Are you determined and courageous to defend the rules? Do you desire to build a career in law? Currently, law is one of the fields with great diversity and expansion. The opportunities are endless in this profession. In India, the possibilities for a law career are humongous. When you study law at a reputed university, your knowledge will make a huge impact on the lives of people, leading you towards becoming a world-class lawyer. Sarvodaya Law College Bangalore is one such university. Read the whole article to know everything about this college.
Table of Contents
- Sarvodaya Law College Overview
- Admissions at Sarvodaya Law College
- Program Offered
- Sarvodaya Law College Fees
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Rankings & Recognitions
- Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Sarvodaya Law College Overview
Sarvodaya Law College Bangalore is a separate institution working under Sarvodaya Educational Trust, established in the year 1995. Established as a separate institute in 2004, Sarvodaya Law College Bangalore has been affiliated with the Karnataka State Law University, Hubli, approved by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi, and recognized by the Government of Karnataka.
|Name||Sarvodaya Law College Bangalore|
|Address||#867, Vasantha Complex Dr. M. C. Modi Hospital Road, Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore-560086, Karnataka, India|
|Affiliated to||Karnataka State Law University|
|Approved by||Bar Council of India|
|Recognized by||Government of Karnataka|
Sarvodaya Law College is situated in Rajajinagar which is one of the well-known places in Bangalore, you can easily reach this college via diverse transportation available in the city. The area nearby the college is accommodated with all the basic facilities for students to spend the years with ease and comfort.
The Sarvodaya Law College is an institution working under the Sarvodaya Educational Trust. