Picking a college is more than just looking at the name on the certificate. The location of a student’s school influences many aspects of their lives, from academic research to social events and beyond. Given the significance of this decision, potential students must carefully examine their possibilities. Every student’s decision may not be crystal clear to themselves, especially if they were not admitted into their best pick or faced familial pressure to attend a specific institution. Coming straight out of high school may cause a lot of uncertainty among parents and pupils about which university or course will best fit. However, making that option may appear challenging. Here are some things to think about before selecting Navodaya Dental College Raichur.
Table of Contents
- Navodaya Dental College Overview
- Admissions to Navodaya Dental College
- Courses Offered and Department
- Program Fees Structure
- Career and Placements
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- Rankings and Recognitions
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Navodaya Dental College Overview
Navodaya Dental College Raichur is among the top-ranked dental colleges in Karnataka. The college was established in 2006-07. Navodaya Dental College Raichur was founded to bolster the nation’s weakest link, the rural areas. Navodaya Dental College was established to provide learners with the best dental treatment as well as surgical skills.
The College is associated with Karnataka’s Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and is accredited by the Government of India’s Dental Council. It is one of the schools run by the Navodaya Education Trust. Its main goal is to deliver undergraduate education in dentistry.
It gives students the high-quality training that is needed in their industries. It is both a dental school and a prestigious hospital. Navodaya Dental College, one of the famous institutes of Navodaya Education Trust, Raichur, was established in 2006-2007 with an average admission of 100 students.
|College Name||Navodaya Dental College Raichur|
|Location||Mantralayam Rd, Navodaya Nagar, Raichur, Karnataka|
|Principal||Dr Girish Katti|
|Approved By||Dental Council of India|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (separate for boys and girls)|
|Affiliated With||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
To develop institutions that provide high-quality education by providing the necessary infrastructure and cutting-edge technology, to make greatness a natural motivation, and to transform Navodaya Colleges into a premier education hub.
- To establish a new standard in excellent education by a continual dedication to providing comprehensive knowledge-based solutions that support overall career enlightenment for students and workers.
- To provide quality solutions to the community in a fast and efficient manner, exceeding patient aspirations.
- To establish Navodaya Dental College Raichur as a centre of educational achievement in instruction, research, and community outreach. To create a progressive learning curve in a student-centred learning environment.
- To develop globally qualified dental surgeons capable of excelling in dental practice, community work, and research.
- To provide optimal dental health care solutions to the community’s poor population and teach students moral and ethical principles to create a caring and kind society.
Why Choose Navodaya Dental College?
Here are some fascinating facts about this university that may entice you to enrol:
- The Institution provides a diverse choice of courses in an excellent learning environment. It provides every cutting-edge instrument required to educate children.
- Teachers can easily view the students in the newly constructed classrooms.
- Pupils will have no problems with the curriculum because it supports the growth of technical skills.
- The Centre for Green Projects was founded in the College as an active organization engaged with environmental preservation to raise awareness and foster environmental protection at both the individual and community levels.
- The Centre’s goal is to foster a climate that encourages discussion, action, and input on environmental concerns among teachers, pupils, and the general public.
- The College Council establishes the College’s corporate and technical direction and guarantees that they remain faithful to its beliefs and responsibilities.
- They discuss the college’s intentions and activities with peers in their area, as well as their colleagues’ feedback, perspectives, and ideas.
- The College Council reacts to concerns referred to by the Board and enforces the urgency to hold meetings with the Board whenever they believe that a particular issue requires further discussion.
- This counselling program aims to educate students as competent, ethical, and contributing citizens.
- The program is intended to assist all students in developing their academic, social, psychological, economic, and character qualities.
- There is a dedication to maximizing individual individuality and human capacity. Students will develop the attitudes, information, aptitudes, and abilities necessary for effective studying in College and throughout their lives.
Faculty and Staff
- This College has a fair percentage of well-trained and highly knowledgeable faculty members who are well-equipped with modern technologies.
- They also offer a sufficient quantity of non-technical employees to foster a self-learning environment for students.
- Faculty members are approachable and devoted to their pupils. More emphasis on patient care, associated treatment, and the upholding of ethical norms are imparted by the faculty members. Newer learning methods and techniques are also brought to notice.
- They are accountable for contributing to and maintaining the quality of medical training at Navodaya Dental College Raichur as faculty employees.
Zero Tolerance Towards Ragging
Many individuals still regard ragging as a way to familiarise themselves with their peers for young college-bound pupils, even though it has claimed the lives of hundreds of innocent individuals and damaged the lives of thousands of clever people over the years. The College encourages the anti-ragging initiatives of its students.
