Hello everyone, I hope that this article will be helpful for you in getting all information about Rajiv Gandhi Dental College, Bangalore. Finding information about various colleges is very tough but you do not have to worry much because I have made sure to add all information about the college for you people.
Table of Contents
- Rajiv Gandhi Dental College Bangalore Overview
- Rajiv Gandhi Dental College Bangalore Admissions
- Rajiv Gandhi Dental College Bangalore Courses
- Rajiv Gandhi Dental College Bangalore Fee Structure
- Rajiv Gandhi Dental College Bangalore Ranking
- Rajiv Gandhi Dental College Facilities
- Rajiv Gandhi Dental College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Rajiv Gandhi Dental College Bangalore Overview
Sri Rajiv Gandhi College of Dental Sciences & Hospital is India’s oldest dental college wherein both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in dentistry are available at the College, including the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) and Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) (3 years).
Affiliated with Karnataka’s Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, it has earned the endorsements of the state of Karnataka, the Dental Council of India, and the Indian government before being formally recognized as a dental school.
|Name||Rajiv Gandhi Dental College, Bangalore|
|Address||Cholanagar, R.T. Nagar Post, Bangalore, Karnataka|
|Principal||Dr Sushant Anant Pai (MDS)|
|Accreditation||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka|
|Approved By||Dental Council of India|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full-Time|
Students from around the country and from around the world are enrolled in this famous and highly regarded university. A wide range of courses may be found here, all taught by professors with years of experience and a high level of education.
This university has a world-class and high-quality infrastructure in all of its areas, allowing for superb and high-quality education. University examination outcomes at this school are consistently excellent. This university’s expansive campus is conveniently positioned near a variety of transportation options in the heart of Bangalore. All these factors help Rajiv Gandhi Dental College’s ranking to be high.
Value and vision:
An international university with high-quality education and research programs in the fields of medicine, engineering, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, business management and administration and law is what RGC Group aims to achieve in the future. With its 35-year tradition of providing great education to thousands of students from around the country and around the world, it has already developed a slew of schools.
Board of Directors:
|Dr S. Juno, BDS||Managing Director & Trustee|
|S. Sunil, LLB||Director Admin, Legal Advisor & Trustee|
|S. Bajore, MBA||Director & Secretary / Trustee|
|Dr Sida Arun, MD||Director & Trustee|
Why Choose Rajiv Gandhi Dental College Bangalore?
There are numerous reasons to choose Sri Rajiv Gandhi College of Dental Sciences and Hospital.
- It has excellent research facilities.
- Accommodations for students are available in the college’s hostels.
- In addition to research centres and other amenities like CCTV cameras, the campus is well-protected for the student’s well-being.
- Furthermore, faculty members are committed to providing a supportive learning environment for their students.
Rajiv Gandhi Dental College Bangalore Admissions
Eligibility for Undergraduate
- Candidates must have passed the 2nd PUC/12th Grade Test or an equivalent exam with English as the language of instruction in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) with a minimum aggregate score of 50% (40 per cent for SC/ ST of Karnataka).
- A candidate must also score at least 50% in physics, chemistry, and biology on the entrance exam (40 per cent for Karnataka SC/ ST applicants).
- Dental Council of India’s new BDS regulation requires passing the NEET.
- PUC/12th-grade exam results card/ statement.
- An eligibility certificate is issued by the university for international students.
- Transfer certificates.
- Migration certifications.
- Foreign students need a “No Objection Certificate” from India’s Ministry of External Affairs.
- Foreign students must submit a valid visa.
- High school transcripts for age proof.
- The NEET Rank Result Sheet varies per admission year.
Eligibility for Postgraduate
- DCI has numerous eligibility requirements. By April 30 of the appropriate academic year, they must have their B.D.S. and internship.
- Foreign national students must additionally qualify in the National Entrance Eligibility Test (NEET-MDS) in the year of admission and acquire the required percentile as determined by the Dental Council of India for admission to the MDS Course.
- General Merit candidates must score at least 50% on the Entrance Test to be eligible for postgraduate courses, while SC, ST, and OBC candidates from Karnataka State must achieve at least 40%.
- Students accepted into the Dental College’s Post Graduate Dental Program must hold a recognised B.D.S. degree or equivalent qualification and be permanently registered with the Dental Council of India or one of the State Dental Councils within one month of their admission date.
