Hi! Welcome to my blog! You must have been in search of dental colleges after finishing school, right? Hunting for college is usually a hectic and cumbersome process for the students and their families. Among so many colleges across the country to choose from, it often becomes an overwhelming process. We understand the importance of selecting the right college because it’s the first step toward success in the student’s career. We are dedicated to simplifying the process of college hunting and making it less stressful and more enjoyable. So if you’re planning to make a career in dentistry then consider reading it till the end because here we will be discussing PMNM Dental College Bagalkot, one of the best dental colleges in Karnataka.
Table of Contents
- PMNM Dental College Overview
- Admissions to PMNM Dental College
- Dentistry Courses Offered
- PMNM Dental College & Hospital Departments
- Program Fee Structure
- Careers and Placements
- PMNM Dental College & Hospital Ranking
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
PMNM Dental College Overview
PMNM Dental College Bagalkot is located in the Karnataka state of India. It was established in the year 1987 with a vision of providing excellent education with outstanding infrastructure and facilities to the students of the college. It is a private institution accredited by the Dental Council of India (DCI), New Delhi, Government of India.
The college has experienced faculty and well-equipped laboratories for all branches of dentistry. Spanning over an area of 1,84,310 sq. ft., the college has ample space to accommodate its undergraduate(UG) as well as postgraduate (PG) students. It mainly has 10 departments across the dental stream which will be discussed later in the article.
College Key Highlights
|Name||PM Nadagouda Memorial Dental College & Hospital Bagalkot|
|Address||PMNM Dental College & Hospital Navanagar, Bagalkot|
|Affiliated To||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Recognised by||Dental Council of India|
|Principal||Dr Shreenvas S. Vanaki|
|Hostel||Both girls and boys|
Mission: The college is focused on rearing quality education and award-winning patient care. Furthermore, the institute is honed towards developing proper oral healthcare facilities for rural masses and the less privileged.
Vision: The institute looks forward to endowing each pupil of the college with the perfect skills and high ethical background for providing commendable service to the people of the nation in both urban and rural settings as dental healthcare professionals.
Why Choose PMNM Dental College?
PMNM Dental College Bagalkot has earned its reputation among other dental colleges for its outstanding infrastructure and approach to education while providing numerous on-campus facilities to its students which makes it stand out from other dental colleges.
Some of the features of the college have been listed below.
Advanced Infrastructure and Facilities.
- The college is built upon a huge area of 1,84,310 sq. ft encompassing all the facilities on campus like spacious and comfortable hostels for girls and boys, magnificent libraries consisting of extensive study materials, and highly advanced laboratories with modern equipment for its students.
- It has ample space to accommodate all its undergraduate as well as postgraduate students.
- The college hosts a lot of extracurricular activities such as various cultural and sports activities in its wide expanse which sees huge participation from students of all the branches.
Innovative Education System.
- The college has adopted an innovative system of education where they focus more on learning and practising concepts learned in classrooms rather than only paying importance to memorise notes and securing good grades in exams.
- The college has a team of experienced faculties who have worked as professionals in the field of dentistry for years.
- They are not only excellent teachers but also share their valuable experiences with them.
- The faculties are extremely supportive and are always ready to help the students with any problem they may face.
Safe Environment for Students
- The college is dedicated to ensuring a safe and peaceful environment for its students where they can study and enjoy themselves without any unnecessary hindrances.
- The college is always working towards improving students’ safety on campus and has strict policies against any activities which can cause trauma to its students.
- The college has zero tolerance for ragging and those involved in it. It has an anti-ragging cell consisting of the Principal, Chief Warde warden of the boys and girls hostel, individual class representatives, and senior faculties of the college.
- The cell creates awareness about such punishable activities by regularly conducting meetings and seminars with the students.
- Any such behaviour which is directed towards harassing juniors or freshers in any manner is strictly prohibited and condemned.
Admissions to PMNM Dental College
The college has admissions in two programs namely, Bachelor of Dental Surgery( BDS) and Master of Dental Surgery(MDS).
- Duration: Five years.
- Intake Capacity: 100 seats.
Eligibility Criteria – BDS
- The candidate must be at least 17 years of age and at most 25 years of age at the time of admission to BDS.
- The candidate should have passed their 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks with Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- As well as passing each of these subjects individually, the candidate must have earned at least a 50% score in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- Candidates belonging to the ST, SC, and OBC categories must have achieved at least a 40% grade in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English, as well as passing grades in each of these categories separately.
- The candidate must take entrance exams like NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) conducted by the central government for admission into MBBS and BDS programs.
- The candidate must clear the cut-off of the public or private college he/she is willing to join.
