Hey people, I would take out a second to thank you for reading our articles regarding dental colleges in India. As we all live in a world advancing every day, there is a new change now and then. In this speeding world matching the international standards of infrastructure can be challenging to meet, some dental colleges like the Malla Reddy Dental College Hyderabad are working towards the goal with utmost priority. And to help you with some of these dedicated institutes is our way of honouring them. We are here to provide you with all the information about the admission process, eligibility requirements, and much more. Let’s dig in before it’s too late!
Table of Contents
- Malla Reddy Dental College Overview
- Admission at MRIDS
- Courses and Departments
- Fees Structure
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Ranking & Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Malla Reddy Dental College Overview
|Name||Malla Reddy Institute of dental sciences (MRIDS), Hyderabad.|
|Address||Venkataramana Colony, Suraram, Hyderabad, Telangana|
|Affiliated to||Kaloji Narayan Rao University of Health Sciences.|
|Approved by||Dental council of India|
|Establishment by||Shri Malla Reddy|
|Study mode||Full-time, Regular|
MRIDS is an institute that provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the field of dental sciences and was established under the supervision of Chandrama Educational Society. The university is located in the beautiful rural setting of Suraram which is located in the Ranga Reddy district of Hyderabad.
The hospital of the institute serves a large population in rural areas by instituting awareness camps led by dental professionals. The students also get first-hand experience while treating the patients there.
The institute is working with the vision of taking education and dental healthcare to every section of society. Creating world-class dentists and coming up with different ideas to make the process less expensive and affordable for people of varied economic backgrounds serves the noble cause of providing their services for all.
The institute is working towards creating loving, professional, and responsible dentists. Maintaining high standards of discipline with service to humanity with dedication and love is the utmost priority of the institute.
MRIDS is working towards creating a dependable workforce to enhance the production of brilliant dental professionals. They are leading their mission to help serve with utmost dedication to bring beautiful smiles to practically every rural and urban household.
With rural awareness camps, students are made to learn humbleness and down-to-earth simplicity in their attitudes. With a learner-centric education provided by the institute, the students can excel and push their limits to reach excellence.
- The institute charges nominal fees from the students as compared to the fees of other private colleges.
- The students are provided with a top-class library with national and international books.
- The students are benefited because of the campus hospital. The college hospital guarantees a 100% placement rate when it comes to the mandatory internship programme.
- The faculty of the institute is well trained and highly educated in their respective fields.
- The classrooms are air-conditioned and a smart class facility is provided to the students.
- The laboratories are well equipped as per the guidance of the dental council of India for the students to practice with.
Why Choose Malla Reddy Dental College?
Malla Reddy Dental College Hyderabad is taking steps towards the development of the institute by giving brilliant professionals to the world. The institute is also providing genuine facilities to the patients of the rural areas located near the institute. Following are some of the reasons why you should opt for Malla Reddy institute.
- World-class Library
The library of the campus is made with all the modern facilities keeping in mind the needs of the students of today’s world. The books are upgraded and the students are allowed to fully utilise the resources of the library. The library is air conditioned and proper seating is provided for students to concentrate and study with all their power.
The institute believes in providing the best of the best to their students and thus the faculty of the institute is well trained and experts in their fields. The teachers in the institute are trained to provide up-to-date technical and theoretical knowledge.
- On-campus Hospital
The hospital constructed inside the campus is built in such a manner that it serves facilities to many people living near the campus as it is the only hospital in that area. The hospital provides medical facilities to both students and patients. And is also beneficial for students as it provides students with practical knowledge of treatments and situation handling.
The classrooms in the Malla Reddy Dental College Hyderabad are smart classes and are air-conditioned, and the atmosphere of the classrooms is student-friendly. Audio-visual aids are also provided for students for the betterment of the students.
A laboratory is constructed for every department separately in the institute. The laboratories are well equipped for the students to understand the concepts practically. The laboratories are constructed with all the needed equipment for students to practice as guided by their expert faculty.