Admissions to Navodaya Dental College
The admission method for the requisite courses at Navodaya Dental College Raichur is outlined below. The Candidate requested that the instructions be followed. Programmes at Navodaya Dental College include the following undergraduate and postgraduate courses along with their duration and admission capacity.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Duration: 5 Years
Eligibility Criteria for BDS
- Candidates may be accepted for the first year if they have finished the Pre-University Board of Karnataka’s two-year Pre-University Examination with P.C.B. as optional subjects.
- S.C. and S.T. students will obtain a 10% relaxation in the marks required for enrollment.
- At the board test or any other exam recognized as equivalent by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, not less than 50 per cent of the marks acquired in P.C.B. are viewed together.
- The Candidate should be at least 17 years old at the time of registration.
Those selected for admission must produce the following papers in their original formats when asking for admission:
- A P.U.C. and 10+2 equivalent grade card.
- Identification in the form of a copy of the SSLC or equivalent exam grades.
- Evidence of RGHUS qualification if you are from another nation or country.
- A transcript from a previous university or College.
- A migration document if you studied outside of Karnataka.
The steps for filling out an application form are outlined below.
- Admission candidates can view the NEET-UG 2022 Registration Forms.
- Visit the official NEET site at https://ntaneet.nic.in.
- Apply online using a personal email address and mobile phone number that you or your family have.
- Fill out the online registration form and note Application No.
- You must submit scanned versions of the person’s current passport photo.
- While getting a scanned copy of your current passport-size photo, ensure that the face must be the focal point.
- Pay the amount using a debit card, credit card, internet banking, and U.P.I. and safely preserve the proof of payment for further use. If the verification screen is not generated after paying the fee, this indicates the fact that the transaction is refused, and the money is refunded to the person’s bank. The applicant should make another fee transaction if the Confirmation Page is not completed.
Karnataka NEET 2022 Counselling
Applicants who intend to engage in online counselling must enrol on the KEA’s official site. Candidates can access Karnataka NEET 2022 Counselling material that is available in a PDF file format.
Karnataka NEET Counselling Process
- Step 1.
Login and Registration: Whenever Karnataka NEET counselling is available, candidates can access it by clicking on the link given on this page. After selecting the ‘online counselling’ choice, applicants must provide their NEET score, roll number, and registration form registration number.
- Step 2.
Preference Filling Process: The internet Karnataka NEET counselling option filling process will appear on the screen. A list of universities will be provided, including the College, college code, location, programs, and district name.
- Step 3.
Save your choices: After correctly choosing and Preference, enter the information you want and click the save button. An OTP will be given to the registered phone number, which you must type in the given space before clicking the ‘confirm’ option. After the specified time of Karnataka counselling, the options will be immediately locked.
Eligibility Criteria for MDS
According to the MDS Course Rules released by the DCI with prior approval from MoHFW, the below are the prerequisites for NEET MDS 2022:
- The Candidate must be over the age of 20.
- Applicants must have a DCI-approved Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree.
- The Candidate must be a member of the S.D.C. or the Dental Council of India, either permanently or conditionally (DCI).
- The Candidate must have completed a 12-month rotatory internship.
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3|
|Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge||2|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology||3|
|Public Health Dentistry||3|
|Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||3|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||3|
Documents Required for MDS
The flow chart below provides brief but crucial details about the counselling process for candidates enrolling at Navodaya Dental College Raichur.
Applicants of the MDS programme must provide the following paperwork in original for confirmation during enrollment. Furthermore, they should submit one attested copy pair of the following documents during counselling.
- NEET MDS 2022 report card
- NEET MDS 2022 Hall Ticket
- Report card of BDS 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-year exams
- BDS Degree Credentials
- Permanent and provisional certificate supplied by DCI/Dental Council
- Internship completion qualification approved by the Head of the Institution
- Valid Federal Identity proofs
- SC/ST/OBC certification, if necessary
Courses Offered and Department
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Navodaya Dental College & Hospital provides a four-year BDS program accredited by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Bangalore and recognized by the DCI. The BDS programme lasts four years, including one year of internship.
- Must understand the scientific ideas needed to provide high-quality oral health treatment.
- Be aware of and follow the regulations and guidelines governing the dental profession. To deliver high-quality oral health services through the practice of evidence-based dentistry.
- To acquire skills for lifelong learning, such as reading, communication, and critical reasoning.
- To practice dentistry with competence and ethics.
- To encourage graduate students’ participation in and excitement for dental research.
- To tell the difference between healthy and diseased oral and dental tissues.
