modern dentistry.
Why choose Maitri College of Dentistry Durg?
The Society members and the faculties work together so hard to provide the young dental aspirants with the career they dream of. The 3:1 student-to-teacher ratio here makes it easier to groom the students into disciplined, dedicated professionals. The institute has always made sure that its students and faculties excel in academics, clinical skills and research works as well.
The college has the best state-of-the-art facilities and highly efficient faculties from all across the country. This college is spread across almost 13 acres of land. The serene ambience and perfect weather make this college just apt to achieve advanced academic and clinical knowledge. The college not only aims to provide knowledge and skills to the students but also to grow wisdom and humanity in them.
The college has delivered a special approach to learning techniques which will help its students to grow their educational and clinical skills. Maitri College of Dentistry Durg has the best infrastructure with the most modern types of equipment. To upgrade the skills and knowledge of the students and the faculties, workshops and dental programs are often conducted here. Above all, the great number of patient inflow gives the students more opportunities to get better at clinical work.
Maitri College of Dentistry Durg Admission
Maitri College of Dentistry Durg follows the guidelines provided by C.G. Ayush and Health Science University. Kindly read the procedure before applying.
For the Diploma (Dental Mechanics & Dental Hygienist)
- Register on the college website.
- Fill out the application form providing every document.
- The college will release a merit list. This merit list will have the name of the students who are applying for the course.
- Once you are selected, you might have to go to the college for further procedure.
- The students who wish to attend the entrance exam must register on the official college website.
- Fill out the application form by providing every detail and the documents required.
- You have to pay an application fee and submit the application.
- The college will release the admit card on its website.
- You have to download the admit card from the college.
- Once the date is fixed the candidate must attend the entrance examination.
- After the entrance result is out, the college will release the cut-off mark.
- Once you have passed the examination, you have to go for counselling or document verification.
- Once the verification is over, you can get admitted to the college.
- The candidate must attend the NEET-UG entrance examination.
- The candidate should score above the cut-off marks.
- The NEET counselling is scheduled by the Chhattisgarh Directorate of Medical Education (CGDME).
- All students must register on the state council’s official website for counselling.
- Counselling will be conducted on many levels.
- After all the rounds, you will get admitted to the college for the course you choose.
- The applicants should attend and qualify for the NEET-PG Entrance exam.
- DME will conduct the compulsory NEET counselling.
- Counselling is arranged on many levels.
- It is based on the marks you have scored for the NEET examination.
- You will get admission to the college after attending all the counselling rounds.
For both the Diplomas (Dental Mechanics & Dental Hygienist)
- The students should have completed SSLC and 12th standard from any recognised educational board.
- The admission can be based on entrance or merit-based.
- The cut-off percentage changes according to the institutions.
- The student must score at least 45 per cent for the subjects, physics, chemistry and biology.
- The candidate should be a minimum of 17 years old by the time of admission.
- The candidate should not exceed the age of 25 during the admission.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- The candidate should be a minimum of 17 years by the time of allotment.
- You should successfully pass classes 10th and 12th std.
- The exams should be attended by any recognized Higher/Senior secondary school.
- You must score at least 50 per cent in the subjects biology, physics, chemistry, and English separately.
- The candidate must attend and qualify for the entrance examination NEET-UG.
- Counselling The candidate should attend all the counselling rounds.
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
- The candidate must be at least 21 years old by the time of admission.
- The candidate must score at least 50 per cent for BDS.
- The college must be recognized by the Dental council of India (DCI).
- It is required to attend and Qualify for the NEET- MDS entrance exam.
- After completing the bachelor’s degree, the candidate must register with the Dental Council of India / State Dental Council.
- The candidate should complete the rotatory internship after the final examination.
- It must be completed by March 31st of the year in which the candidate seeks allotment.
For the Diplomas (Dental Mechanics & Dental Hygienist)
- Marks sheet of SSLC.
- Marks sheet of 12th std.
- Transfer certificate from the previous institution.
- Conduct certificate.
- Migration certificate (Only for out-of-state applicants).
- Aadhar Card Or Any Identity proof.
- Identity proof of Parent Or Guardian.