- The candidate is then required to sit for the counselling round of their chosen college.
Documents Required for BDS Admission
- 10th-grade mark sheet (for date of birth).
- Class 12 mark sheet.
- ID proof (passport, driving license, Aadhar, and PAN card).
- Temporary allocation letter.
- Caste certificate.
- PwD certificate.
- NEET exam admits card and Rank Card.
- Duration: Three years.
- Intake Capacity: 23.
Eligibility Criteria – MDS
- The candidate should be at least 21 years of age at the time of admission to MDS.
- The candidate should have pursued an undergraduate degree in either BDS or equivalent courses in dental care governed by the Dental Council of India from a recognized dental university.
- For the candidates belonging to the general category, the minimum BDS score is 50%, and for the candidates belonging to the ST/SC/OBC categories, it is 40%.
- The NEET percentile for the candidates in the physically challenged categories must be at least 45th, the NEET percentile for the candidates in the reserved categories must be at least 40th, and the NEET percentile for the candidates in the unreserved categories must be at least 50th.
- The candidate must take entrance exams like NEET-MDS and AICTE (All India Council For Technical Education)conducted by the central government.
- The candidate must clear the cut-off of the public or private college he/she is willing to join.
- The candidate is then required to sit for the counselling round of their chosen college.
Documents Required for MDS Admission
- NEET MDS-Score Card and Admit Card.
- BDS 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-year examination mark sheets.
- BDS Degree Certificate.
- 10th-grade certificate.
- Government identity proofs.
- Certificate of physical impairment (if needed).
- SC/ST/OBC certificate (if needed).
MDS Specialties – Intake Breakdown
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||2|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||4|
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||5|
|Oral Pathology and Microbiology||3|
- With the concerned authority releasing the merit list of the BDS and MDS entrance tests, the names of the qualified candidates will be announced. Post this, counselling sessions will be held shortly after the issuance of the merit list.
- The Ayush Admission Central Counselling Committee conducts the counselling sessions and routines for All India Quota (AIQ) seats for government institutions whereas AIQ seats for private institutions are conducted by government designated authority. State government seat counselling is performed by the counselling authority of the State government.
- Students participate in these counselling sessions and get admitted into the college that they rightfully qualify for.
Dentistry Courses Offered
The college offers two programs namely, Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) and Master of Dental Surgery (MDS).
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
BDS is one of the most sought-after programs in India after MBBS for those who want to make a career in dental surgery. BDS is a 5-year undergraduate program with 4 years of theory and 1 year of mandatory training. Anyone who wants to make a career in dental sciences can pursue BDS. There is no specialization in BDS. The student goes through various paradigms of dental care in this four-year undergraduate program.
- The curriculum of the BDS program is divided into different semesters spread across 4 years of theory.
- The curriculum is designed keeping in mind the structure of the syllabus and the course of the subject.
- BDS aims to provide the students with the scientific principles of dentistry and give them a thorough understanding of the various relevant scientific methods, and the fundamentals of biological operation.
- The students are made capable to evaluate and analyse a variety of facts and data from a scientific perspective.
Skills Gained by BDS Graduates After the Completion of the Programme
- At the end of BDS, the students can efficiently diagnose the treatment of a variety of common dental problems that arise in general dentistry while simultaneously being aware of the needs of society and its right to the finest dental care possible.
- The students acquire the knowledge to perform a variety of dental surgical treatments and other operations in dentistry and also learn about measures on how to prevent and manage dental difficulties if they occur in the future.
Master of Dental Surgery
MDS is a 2-year postgraduate program. The students attempting an MDS programme need to choose a preferred line of specialisation to pursue. Only the ones who have either pursued BDS or any other equivalent course in dental care from a university recognized and approved by the Dental Council of India (DCI) can pursue MDS. MDS has mainly 8 specializations out of which a dental care graduate can choose one to specialize in while pursuing their master’s degree.
- The MDS program is for three years and the students have to choose any of the specializations for completing their master’s degree.
- MDS program aims to make the students understand the various fundamental sciences that are significant to the field of their specialization.
- The students are taught to have an altruistic approach toward a patient’s social, economic, environmental, and emotional parameters and consider themes while planning the treatment.
Skills Gained by MDS Graduates After the Completion of the Programme
- At the end of MDS, the students can achieve proficiency by acquiring the necessary skills and abilities in the numerous procedures needed for the speciality.
Specializations Under MDS
- Oral Medicine and Radiology.
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Oral Pathology and Microbiology.
- Oral Implantology.
- Oral Implantology is a critical course that takes an interdisciplinary approach to dental implants and the conditions leading up to such treatments.
