Hi everyone! I’d like to extend a warm welcome to my blogs about dental schools. Knowing that you love my blogs and are spreading the word about them to your circle of family and friends makes me very happy. I recognize that you must now choose the path and institution that are best for you. At each stage of the admissions process, our staff of qualified guidance specialists will help you. Let me now elaborate a little more on SB Patil Dental College.
Table of Contents
- SB Patil Dental College Bidar Overview
- SB Patil Dental College Bidar Admission
- SB Patil Dental College Bidar Courses Offered
- SB Patil Dental College Bidar Fees Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Rankings and Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
SB Patil Dental College Bidar Overview
SB Patil Dental College, Bidar was founded in 1991 to give the residents of Bidar access to high-quality dental treatment and high-quality education. It was established under the guidance of Dr Suryakanth G Patil by Somanath Education Trust. This college has produced around 900 B.D.S graduates who are now serving across various parts of the world.
With a spacious garden, lecture halls, library, hostel facilities, and mess facilities, SB Patil Dental College has it all for convenient campus life. Situated on Humnabad-Bidar Road, NaubadBidar in the state of Karnataka, it is one of the reputed institutes of the place.
|SB Patil Dental College
|Near showroom premises of Bharat Ford, Bir Humnabad Naubad, Bidar District, Karnataka
|Dr Palola Manoranjan
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
|Dental Council of India
|Both Girls and Boys
The vibrant and determined faculty, well-equipped infrastructure, and a whopping 11 departments cater to students’ knowledge quest, shaping them into brilliant dentists with ethical values. This college is the first choice of every dentistry aspirant and is one of the Best BDS Colleges in India.
The faculty at SB Patil are highly qualified with many publications to their name. SB Patil Dental College promotes not just academic merit but also extracurricular activities with facilities like an indoor badminton hall and a fitness center. Administrators of the college include Dr. Suryakanth G Patil as the Chairman and Dr Palola Manoranjan as the Principal.
Mission: SB Patil Dental College was founded to fulfill the dream of the late Dr. Galangalappa Patil the institute strives for…
“Developing a top-ranked dental institute delivering good dental graduates and postgraduates to cater to the dental needs of society with their skills and knowledge.
Vision: SB Patil Dental College promises excellence in dental service to mankind and crafts excellent dental medical practitioners out of their students.
Why Choose SB Patil Dental College Bidar?
- Ragging-Free Environment:
Following the Supreme Court orders, SB Patil Dental College Bidar provides a zero-tolerance for ragging environment to ensure the safety of students. The college implements all anti-ragging regulations of the Dental Council of India. The students are provided with an anti-ragging booklet of the DCI regulation (2009) along with the phone numbers of the anti-ragging committee and squad.
With an advanced infrastructure that helps in acquiring practical skills and also renders to the needs of rural patients simultaneously, SB Patil dental college serves its mission and vision alike. The equipment available is helpful in histopathology experiments, TMJ surgeries, biopsies, and other dental treatments.
- Highly Qualified Faculty
The faculty at SB Patil Dental College are resilient individuals striving to help students relentlessly thus helping in shaping their future as the best dentist in the country. They provide theory lectures, practical sessions, and clinical discussion classes at each department.
SB Patil Dental College Bidar Admission
To train students in best dental practices SB Dental college offers 40 seats for courses of B.D.S and 10 seats for courses of M.D.S.
As you can see there is a crisis of information concerning SB Patil Dental College admission requirements. Either you can visit and talk to a representative from the college administration or you may reach out to us for more information regarding the admission requirements and process at SB Patil Dental College. Our well-equipped team would provide all the information in this regard.
SB Patil Dental College Bidar Courses Offered
SB Patil Dental College, Bidar is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru, Karnataka, and is recognised by the Dental Council of India. The college offers the following courses which provide a great learning experience to the students who wish to join the branch of dentistry.
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.)
|Master of Dental Surgery (M.D.S.)
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Bachelor of Dental Surgery is a 4-year course along with a 1-year rotating internship. This course has high demand next only to M.B.B.S. Regulated by the Dental Council Of India it is the only professional course in India on dental surgery. It focuses on both theory and practice to make students learn and acquire skills in the field of dentistry at the end of the 5-year long B.D.S. program.
Departments of SB Patil Dental College Bidar
There are a total of 11 departments that students interact with during the duration of their course and undergo training under each department. The department at SB Patil Dental College, Bidar includes
Oral Medicine and Radiology
- The department is involved in the diagnosis of oral mucosal and salivary gland systematic disorders.
