In the ever-evolving landscape of healthcare, medical colleges play an important role. One such medical college is Mysore Medical College and Research Institute, which stands as a beacon of medical knowledge.
It is more than just an academic institution; it is a sanctuary of learning where science and empathy converge to shape the future of healthcare.
Table of Contents
Mysore Medical College and Research Institute Overview
It is the oldest medical college in Karnataka, with its establishment year being 1924. The college has been approved by NMC which is the country’s regulatory body when it comes to medical colleges.
The college has a Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences affiliation and is a well-reputed college that delivers excellent medical education.
It has various departments, laboratories, and committees that ensure that the student receives the best possible education as well as personal development.
|Mysore Medical College and Research Institute
|Irwin Road, next to Railway Station, Mysuru, Karnataka-570001.
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
|Boys and Girls
To serve as a hub for medical education, research, and treatment with a strong social impact.
- To provide the community with comprehensive, cost-effective, high-quality healthcare services.
- To promote students’ acquisition of entrepreneurial qualities, innovative thinking, and fresh approaches to improving regional, national, and global capacities.
Why Choose Mysore Medical College and Research Institute?
A few of the many benefits of selecting Mysore Medical College are listed below:
- Infrastructure:- The campus is equipped with contemporary, cutting-edge infrastructure that is intended to promote learning, research, and innovation.
- Student Welfare Committees:- These groups are essential in addressing the many needs and worries of students and promoting a welcoming and inclusive campus community. The anti-ragging committee and the Gender Harassment committee are two of them.
- Education of the Highest Caliber:- The school, which strives for greatness, is committed to giving students the information and skills they need to succeed in the future.
- Associated Hospitals:- Practical learning opportunities for students to develop their patient care skills. There are multiple hospitals associated with the college. KR Hospital is one of them.
Mysore Medical College and Research Institute Admission
In this section of the article you will learn about all the information you need to apply to Mysore Medical College. Here you will find details about the intake capacity, admissions process and eligibility requirements for this medical college.
- Qualify NEET:- To be eligible for admission, it is mandatory to clear the NEET exam.
- Register for KEA or MCC Counselling:- After qualifying, you must register for KEA or MCC Counselling through their official website.
- Payment for Participation:- In order to take part in either MCC or KEA counselling, a registration fee needs to be paid. Besides, there may be a requirement for a refundable security deposit, which will be refunded automatically to the same bank account from which the payment was made initially. Alternatively, the deposit can be used to adjust the fee payment of the allotted seat after the counselling process.
- Option Entry in Counselling: You must enter your 1st preferences as Mysore Medical College and Research Institute during counselling. You can prioritize the options entered. One student can fill in as many choices as possible, giving better chances of seat allotment. However, thorough research on the colleges’ quality should be performed to get the best choices.
- Seat Allotment through Counselling:- Seats will be allotted to you based on your NEET rank, preferences, category, and seat availability.
- Post Allotment Procedure:- After you have been allotted a seat in a medical college through counselling, you must download the allotment letter from the portal. Then, you need to report to the college within the stipulated time, along with the original documents, and complete the admission formalities by paying the fee.
- Passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as mandatory subjects.
- Obtained a minimum score of 50% in the qualifying examination.
- Must have taken the NEET-UG examination.
- Possess a recognized MBBS degree.
- Completed a compulsory rotating internship.
- Taken the NEET-PG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Postgraduate) examination.
- 10th standard or equivalent mark sheet and certificate.
- 12th standard/PUC or equivalent mark sheet and certificate.
- Transfer certificate.
- MBBS degree certificate (for MD/MS).
- Conduct certificate.
- Migration certificate.
- Entrance exam scorecard.
- Identity proof.
- Passport-size photographs.
- Category certificate.
- Domicile certificate.
- Medical fitness certificate.
- Payment receipts.
Mysore Medical College Courses Offered
|4.5 + 1 year
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery)
The MBBS undergraduate program is for students who want to work in medicine as doctors or other medical professionals. It is one of the most coveted and highly regarded professions in India. Students with an MBBS degree will be well-versed in clinical procedures, medical ethics, and scientific knowledge.