- Selecting and seeking relevant, up-to-date information, suggestions, and treatment procedures from appropriate scientific knowledge sources.
This section will inform you about the Navodaya Dental College reviews BDS Curriculum. Let us have a look.
|First Year||General and Dental Anatomy|
|General and Oral Histology|
|Human Physiology (General)|
|Second Year||Microbiology and General Pathology|
|Dental and General Pharmacology & Therapeutics|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge (Pre-clinical)|
|Conservative Dentistry (Pre-clinical)|
|Third Year||General Surgery|
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics.|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge.|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics.|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.|
|Paediatric & Preventive Dentistry.|
|Fourth Year||Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry|
|Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge|
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Public Health Dentistry|
Master of Dental Surgery
The Master of Dental Surgery programme is a 3-year programme that requires BDS graduates to choose or prefer a specialisation course. The Navodaya Dental College provides students with ten specialisation courses.
- It focuses on oral and dental sanitation, anatomy, issues, cure, protection, treatment, and rehabilitation.
- It is designed to provide an in-depth understanding of detailed themes connected to oral and dental health and cleanliness.
- Higher dentistry education is a desirable career choice in a nation like India, where mouth issues and illnesses are a constant source of concern. It includes topics of community and global health, in addition to kids. Because of the intricate nature of the research, this significant field of study involves various specialities.
- Candidates should select from a list of specializations based on their preferences. They will focus their future studies solely on this speciality.
- Prosthodontics is a broad discipline of dentistry that deals with replacing oral and maxillofacial components.
- The postgraduate program began in 2011-12, with two places available each year.
- The Department is in charge of clinical work such as complete denture manufacturing, overdenture manufacturing, full mouth rehabilitation, and maxillofacial rehabilitation.
- The Department of Oral Pathology is engaged in the training and instruction of undergraduate and postgraduate pathology graduates to prepare students to reach worldwide competency.
- The Department’s faculty and employees are actively engaged in research and academic operations, with numerous papers in international and national magazines, guest speakers, and scientific papers on various platforms.
- Dental caries is the most common ailment in India’s human population. Left untreated can lead to painful disorders such as pulpitis and periapical abscess.
- The treatment ranges from simple operations such as carious tooth repair to more advanced procedures such as root canal therapy and related surgical techniques.
- A specialised technique taught in this branch of dental sciences is Apicectomy. Furthermore, the coursework briefs on easing symptoms while maintaining the standard shape and function of the tooth. To give such therapies, one must be knowledgeable and skilled.
- The Department of public health dentistry strives to enhance people’s dental health through preventive treatments and train third and fourth-year BDS students.
- The department library has enough books and periodicals to meet the DCI’s requirements; the total number of publications accessible in the department library is eleven titles and fourteen books.
- The Department provides internet access to both personnel and students.
- Orthodontics is a dental speciality that focuses on diagnosing, treating, and correcting misaligned teeth and jaws. It may also concentrate on changing facial growth, known as dentofacial orthopaedics.
- Teeth and jaw misalignment is prevalent; about 30% of the public has malocclusions serious enough to profit from orthodontic treatment.
- Therapy can range from a few weeks to a few years and includes using dental braces or other tools to move the teeth and jaws gradually.
- Jaw surgery may be utilized if the malocclusion is severe. Because bones may move more readily in kids, therapy usually begins before they reach adulthood.
- An advanced surgical speciality concerned with the evaluation and surgical treatment of diseases, accidents, and deformities covering the entire range of dental and jaw disorders.
- It also includes the treatment of Orofacial crises.
Program Fees Structure
Below are the details regarding the Navodaya Dental College Raichur fee structure
|Programme||Fees/ year (INR)|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||–|
|Master of Dental Surgery||(Refer to the following table)|
MDS Specialties Fees
|Specialization||Fees (Govt. Quota)||Fees (Private Quota)|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||Rs. 3,72,576||Rs. 6,20,676|
|Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge||–||Rs. 6,20,676|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology||Rs. 3,72,576||Rs. 6,20,676|
|Conservative Dentistry||Rs. 3,72,576||Rs. 6,20,676|
|Public Health Dentistry||–||Rs. 6,20,676|
|Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||Rs. 3,72,576||Rs. 6,20,676|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||Rs. 3,72,576||Rs. 6,20,676|
MDS Fees (NRI Quota)
|Specialization||Fees (NRI Quota)|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||Rs. 10,15,500|
|Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge||–|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology||–|
|Conservative Dentistry||Rs. 15,15,500|
|Public Health Dentistry||–|
|Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||–|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||–|
Career and Placements
- Improve the intern’s dental knowledge and develop clinical competencies.