- Community certificate, if applicable.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Marks sheet of Tenth standard.
- Marks sheet of Twelveth standard.
- NEET – UG Marks card.
- Transfer certificate.
- Conduct certificate.
- Migration certificate (For out-of-state nominees).
- Physical fitness certificate.
- Aadhar Card or Any Identity proof.
- Community certificate (if needed).
Master of Dental Surgery
- Scorecard of Tenth standard.
- Scorecard of Twelveth standard.
- NEET – UG score card.
- Transfer certificate from the institution you completed BDS from.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Migration certificate (For out-of-state students).
- Physical fitness certificate.
- Aadhar Card Or Any Identity proof.
- Community certificate, if needed.
- BDS Provisional certificate.
- BDS Registration certificate.
Maitri College of Dentistry Durg Courses Offered
Diploma in Dental Mechanics
The Diploma in Dental Mechanics program helps the student to pursue a career as a dental technician. This is a two-year course. The students will be trained mainly in areas like partial and full dentures, Dental technology, Fixed bridges and Operating dental pieces of equipment. This training will help the students to improve their skills in creating and designing dental ceramics.
Diploma in Dental Hygienist
A Diploma in Dental Hygienist is a two-year programme. Students who aspire to become dental hygienists should choose this course. This diploma will train you in certain areas like oral hygiene, dental, radiography, preventive dentistry, periodontal treatment, restorations and extraction of debt etc. The training will help the student to examine, diagnose, and take treatments related to mouth, injuries or diseases.
Bachelor of dental surgery (BDS)
If you wish to choose your career in dentistry, the Bachelor of Dental Surgery is the only undergraduate program recognised by the Dental Council of India. In the medical field if not MBBS students often choose BDS. In this course, the students are taught about the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of dental problems. The radius degree is a five-year course. Out of which, four years are academic education and one year is a compulsory rotatory internship. Once you have completed, the course, you can work as a dentist.
Departments in Chhattisgarh Dental College:
- Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
- Department of Periodontology.
- Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology.
- Oral Medicine & Radiology.
- Public Health Dentistry.
- Oral & Maxillofacial surgery.
- Department of Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge.
- Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
- Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry.
- Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- General Pathology and Microbiology.
- General Surgery.
- General Human Anatomy.
- Physiology & Biochemistry.
- General Medicine.
Master of dental surgery (MDS)
The Master of Dental Surgery is the highest level of Professional study which gains knowledge and skill in dentistry. The students will be trained to diagnose and treat All the problems associated with oral and dental ailments. This master’s degree is of three years. However, with any PG diploma, you can complete the course in two years duration.
In Maitri College of Dentistry Durg, MDS is open for the following branches:
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
- Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry.
- Oral Medicine and Radiology.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology.
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge.
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
Maitri College of Dentistry Durg Fees Structure
Tuition Fees for Diploma in Dental Mechanics
Tuition Fees for Diploma in Dental Hygienist
Tuition Fees For For BDS
Tuition Fees For MDS
- The total fees for the course are divided into yearly payments.
- The fees for the diploma courses are divided into two settlements, BDS into 5 settlements, and MDS into three settlements.
- Along with the annual fees, there will be other added fees as well.
- This includes the hostel fee, canteen fee, material fee, caution fees, and the fees scheduled by the university for the exams, sports etc.
- The caution fee is refundable. After the course completion, you can collect the amount from the office.
- The correct fees structure for the above courses or not available at the moment. To know about the fee structure, contact the college. I will be providing the contact details of the college in the below section.
Job Opportunities And Scope
Dentistry is a field which is growing day by day in today’s society. Not just oral health but also the cosmetic industry has given huge importance to dentistry. Hence, Finding a career once you complete the course is not a big deal. However, the job depends on the degree you have completed.
After Diploma in Dental Mechanics
- Once you have completed the diploma in dental mechanics, you can find jobs in areas such as hospitals, dental colleges or private dental labs. You can get a job as a dental mechanic, dental technician or as a lab assistant.
- A dental mechanic will have to handle the laboratory work. This job will let you design and repair different types of dental needs such as artificial teeth, bridges, works, crowning and other dentures.