- Indian nationals who have a recognised foreign degree and are enrolled in a dental college or university can apply for temporary/permanent registration by the Dental Council of India.
- Under the Dentists Act, 1948, a candidate for the MDS programme must have a recognised BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) degree from an Indian University or a recognised Dental College or an equivalent qualification recognised by the Dental Council of India.
- Foreign nationals without a recognised dental qualification may receive interim registration from the Dental Council of India for postgraduate training. This only applies to Indian citizens who paid the registration cost.
- As long as the foreign national is duly registered as a dentist in the country where he or she received their basic dental qualification, they may continue their temporary registration.
- Students from outside India must have a valid visa, an Eligibility Certificate from the university, an NoC from the External Affairs Ministry and the Health & Family Welfare (Dental Education) Ministry of the Government of India, an NoC / Temporary Registration from the Dental Council of India, and a Provisional Registration from the Karnataka State Dental Council to attend dental school in India.
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)||
|Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)||
Candidate fees must be paid for both BDS and MDS. Any student who doesn’t attend or pay by the deadline will have their enrollment cancelled and the next qualifying applicant will be evaluated. The Dental Council of India and the University have set an admissions calendar, which must be followed. www.srgcds.ac.in or www.rgcgroup.org includes an application form for the students.
Since most dental colleges have specific requirements regarding document submission, you can contact us. You will help you navigate through the entire application process by dedicating special teams to give you first-hand information about the specific colleges.
Rajiv Gandhi Dental College Bangalore Courses
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Each academic year will include 240 teaching days and include a one-year rotational internship in a dental institution as part of the BDS curriculum.
- A rotating internship in a dental college will be compulsory for every applicant who passes the final BDS examination.
- One year of the internship will be required, and the BDS degree will be issued after that time.
- The college will administer a minimum of two internal exams for each topic.
- At the end of the first year of the BDS program, students sit for the I BDS exam; the II BDS exam occurs in the second year, and so on through the fourth year.
- Exams at the university level are held twice a year, in December and June.
- To pass an examination, a candidate must score at least 50 per cent in both the written and practical sections.
- Candidates who get at least 65 per cent of the possible points are considered to have completed the exam with distinction.
- To receive a passing grade, students must score at least 75% of the possible points.
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
- There will be three years of instruction in the course. A minimum of three academic years as full-time students in an institution recognised by the Dental Council of India and affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, is necessary for all candidates for the degree of MDS.
- Full-time postgraduate training for a degree will be required.
MDS Specialties Offered
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge:
In dentistry, prosthodontics refers to the art and science of replacing missing or decayed teeth and their supporting tissues with either fixed or removable artificial replacements, such as dental crowns and bridges or dental implants.
Oral implantology and periodontology study the gums and supporting structures of teeth, as well as the oral mucous membrane.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Maxillofacial (mouth and facial) surgery and implantology are specialities that deal with the diagnosis and surgical and non-surgical treatment options for a wide range of conditions affecting these areas of the body.
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
Periapical lesions, as well as conditions that affect hard tissues and the pulp of the tooth, are the focus of conservative dentistry.
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
The Department of Dentofacial Orthopedics and Orthodontics aim to restore normal dental function by preventing and correcting oral abnormalities and malocclusions, as well as harmonising the tissues involved.
- Oral Pathology & Microbiology
Those who study oral diseases, their aetiology, progression, and outcomes are known as oral pathologists. Oral illness symptoms are linked to physiological and anatomical changes in the body, according to this theory.
- Public Health Dentistry
Dentistry for the Community’s Health Preventing, managing, and improving oral health through community-based measures is dentistry’s primary goal.
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
The Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry is concerned with the early detection and treatment of problems with the teeth, mouth, and gums that might arise in children.
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
In dentistry, oral medicine is a subspecialty that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the oral tissues, both local and systemic, that originate in the mouth. Radiology is the study of X-rays and how they can be used to diagnose and treat orofacial illnesses.
Rajiv Gandhi Dental College Bangalore Fee Structure
As a guide below is the proposed breakdown of Rajiv Gandhi Dental College fees for the new BDS admissions for the upcoming academic year.
|Govt Quota Seats (These are specifically applied to only Karnataka Students)||Rs. 95,808/- per year|
|Private Seats (These are unreserved seats)||Rs. 4,37,700/- per year|
|NRI Seats||Rs. 4,62,700/- per year|
|Others Seats||Rs. 4,62,700/- per year|
|Oral Surgery||INR 12,65,750/-|
|Oral Medicine||INR 15,750/-|
|Oral Pathology||INR 15,750/-|
|Sports facilities, skill lab, course material library, e-learning||
Rs 45000/- per year
- Scholarships for students in the SC / ST / OBC reservation category are available from the State Government, based on their eligibility as published by the State Government regularly.