- Orofacial pain and temporomandibular disorders and oral complications related to oral cancer treatment are first looked upon in the patients in this department.
- This department also performs clinical and radiological examinations, biopsies, and tooth vitality tests on patients.
- With specialists from the departments of oral and maxillofacial surgery, periodontics, and prosthodontics, oral implantology is a super-specialty department in dentistry.
- It is a new branch of dentistry that is bringing advanced technology for treating patients to lead a comfortable life.
- The oral implantology division offers long-lasting substitutes for tooth damage for various reasons.
- Modern implant surgery kits, a physio dispenser, and cutting-edge surgical tools are all included in the comprehensive equipment list of this department.
Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Children with cravings for sweets and chocolates are more prone to tooth decay and other oral infections. Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry is the branch of dentistry that caters to the oral health needs of children and infants.
- It is also called Children Dentistry or Paediatric Dentistry.
- The department organizes school dental health programs in and around the Bidar region in association with the public health dentistry department.
- The department’s experienced faculty members work in a variety of specialties, including managing cleft lip and palate, managing children under general anesthesia, managing oral trauma, minimally invasive dentistry, lesion sterilization tissue restoration, and more.
- The subject is dealt with by third-year and final-year students.
Public Health Dentistry
- Bringing awareness to the oral health of the community is the main agenda of this department.
- The department caters to the oral health needs of the surrounding rural masses with a mobile dental unit (MDU) with 2 fixed dental units and portable dental chairs.
- With regular follow-ups, patients who use tobacco are offered health education via posters, audio-visual aids, etc.
- With advanced equipment like the ultrasonic cleaner, autoclave, needle incinerator, and LED curing units this department is one of the best departments in the college.
- The department has its own lecturer’s room, sterilization room, seminar room, and library with around 20 reference books.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- A wide range of illnesses, injuries, and deformities in various parts of the face (neck, jaws, etc.) and other hard as well as soft tissues in the maxillofacial and oral region are treated under the supervision of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- It is the branch of dentistry that helps in the management of maxillofacial trauma, management of facial space infections, and management of cysts and tumors in the orofacial region.
- This department performs procedures like TMJ surgeries, orthognathic surgeries, dental extractions, dis-impaction, dental implantation, etc., Dental Implant section, operation theatres for men and women, recovery room, different sections for sterilization, and biomedical waste disposal system the facilities at this department
Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
- This department also called Dental prosthetic or Prosthetic dentistry involves improving the aesthetics, and comfort of the patient.
- The department specializes in the diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, and maintenance of the oral health of patients.
- The treatments provided by the department include complete dentures, fixed prosthodontics, inlays, and outlays.
Department of Periodontology and Implantology
- This is a branch of dentistry that deals with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases that affect the surrounding and supporting tissues of the teeth or their substitutes.
- The procedures carried out by this department include crown lengthening, flap surgery, root coverage procedure, root planing and curettage etc.,
- Referred to as Plastic Surgeons of Dentistry Periodontists perform complex procedures like the remodeling of soft tissue and reshaping of the jaw bone.
- This department is equipped with clinics, sterilization rooms, disinfecting tools, etc., for students to get practical skills.
Oral Pathology and Microbiology
The two foundation subjects dealt with by this department include
Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Orthodontics involves the diagnosis, prevention, and correction of malpositioned teeth and jaws.
- Dentofacial orthopedics involves modifying facial growth and correcting of developmental and acquired defects of the jaws and teeth.
- The treatment options available are Begg’s appliance, Pre-adjusted edgewise appliances, Ceramic braces, myofunctional appliances, and micro implant-based orthodontics.
Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Operative Dentistry is a branch of dentistry that teaches students topics like restoration of form, function, and aesthetics in decayed/ injured, diseased, or malformed teeth while Endodontics deals with the invasive treatment of teeth when disease/ injury involves pulp. It is one of the core subjects of Dentistry.
Tobacco Cessation Centre
- At the SB Patil Dental College in Bidar, the Tobacco Cessation Centre was started on an independent basis under the aegis of the National Tobacco Control Programme and National Oral Health Programme.