- As a lab assistant, you will assist the lab technicians in conducting experiments, sterilising the pieces of equipment, stocking, and cleaning up the lab supplies etc.
- If you wish to go for higher studies, you can choose a Bachelor of Dental Mechanics or even a Bachelor of Dental Surgery.
- The Bachelor of Dental Mechanics will train you to design and fabricate intra-oral appliances. Whereas a Bachelor of Dental Surgery will train you in dental science and surgeries.
Diploma in Dental Hygienist
- After pursuing a diploma in dental hygienist, you will get to choose job profiles such as dental, hygienist, dental laboratory technician, dental assistant etc.
- Dental hygienists will die, organise and treat the patients who have oral health issues. Polishing, scaling, and whitening teeth are a few of the main responsibilities.
- A dental assistant will assist the senior dentist in diagnosing any oral issues.
- Preparing the instrumentation, scheduling appointments and providing counselling for the patients regarding the treatment will be their main duty.
- Private practice: BDS graduates can set up their dental practice or join an existing practice. They can offer a range of dental services, including preventive, restorative, and cosmetic procedures.
- Hospitals: BDS graduates can work in hospitals as dental surgeons, providing dental care to patients as part of a multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- Public health clinics: BDS graduates can work in public health clinics, providing dental care to underserved populations.
- Specialization: BDS graduates can pursue postgraduate studies to specialize in a particular area of dentistry, such as orthodontics, periodontics, or oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Teaching and research: BDS graduates can pursue academic careers in dental schools and universities, teaching dental students and conducting research in a particular area of dentistry.
- Industry: BDS graduates can also work in the dental industry, developing and marketing dental products, or providing consulting services to dental practices.
- In addition to these options, BDS graduates may also choose to pursue further studies, such as a Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) program or a Ph.D. in a related field.
Ranking And Recognitions
- Maitri College of Dentistry Durg is recognised by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare & Dental Council of India (DCI).
- Maitri College of Dentistry Durg is affiliated with Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur and Chhattisgarh Ayush & Health Science University, Raipur.
It is very important to provide a safe place for accommodation, For the students who stay away from their homes. The college has made sure the students have all the facilities they need. The hostel is separate for boys and girls. Both AC and non-AC rooms are available here. The rooms have attached bathrooms but the rooms should be shared with two or three students.
All the rooms in the hostel have perfect ventilation and lighting. Furniture like wardrobes, dressing, tables, study, tables, shelves to keep their belongings, and bookshelves are installed in every room.
There is a small kiosk, so the students can buy basic stationary items. Full-time security and ambulance service are maintained without fail. the students can use the spacious study room after their classes. Indoor and outdoor game areas are accessible All the time. Moreover, Uninterrupted Wi-Fi and power supply are provided 24×7.
The Maitri College of Dentistry Durg has provided a separate building for the accommodation of the teaching and non-teaching faculties. All the rooms have attached bathrooms. TV area, study room and indoor and outdoor game area are available here.
The college has a huge library which is filled with many study materials which cover all subjects in dentistry and other medical areas. You can find plenty of Textbooks, international and national journals, educational CDs, previous year question papers etc Here. Lecture videos were uploaded regularly during the time of Covid. Which is still accessible to the students for future reference.
The library is installed with numerous computers so the students can use their time to research and learn about more things outside class hours as well. Other basic facilities like scanners, Photostat machines, kiosks etc are also available here.
Maitri College of Dentistry Durg gives much importance to extracurricular activities. The college understands that it is very important to support their students in their activities to freshen up their minds from their busy schedules. Annual day celebrations, sports day, freshers’ day, graduation ceremonies, programmes, convocation programmes, and other special occasions, are mostly celebrated here. Such recreational activities will help the students to keep up with their energy.
Any sort of disturbance whether it be psychological, cultural, social or academic is considered ragging. A special committee with student representatives and teachers is formed in Maitri College of Dentistry Durg to make sure no such things happen on the campus.
Anti-ragging programmes are conducted every year for the freshers. This is to make them understand their rights and security. If in case any student has to face any such disturbances, the committee will make sure the guilty will be punished accordingly.