Admission at MRIDS
- Candidates who meet the requirements and have passed the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) should apply in the proper format, which may be obtained from the college website or picked up in person from the office.
- Candidates should make it clear that they are applying for a seat under the NRI Quota.
- If the applicant for admission is confirmed to be eligible under the applied category, they will be supposed to pay their fees and visit the institution on the scheduled date and time to appear for a personal interview before the selection/counselling board.
- The presentation and authentic verification of all appropriate documents will be required for the selection of candidates in all categories.
- The application for admission is to be filled out and submitted to the college office.
- The college administration will carefully examine the form submitted by the applicant and the NEET score of the applicant will be checked thoroughly.
- A merit list with the candidates’ names listed in order of merit will be prepared and posted on the official website of the college and the notice board of the college.
- If the name of the candidate is on the merit list released by the college, the candidate is given a date and time to be present before the selection/counselling board. For the personal interview.
- The students are bound to appear in front of the counselling cell and no delays or excuses are entertained.
- The students selected for the counselling are supposed to be present in the office three hours before the time given to them.
- The students are supposed to come with all original documents and the tuition fee charged for the course. The students with documents will be permitted to appear in front of the interviewer.
- The college interview/counselling board will examine the candidates’ applications and supporting documentation to their overall merit.
- A final list of applicants chosen for admission under the management quota will be created and posted on the official website and notice board.
- This final merit list will be forwarded to KNRUHS for review and approval.
- Candidates will be admitted to the college as per the list released by the KNRUHS.
Bachelors of Dental Sciences (BDS)
BDS is a course provided by the university for which certain eligibility and documents are needed.
Eligibility for BDS
- The applicants must be citizens of India and meet the requirements for local and non-local status as outlined in the Telangana Educational Institutions.
- Candidates must be of the maximum age of 21 on July 1 of the relevant academic year and must have reached the age of 17 on or before the 31st of December of the admissions year.
- The applicant must have completed a 10+2 examination with a recognised board and the Candidates must have scored at least 50% in their science classes.
- Scorecard of NEET.
- Admit Card of NEET.
- 10th Marksheet as Date of Birth Proof.
- Marksheet of 12th Standard.
- Migration and Transfer Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- 6 Passport size photos.
- Provisional allotment letter of MCC which is generated online.
- Migration Certificate from the previous college that the candidate attended.
- Conduct certificate from the previous college that the candidate attended.
- Community Certificate (if applicable).
- Income Certificate (if applicable).
- Any Identity Card (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport, or Driver’s Licence).
Masters of Dental Sciences (MDS)
MDS is a course provided by the university for which certain eligibility and documents are required to be met.
Eligibility for MDS
- The candidate must have received an overall grade point average of at least 50%.
- All applicants who completed the two-year PG Diploma in Dental Surgery are also qualified because the Dental Council of India accredited it.
- Birth certificate or academic report of class 10.
- Photo identification (passport, PAN card, driver’s licence, voter ID, and Aadhaar card).
- Caste Certificate (if applicable, SC, ST, or OBC).
- The medical board certificate of disability (if applicable).
- Marksheets for every year of the BDS program.
- Scorecard and Admit Card for NEET MDS.
- Certificate of Completion of Internship.
Courses and Departments
Malla Reddy Dental College Hyderabad offers the following courses:
|BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)||100 Seats||4 years + 1-year compulsory internship|
|MDS (Master of Dental Surgery)||12 Seats (divided into different departments)||3 years|
MDS Specialty and Intake
|Conservative dentistry and endodontics||3 seats|
|Prosthodontics and crown and bridge||2 seats|
|Orthodontics and dentofacial orthopaedics||2 seats|
|Oral and maxillofacial surgery||3 seats|
MDS Specialty Overview
|Conservative dentistry and endodontics||
|Prosthodontics and crown and bridge||
|Orthodontics and dentofacial orthopaedics||
|Oral and maxillofacial surgery||
Following are the departments that create the curriculum for the BDS and MDS programmes as per the guidelines set by DCI.
- Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology.
- Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Oral Implantology.
- Department of Periodontology and Oral Implantology.
- Department of Conservative, Endodontics and Aesthetic dentistry.
- Department of Prosthodontics and Crown Bridge.
- Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry.
- Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics.
- Department of Public Health Dentistry and Preventive Dentistry.
- Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology.
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||Oral Medicine and radiology is the department in the institute that provides students with the specialities of diagnosis and medical management of complex diagnostic and medical disorders affecting the mouth and jaws. Radiology is the part which deals with the use of conventional and advanced imaging methods. This department provides students with specialisation in medicine and radiology.|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Oral Implantology||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Oral Implantology is a branch of the institute which provides the students with developed implantation skills. The institute provides specialisation to the students who are eligible for the same.|
|Periodontology and Oral Implantology||The Department of Periodontology and Oral Implantology is the branch of dentistry in which the students are taught to make the structure that holds the tooth in place. It can be done both naturally and artificially.|
|Conservative, Endodontics and Aesthetic Dentistry||The Department of Conservative, Endodontics and Aesthetic Dentistry is one of the most required departments of dentistry and deals with the most common problems of today’s life such as the conservation of the tooth. This department works to increase the lifespan of the teeth inside the mouth.|
|Prosthodontics and Crown Bridge||The Department of Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge is the department that deals with the diagnosis and planning of the treatment scheme to cure various oral conditions.|
|Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry is the branch of dentistry that deals with children and their dentistry-related problems.|
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics||The Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics is the branch of dentistry that is concerned with the treatment of malocclusions and dentofacial diseases. The main objective of this department is patient care and satisfaction.|
|Public Health Dentistry and Preventive Dentistry||The Department of Dentistry Public Health Dentistry and Preventive Dentistry deals with the science and art of preventing and controlling dental devices.|
|Oral Pathology and Microbiology||The Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology is the department that deals with the nature, characteristics, cause, effect and diagnosis of the disease.|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||–|
|Master of Dental Surgery||–|
The Malla Reddy Dental College Hyderabad fee structure is not defined and the fees are charged as per the decision of the authorities of the institute that are liable to change every few years. They usually give out information regarding the fee structure at the time of admission. The fee amount is set according to Telangana’s Admission & Fee Regulatory Committee (TAFRC).
Placements & Career Opportunities
The Malla Reddy institute of dental sciences also has a placement policy. This course of BDS is opted for by science students after 10+2 once their secondary education is completed. Once the students are done with their bachelor’s degree in dental sciences from Malla Reddy institute of dental sciences they can opt for the following career options:
- Research Expert
In this world where technology plays a very crucial role, every department needs to get updated as per the needs of the world. The same thing goes with the dental sciences field. There are many new treatment techniques and medicines that are introduced to the world. The medicine and technologies must go through the trial and error method before mass production. To conduct such experiments and research methodology, companies are always looking out for BDS and MDS students.
- Government Opportunities
As there is an increase in dental diseases, the need for dentists is also increasing worldwide. Hence, you can work as a dentist in any private or government-certified hospital. With government jobs, there are many perks such as pension facilities and paid leaves.
- Opportunities Abroad
The need for doctors and dentists never decreases whether it is in India or in foreign countries. A dentist is needed all over the world. This can further be utilised by a dentist as they can settle abroad and open their private clinic there.
Lecturers are needed in every university whether it is govt. Or private the need for a lecturer for tech students can never be fulfilled by any source. This increases the opportunity for students with their bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- Clinical practice
The clinical practice of BDS can be done on a private basis as well. The students done with their education can open their private clinics and run them at their convenience. The clinics can be opened anywhere as per the owner’s need.