- ePASS (Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarships) applications must be submitted online using a website established by the State Government of Karnataka for all accepted candidates.
- Students must provide the college with their scholarship-sanctioned information to receive a refund or modification to their tuition payments.
Rajiv Gandhi Dental College Bangalore Ranking
There are various achievements of Rajiv Gandhi Dental College, Bangalore:
- Accredited by NAAC with a “B” Grade.
- Crowned with University Ranks for decades and among the Best Dental colleges in Bangalore.
- Accredited to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka.
Rajiv Gandhi Dental College Facilities
Tobacco Cessation Cell
- A dentistry institution’s tobacco cessation cell provides individualized, systematic counselling to help patients quit smoking.
- Interventions include a series of questions and a score. The patient’s reaction determines when to cease the habit.
- If the patient’s scores are high enough, NRT or other drugs may be administered to relieve the discomfort of quitting smoking.
- The institute in Cholanagar has had an anti-smoking section since 2014.
- The college’s fleet of buses accommodates academic, extracurricular, and daily travels. Public transit serves the school.
Games and Activities
- Students can participate in indoor and outdoor activities on the school’s panoramic campus, which features trees, plants, and landscapes.
- The university has basketball, badminton, and volleyball courts.
- Off-campus football, cricket, and other sports facilities can be accessible by college-provided transportation.
- A new pool and gym will open soon.
- Teaching professors and postgraduate students can conduct research in the institution’s Research Center.
- Central Library has medical and dental magazines from throughout the world and departmental reference materials for research.
- The college’s dentistry journal is “Dentistry Era.” Case studies and student reports are published in the dentistry school’s journal.
- The infrastructure permits faculty to conduct dental research and study.
- Dental school’s computer lab has computers, printers, scanners, and a server.
- The lab may conduct university online evaluations of exam response scripts for all medical education streams.
- Wi-Fi has been provided campus-wide to network all college computers.
- Hostels, hospitals, canteens, and cafeterias offer free, password-protected Wi-Fi.
- The college has gender-separated dorms. On-campus dorms have 300 beds.
- Students have room options. Students might choose shared bathrooms or rooms with attached toilets. The hostel features a TV lounge, games area, yoga room, and meditation room. The hostel has a 24-hour warden to ensure student safety.
Outside food isn’t allowed because it could be poisoned. Doctors and nurses are always available at the hostel. Local guardians and visitors may meet with students in the Visitor Room between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Students can pick between vegetarian and non-vegetarian cuisine and snacks, including Indian. Rajiv Gandhi Dental College hostel fees are also determined according to the student’s preferences.
Rajiv Gandhi Dental College Contact Details
Address: 3rd Cross Road Post, Chola Nagar, RT Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560032
- Phone: 080 2354 6948
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Rajiv Gandhi Dental College, Bangalore government or private?
The Rajiv Gandhi Dental College, Bangalore is a private college and hospital in Bangalore.
2. What is the Rajiv Gandhi Dental College admission process?
To be accepted into Rajiv Gandhi Dental College, students must score well on the NEET exam.
3. Is Rajiv Gandhi Dental College any good?
Rajiv Gandhi Dental College is the best dental school in the country. RGDCB fees are also comparatively low than most colleges.
4. What are Rajiv Gandhi Dental College class hours?
The timing is 8:30 am–4 pm.
5. For how long does the institute keep offices open?
Workers of the institution indicated that their working days were Monday through Saturday.
6. Does the institute have a healthy work environment?
Upon research, the institution is rated 2.0 as far as the quality of work environment is concerned.
7. Is there a bus service in the area?
The university does offer transportation by bus.
8. What are the college's living arrangements like?
Students are housed in hostels available for both boys and girls.
If you are looking for dental colleges in India, you can also check out my other posts following the link below:
Just a Moment:
We would love your reviews posted in the comment box below. You can share your experiences and views about Rajiv Gandhi Dental College Bangalore if you are an alumnus or a student pursuing BDS or MDS degree from the college.