The Maitri Education Society also follows government schemes to help poor patients by providing them with dental medical facilities. The institution often conducts free camps for people who cannot afford them. People from all across the village visit the camp without fail.
These camps will in turn help the students to improve their practical knowledge. Every week they organise Free cams and dental checkups. Free medicine and treatment are provided to the needy by the Education Society.
The student-faculty ratio is three to one in this college. All the faculties are well achieved in their area of expertise. The faculties make sure that they efficiently use the available resources to teach the students and help them to explore the resources. Every subject is taught rationally and practically.
The teaching and non-teaching faculties help the students to improve their practice as well as academic skills. They also encourage the students to carry on individual research to help them explore more about modern dentistry.
Several ATMs are there on campus. It will make banking for faculties and students easier.
The canteen provides healthy and delicious vegetarian food for the students and the faculties. packed foods, snacks, soft drinks, fresh juice, etc are also available in the Canteen.
The college is situated in a very easily accessible place. However, for the day scholars and faculties who come to the college from a distant place, the college is providing transportation facilities. Pick up and drop off are provided from any place within the city. The institution has several buses for this purpose.
The main goal of an alumni network is to make a bond between the past and present students of the college. The experience and the views of the ex-students will support the young dental aspirants throughout their journey to achieve their dream careers.
College Contact Details
- Address: Old G. E. Road, Dist Durg, GE Rd, Anjora, Chhattisgarh, 491001.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Website: http://www.mcdrc.org.in/.
Distance between the Maitri College of Dentistry Durg and the nearest transportation hub:
- Raipur Airport: 55 Km.
- Durg Railway station: 10 Km.
- Durg Bus station: 9.6 Km.
- Anjora Bus station: 1.6 km.
It is not an easy task to find which college to choose, as we have plenty of good Dental colleges in India. We should choose the right college which will provide untiring efforts and dedication towards their students. College life is the best years of a student’s life which we will cherish forever. Therefore, the college should support you not only in academics but also in your campus life and extracurricular activities. The college is one of the best colleges in Chhattisgarh.
I really hope the details I have provided in this article will be useful to you in some way. Use these details to compare the other colleges. And choose the college which is suitable for you. If you have any doubts regarding the details I have provided above, feel free to contact us. You can comment below. And I will reply to you ASAP. You can even email us or call us. I will be really happy if I can be a part of your successful journey in pursuing your career. good luck.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Maitri College of Dentistry located?
Maitri College of Dentistry is located in Anojora, Chhattisgarh.
2. What are the courses available at Maitri College of Dentistry Durg?
Maitri College of Dentistry Durg offers Diploma in Dental Mechanics, Diploma in Dental Hygienist, BDS and MDS.
3. Is NEET mandatory in Maitri College of Dentistry Durg?
Yes, the candidate should qualify for the NEET-UG or NEET-PG examination to get admission to Maitri College of Dentistry Durg.
4. What is the duration of Diploma in Dental Hygienist?
The course duration for Diploma in Dental Hygienist is two years.
5. Is Maitri College of Dentistry Durg a private or a government?
The Maitri College of Dentistry Durg is a private college.
6. How to get MDS admission in Maitri College of Dentistry Durg?
The candidate must appear and qualify for the NEET-PG exam. And attend the counselling by the state counselling.
7. Does Maitri College of Dentistry Durg have an anti-ragging cell?
Yes, Maitri College of Dentistry Durg is very protective of its students. They make sure no rules are violated on campus.
8. Does Maitri College of Dentistry Durg has a placement cell?
Yes, Maitri College of Dentistry Durg has an efficient placement cell. The college has tie-ups with several institutions which will help their students secure a job.
9. What is the minimum salary of a Dental Technician?
The starting salary of a Dental Technician will vary between Rs.15,000 to Rs.25,000.
To our readers,
If you are a student kindly share your views about the college. It will help other young dental aspirants to compare colleges. And make it easier for them to choose their perfect college. Also, if you have any information which isn’t mentioned above, feel free to comment in the section below. Thanks in advance.