Ranking & Recognitions
The students usually prefer having a classroom that is effective and student-friendly, so that the studying environment is maintained. The classrooms of the institute are air-conditioned and well developed as per the needs of the students. The library of the institute is well furnished with an excellent sitting area and a large number of books available.
Malla Reddy Dental college Hyderabad has an on-campus hospital serving many people living around in remote areas. The students participate in camps and treatment camps hosted by the institute. The institute has high ratings as they serve their students with all these facilities in a minimum amount of fees as compared to other dental colleges. Malla Reddy Institute of dental sciences can thus be said to be the best private institute in terms of finances.
With its rapid growth in the education industry, the college is going to mark its presence sooner among the Best BDS Colleges in India.
On-Campus Facilities offered
The college can be said to be the best private dental college in terms of fees as the fees charged by the institute are very less when compared to other medical institutes. Despite fees being less, the facilities provided by them are immense. Following are the facilities they offer.
The library of the institute is well maintained and air-conditioned, providing students with all the needed books and study materials. The library can be said to be the best library because of its ambience and availability of books.
- On-campus Hospital
The hospital established inside the campus provides medical facilities to all the people living around in that area as it is the only hospital in that area. It also provides practical knowledge to its students.
- Anti-ragging Community
An anti-ragging community is established on the campus to protect students from ragging and other mental or physical harm caused by other students on the campus. Strict actions are taken against the students found violating the norms of the anti-ragging community.
The faculty of the institute is well trained and comprises qualified and experienced teaching professionals. The institute runs with the aim of providing brilliant dental professionals and thus provides world-class faculty for them to work on their goals.
- Medical Facility
The medical facility is provided to the students on the campus as the campus is built with a campus hospital serving several people with its immense facilities.
- Well-furnished Classroom
Classrooms of the institute are well furnished and air-conditioned creating a proper study environment for their students. The classrooms are built in such a way that they provide students to concentrate on their studies with a green view outside the classroom.
College Contact Details
Address: GCVJ+9Q3, Venkatarama Colony, Suraram, Hyderabad, Telangana 500055.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: 9100189797.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the address of the Malla Reddy Institute of dental sciences?
The address is Venkatarama Colony, Suraram, Hyderabad, Telangana.
2. How many seats are allotted to the students applying for the BDS course?
100 seats are allotted to the students applying for the BDS course from Malla Reddy institute of dental sciences.
3. Does the college have an in-campus hostel for boys and girls?
No, the college does not provide hostel accommodation to its students.
4. What are the fees for the BDS course in the institute?
There are no pre-decided fees charged by the students in the institute. The fee is decided according to Telangana's Admission & Fee Regulatory Committee (TAFRC). A nominal amount of fees is charged from the students.
5. Does the institute provide an MDS course as well?
Yes, the institute provides masters in dental sciences courses with many specialisations in the institute.
6. Does the institute have a uniform?
Yes, the students in the institute are supposed to wear the uniform as per the decision of the institute.
7. Is the institute private or government?
Yes, the institute is private and is approved by the dental council of India.
8. To which university the institute is affiliated?
The institute is affiliated with Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences.
Are you looking for another dental college? If yes, follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
Just a Moment:
If you like my post then please put down a review in the comment box below about your views on Malla Reddy Dental College Hyderabad being an alumnus of a student pursuing a degree from the college. You can also share your views as a reader. This can help the upcoming dental aspirants in their careers and education.
2 thoughts on “Malla Reddy Dental College Hyderabad Admissions, Fees, Courses”
I am an NRI. I will sponsor my daughter who passed CBSE 12th after clearing a compartment paper in Maths. She has written NEET exam and expecting only 200-250 marks. Is there any rule which says that NRI quota cannot be claimed if 12 th exam is passed after clearing compartment mode?. Please clarify Sir.
No, i am not aware of any such rule which restricts the student from taking admission.