- Under TCC, the patients are handled by trained students and interns. TCC would collaborate with the oral medicine and radiology, oral surgery, periodontics, and oral pathology departments.
|Oral Medicine and Radiology
|The theory includes didactic lectures: T, clinical discussions, chairside discussions, and demonstrations. Practicals include radiographic interpretation and discussion
|Dr K. Jitender Reddy MDS (HOD)
|Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
|Lectures include PowerPoint presentations, clinical chairside discussions, demonstrations, group discussions, chapter-wise discussions, and seminars. Clinical practicals are also conducted.
|Dr Manasi Kulkarni, MDS, (Sr.Lecturer)
|Public Health Dentistry
|Chairside discussions, lecture classes, and seminars are the teaching methods of this department.
|Dr Shurdha Potdar, MDS, (Reader)
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
|Discussion and demonstration of the models, clinical discussion, case discussion, and seminars/poster presentations are the teaching methods employed for student learning.
|Dr Deepak Kumar, MDS (HOD)
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
|Lecture classes, digital methods, and evidenced-based teaching is employed
|Dr Puttaraj Tukaram Kattimani, (HOD)
|Department of Periodontology and Implantology
|Lectures and group discussions
|Dr Sharashchandra (HOD)
|Oral Pathology and Microbiology
|Didactic lectures, discussions, and project work
|Dr Surendar Nandi Konda, MDS
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
|The theory includes didactic lectures, student seminars, and clinical discussions. Practical/Clinical Skill includes wire bending exercises for different removable appliances, case history discussions, and diagnosis.
|Dr Chandrashekhar Gouda, B. Patil.
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
|Theory, didactic Lectures, student seminars, clinical discussions, and practical/clinical skills are the teaching methods employed by this department.
|Dr Syed Mubeen Mohiuddin Hussaini
|Tobacco Cessation Centre
Master Of Dental Surgery (MDS)
|Number of Seats
|Orthodontics And Dentofacial Orthopedics
|Periodontology and Implantology
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
SB Patil Dental College Bidar Fees Structure
However, our expert team is at your service if you want to know more about the fee structure of the program offered at SB Dental College BDS fees. So, before making any career choice, ensure that you reach out to us to get real-time information regarding the fee structure of both the MDS and BDS programs and other admission requirements.
Placements and Scope
B.D.S. is the most sorted career option after medicine, many graduates want to know their future career options so they could make an informed choice. Here are a few possibilities:
- Higher Studies like M.D.S and PhD.
- Setting up your Practice.
- A career as a dental doctor in the private/government sector.
- Academics and Research.
The average salary for BDS graduates passed out from SB Patil Dental College Bidar is around Rs 4.00 LPA.
Rankings and Recognitions
We believe in providing our readers with authentic information for candidates looking for enrolment in medical schools and colleges. One of the parameters that most parents of potential candidates look out for is college rankings before admissions. Since there is no information regarding the rankings of SB Patil Dental College on their website, you can either contact their administration or contact us to get first-hand information.
- Extracurricular Activities: There is an indoor badminton area for boys and girls to play and learn the game. A table tennis court is also available. Apart from that, there is a fitness center for maintaining health and physique.
- Hostel Facility: Hostel facilities are provided for both boys and girls. The rooms are clean and tidy with separate almirahs and a study desk. The restrooms are, however, not connected. There is a shared utility area.
- Library: SB Patil dental college, Bidar has a spacious library with separate reading counters for staff and students. Resources such as dental books, international journals, and research papers are available in the library.
- Canteen: A mess facility for students that serves hot food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The mess is clean and well-maintained following good hygiene guidelines.
- Address: WFJC+JGP, Bidar Humnabad Rd, Naubad, near Bharat Ford Showroom, Bidar, Karnataka 585401.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the extracurricular activities in SB Patil Dental College?
Badminton, Table Tennis, Yoga, Cricket and other events are organised at SB Patil Dental College.
2. Is SB Patil Dental College a women’s college?
No, It is a Co-ed college for both boys and girls.
3. Is there a Hostel Facility at SB Patil Dental College?
There is a hostel facility and mess facility for both boys and girls at SB Patil Dental College.
4. Are there practical classes for B.D.S. students?
There are practical classes for students of all years.
5. How many seats are available for the B.D.S. course at SB Patil Dental College?
40 seats are available for the BDS course at SB Patil Dental College
6. Is SB Patil Dental College Ragging free?
There is an anti-ragging policy at SB Patil Dental College.
7. How many seats are available for the M.D.S. course at SB Patil Dental College?
10 seats are available at four departments namely Orthodontics And Dentofacial Orthopaedics, Periodontology and Implantology, Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge, Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics for the M.D.S. course.
8. Is there a postgraduate course at SB Dental College?
Yes, there is a postgraduate course at SB Dental College
You can also check the link below to go through my other detailed post on dental colleges:
Just a Moment:
Please write down a review in the comment box below about your views and experiences at SB Patil Dental College if you a student or an alumnus of the college. This effort of yours can help potential dental aspirants in their further education and future careers.