The MBBS program combines classroom instruction with practical practice. The curriculum for students includes lectures, lab sessions, clinical internships, and rotations across several hospital departments. Pre-clinical, para-clinical, and clinical disciplines are all covered in the curriculum, with a subsequent emphasis on clinical experience.
MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Master of Surgery)
Medical professionals can further their careers in a variety of professions since the MD and MS degrees have respectable reputations in those fields. A person’s interests and career goals will determine whether they choose to pursue an MD or an MS; the MD focuses more on medical specialization and patient care, while the MS concentrates on surgical methods and competencies.
Mysore Medical College and Research Institute Fee Structure
Placement and Scope
In contrast to typical employment placements in other professions, Mysore Medical College, like other medical Institutes, does not have a structured campus placement mechanism. Instead, after completing the MBBS program and internship, graduates must successfully pass licensing exams from the relevant national medical authorities. Once they get their medical license, they are able to work in both public and private clinics as general practitioners or specialists.
Graduates of medical schools must undergo a one-year rotating internship. During this period, they work as interns in various hospital departments where they get practical experience and provide patient care under strict supervision. Due to the fact that it equips students with the skills and information necessary to become successful doctors, this internship is crucial.
The MBBS curriculum demands dedication, hard work, and a genuine passion for medicine. After completing this course, a number of clinical and non-clinical work opportunities become accessible.
Review and Recognition
It has consistently ranked among India’s top medical colleges, its tapestry of recognition is interwoven with NIRF top 10 rankings, “Centre of Excellence” title by ICMR, and the prestigious Dr. B.C. Roy Award. Mysore Medical College and Research Institute is associated with the reputable Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. It is recognized by:-
NMC has granted recognition to this medical college, which is the main authority in charge of regulating medical institutions in India.
The hospital associated with the college has been in the local newspapers for its various achievements. Overall the college has a good reputation among industry professionals and the local populace.
On Campus Facilities
Mysore Medical College and Research Institute has various facilities:
- Departments:- The college contains a number of departments, each with a specific area of expertise. These divisions consist of dermatology, blood banks, and anatomy, among others.
- Committee:- Students who are in need of assistance are helped by the members of the numerous committees that are present at the institution. The two that are more well-known are the anti-ragging committee and the gender harassment committee.
- Health Care Facilities:- Students can experience caring for patients at the hospital and labs there. These resources give students a context in which to put their theoretical knowledge to use.
- Medical research centers:- They are specialist organizations committed to furthering our understanding of illnesses, creating novel therapies, and enhancing healthcare as a whole.
- Address: Irwin Road, next to Railway Station, Mysuru, Karnataka 570001.
- Distance from:
- Airport: Mysore Airport is 12 km from Mysore Medical College & Research Institute.
- Railway Station: Mysore railway station is 750 m from the college.
- Bus Station: KR Hospital bus stand is 250 m from the college.
Please feel free to get in touch with us if you have any inquiries about the college. Also know about a deemed medical college in Mysore called JSS medical college.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. When was Mysore Medical College established?
A. The college was established in 1924.
Q2. What is the name of Mysore Medical College Hospital?
A. Krishna Rajendra Hospital is the name of the most prominent hospital associated with the college.
Q3. What are Mysore Medical College MBBS fees?
A. INR 59,850 is the fee for MBBS under the government category at the college.
Q4. Is Mysore Medical College NMC approved?
A. Yes, the college is NMC-approved.
Q5. What are the qualifying examinations for MBBS at Mysore Medical College?
A. NEET-UG and 10+2 examinations are the qualifying examinations required to get admission at the college.
Q6. What are the major documents required for admission in MBBS at Mysore Medical College?
A. 12th standard or equivalent mark sheet, certificate and NEET scorecard are the major documents required for admission in MBBS at the college.
Q7. Where in Karnataka is Mysore Medical College located?
A. The college is located in Mysore.
Q8. Does Mysore Medical College have a research centre facility?
A. Yes, the college has a research centre.
Note to the reader
We really hope you found the information in this article to be useful. Use the area provided below to share your thoughts and points of view. We respect your inquiries and would be delighted to have a thorough discussion with you about them. Want to explore medical colleges in karnataka? Check out our List of Medical Colleges in Karnataka.
Thank you for reading the article.