- All the vital aspects concerning implant dentistry are taught. To be more precise, the course covers every aspect of diagnosis and restorative treatment planning and everything that happens in between. All teachings related to surgical and treatment planning are delivered during the entirety of the course.
- The candidate requires a legit BDS degree to opt for this certificate course. He/she should be able to submit their degree certificate along with the transcripts to avail of admission to this course.
- This certificate course needs an academic commitment of a year.
- Aesthetic Dentistry.
- Aesthetic Dentistry requires the students to pursue a noble approach to make a real difference in people’s lives. Aesthetic restoration of dental structures to transform people’s faces back to normalcy is taught in this course.
- This course typically lasts for a duration of six months.
- The candidate does not need to meet any eligibility criteria concerning a dental sciences background.
PMNM Dental College & Hospital Departments
|Oral Medicine Diagnosis and Radiology||
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||
|Oral Pathology and Microbiology||
|Public Health Dentistry||
Program Fee Structure
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||–|
|Master of Dental Surgery||(Refer to the next table below)|
MDS Fee – Govt. & Priv. Quota
|Specialisation||Fees (Govt. Quota)||Fees (Priv. Quota)|
|Oral Surgery||Rs. 3,72,576||Rs. 6,20,676|
|Oral Medicine||Rs. 3,72,576||Rs. 6,20,676|
|Periodontics||Rs. 3,72,576||Rs. 6,20,676|
|Orthodontics||Rs. 3,72,576||Rs. 6,20,676|
|Paedodontics||Rs. 3,72,576||Rs. 6,20,676|
|Conservative Dentistry||Rs. 3,72,576||Rs. 6,20,676|
|Prosthodontics||Rs. 3,72,576||Rs. 6,20,676|
|Oral Pathology||–||Rs. 6,20,676|
MDS Fee – NRI Quota & Others
|Specialisation||Fees (NRI Quota)||Fees (Others Quota)|
|Oral Surgery||Rs. 13,11,675||Rs. 13,11,675|
|Conservative Dentistry||Rs. 13,18,550||Rs. 13,18,550|
The fees of the college for the BDS and MDS courses are not fixed and are subject to yearly changes. Hence, it is recommended to check once with the admission department of the college for the latest fee structure of the various courses.
Education loans: Education loans are extremely helpful as they cover all the expenses of the student’s education at a lower rate of interest. The student can always pay off the loan once he/she has graduated from college and has secured a good job.
Scholarships: You can always inquire about this at the admission department of the college. Usually, colleges have scholarship schemes for students who are excellent in academics. However, each college has its scholarship plans.
We recommend you to inquire in the college if you face any doubts or you can always feel free to contact us if you are confused. Our team is quick enough to take action and provide you with the relevant information.
Careers and Placements
Job Opportunities for BDS Grads
The student has to go through an internship in the last semester of his BDS program. After the internship is over, he/she is awarded a BDS degree.
- BDS graduates who possess a degree with honours are eligible to set up their dental clinic.
- BDS graduates are eligible to work as clinical researchers whose job is to evaluate medical devices and study the effectiveness of the medications.
- BDS graduates can become a member of dental faculty and can work as a professor in dental colleges if they have the required qualifications and a passion for teaching.
- BDS graduates can also apply for jobs at government hospitals by clearing government entrance exams.
Job Opportunities for MDS Grads
- MDS graduates can choose to work in private or government hospitals.
- MDS graduates can also work as dental college professors and make a career in teaching if they have the required qualifications for that.
- MDS graduates can also secure government jobs at the Indian Council of Medical Research, State, Hospitals, AIIMS, or work in Public Health Centers.
- MDS graduates can also work as dental hygienists or dental assistants.
- MAX Healthcare.
- Care Hospitals.
- Fortis Healthcare.
- Apollo Hospitals.
- Government and private healthcare clinics.
- Pharmaceutical research scientist.
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||Master of Dental Surgery|
Training and Placement
- Every college has its dedicated training and placement cell which assists students during placement activities at college.
- Their main objective is to prepare the students for the upcoming placement drives by working on their resume skills, soft skills, aptitude skills, and so on because it is better to prepare beforehand than prepare at the last moment.
- There are two kinds of placement drives- on-campus drives and off-campus drives.
- The companies or organizations that visit campus for placements are a part of on-campus placement drives.
- The companies or organizations that do not visit campus for placements but have job openings for any final year student from any college form a part of on-campus placement drives.
It is recommended to contact college graduates to get an insight into the placement activities in the college and get an idea of the average and highest package offered to its students. The average job package is 4 Lakhs per annum (LPA) while the highest package can vary from year to year.