- Gain confidence in their abilities and abilities. Improve your communication skills.
- Enhance your professionalism.
- Improve your scientific research skills.
- Enhance dental projects performed by volunteers and members of the community.
- A dentist with clinical experience can enrol in food and dietetics programs at leading universities worldwide. You can work as a dietitian in reputable hospitals.
- The government and corporate sectors are looking for candidates with master’s degrees in public health.
- M.P.H. after BDS is a similar career path for dentistry to M.B.A. The ability to relocate overseas is the main draw of this vocation.
- A dentist with clinical experience can enrol in nutrition and dietetics programs at leading universities worldwide.
- You can also work as a dietitian in reputable hospitals.
- The government and corporate sectors are looking for candidates with master’s degrees in public health.
- M.P.H. after BDS is a similar career path for dentists to M.B.A. The ability to relocate overseas is the main draw of this vocation.
Top Recruiters and Sectors
- Indian Council of Medical Research
- Dental clinics
- Private and public health centres
- Pharmaceutical companies
On-Campus Facilities Offered
- The food court kitchen is outfitted with necessary cooking equipment and an air exhaust system.
- The food court’s atmosphere is lively, with food concepts, colourful decor, lounging zones, a park, and a 350-seat outdoor public amphitheatre.
- Three tuck stores in the Food Court space building serve fresh juices, tea, a range of snacks, and bread items.
- The food court also harbours Axis Bank ATMs to benefit Navodaya students and staff.
- There is also a party hall on the first level of the food court for minor parties and get-togethers.
- The hostels provide a comfortable and sanitary salubrious atmosphere, a feel-good environment, and all facilities for living, eating, and leisure that make each prisoner feel at home.
- They create an ideal environment for mental stimulation and healthy growth.
- There are 5 boy’s dormitories and 4 girl’s dormitories in the medical centre, housing around 4000 students.
- The freshly built, cutting-edge Central Library is a source of pride for Navodaya and vital to the institute’s outstanding research and education goal.
- It is a shining location on campus that provides a safe, pleasant, and welcoming environment for studying and knowledge development, as well as new learning and exploration.
- The Institution provides both indoor and outdoor athletic facilities.
- The college offers well-planned and well-designed sport-specific parks to accommodate a variety of outdoor games like cricket, basketball, athletic tracks, and so on.
- A complete set of sporting equipment is also available.
- A specifically developed indoor field and a highly specialized gymnasium are also associated with the Navodaya Dental College.
Rankings and Recognitions
Navodaya Dental College Raichur is one of the famous institutes of Navodaya Education Trust, Raichur, was established in 2006-2007 with an annual enrolment of 100 students.
- It is accredited by the Rajiv Gandhi College of Dental Sciences.
- NAAC also accredits it under the A category.
College Contact Details
Address: Mantralayam Rd, Raichur City, Karnataka.
- Email ID: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Numbers: +91-08532-223448, +91-08532-223449.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many students are accepted into the BDS program by Navodaya Dental College Raichur?
The program has a maximum enrollment of 60 students.
2. Does the hospital provide internship opportunities?
Yes, internships are available at their hospital.
3. Is there hostel housing available?
They do, indeed, provide facilities for on-campus housing.
4. How do we enrol in the campus's BDS program?
You must first complete the NEET test with a passing mark before enrolling to Institution to enrol in the BDS program. To be admitted to this elite College, applicants must perform well on the NEET exam.
5. Are there any facilities for students?
They provide students with access to world-class amenities, including libraries, theatres, hostels, cafeterias, labs, clinics, and health centres.
6. How long will the course last?
The complete course length is 5 years, with the first two years covering the fundamental biological and material aspects of dentistry. Clinical training is provided in future years under the supervision and direction of faculty. The course curriculum is delivered through exciting lectures.
7. What exactly is the scope of BDS?
Anyone with a BDS from a DCI-accredited institute can start a private practice or enter a group practice. MDS degrees can be obtained in any dental discipline for further specialization. Forensic odontology, global health, and hospital administration studies can also be pursued to find work in relevant fields.
8. What is the duration of BDS and MDS courses?
BDS course takes nearly five years of academic commitment. For the MDS course, the same requires a commitment of three years.
Want to check out another dental college? Click and follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A Small Ask:
We all have faced a dearth of legit information back in our college days. Our organisations and team of counsellors are trying to bridge that gap. To further our noble cause, we request you to head over to our comments section and drop a comment that briefs about your experience of being associated with Navodaya Dental College Raichur. We will be grateful for your insights.