PMNM Dental College & Hospital Ranking
PMNM Dental College Bagalkot have has been ranked as one of the best dental colleges in Karnataka state.
- It is a private institution accredited by the Dental Council of India(DCI), New Delhi, Government of India.
- Furthermore, it is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
- PMNM Dental College Bagalkot boasts a magnificent library spanning a wide area.
- It is located on the ground floor of the institute and houses hundreds of study materials related to respective course structures.
- It has subscriptions to 40 national and international journals which are regularly updated and 53 online Journals.
- The library is provided with internet and wifi facilities and has a well-maintained digital section that has a huge database of all the online journals and publications.
- It has two separate areas for undergraduate as well as postgraduate students.
- PMNM Dental College Bagalkot provides separate hostel facilities for both boys and girls.
- The hostels are spacious, clean, and comfortable with all the amenities provided for the students.
- Each hostel room is provided with beds, cupboards, and study tables with all the basic amenities required by the students.
- Each hostel has a warden who is responsible for the safety of the students.
- Efforts are being made to make hostels safer and more comfortable to ensure a calm environment where students can study peacefully.
- PMNM Dental College Bagalkot has a cafeteria which provides tasty and hygienic food.
- A cafeteria is a place for enjoyment and relaxation for the students.
- The food is prepared with utmost care to ensure maximum nutrition.
- The cafeteria has various dishes and cuisines to tingle the taste buds of the students.
- PMNM Dental College Bagalkot also provides gym facilities to its students on campus.
- The gym is equipped with various gym equipment and types of machinery that students can use to keep their bodies fit and in shape.
- The college not only gives importance to academic excellence but also to extra-curricular activities for the overall development of the students.
- There are various cultural as well as sports club in the college which are heavily encouraged by college authorities and sees active participation from students from all the branches.
- It has facilities for many sports such as football, volleyball, badminton, cricket, etc.
- The college has well-maintained laboratories equipped with advanced equipment dedicated to providing students with hands-on experience and strengthening their concepts.
- It is managed by well-trained lab technicians and faculties.
- PMNM Dental College Bagalkot provides first-aid facilities to students in case of a medical emergency.
- The college provides transport facilities to students and staff members.
College Contact Details
Address: PMNMDental College & Hospital Navanagar, Bagalkot, Karnataka
- Contact No.: 08354-236485, 236487.
- Email: email@example.com.
College hunting is a hectic and cumbersome process and we understand this. Choosing the right college is often an overwhelming decision for both the students and their guardians. There are a lot of factors that need to be looked at before enrolling in a college such as the facilities they provide, the study environment over there, the placement record of the college, and so on. In these critical times, one needs the right kind of information to successfully assess colleges and make the right decision.
We are aware of the stress that students face during this phase. Therefore, we are dedicated to providing you with the right details so that you have an easy time enrolling in the college of your choice. Do not hesitate to reach out to us to avail our services and the entire process of college hunting to be less stressful and more enjoyable.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is PMNMDental College & Hospital, Bagalkot government or private?
It is a private college.
2. What courses are offered at the PMNMDental College & Hospital, Bagalkot?
The courses offered by the college are BDS and MDS in Dental Science. Certificate courses such as Oral Implantology and Aesthetic Dentistry are also conducted by the institute.
3. Is there an accommodation facility at the PMNMDental College & Hospital, Bagalkot?
Yes, the college provides separate hostel facilities for both boys and girls.
4. How is the environment at PMNMDental College & Hospital?
The environment at the college is safe, peaceful, and secure for the students with all the required amenities provided by the college authorities.
5. What are the facilities provided at PMNMDental College & Hospital?
There are various facilities provided at the college such as hostels, gyms, canteen, libraries, sports, auditoriums, transportation, and medical facilities.
6. Is there an anti-ragging policy at PMNMDental College & Hospital?
The college has zero tolerance for ragging or any illicit behaviour which is directed toward harassing the students. It has formulated strict policies against it and has serious punishments for such offenders.
7. How many BDS Seats are available in PMNMDental College & Hospital?
The college has 100 seats reserved for BDS Students.
8. How many MDS seats are available in PMNMDental College & Hospital?
The college has 23 seats reserved for MDS Students.
If you wish to check out another dental college, you can just click and follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A Small Ask:
We tried to provide you with all the information that our team could have mustered in this blog. Still, there is always a scope for improvement and a chance of some information being left by us. Hence, if you were associated with PMNMDental College & Hospital, do consider commenting in the comments section on any piece of information that you would like our upcoming dentists to know. Thank you!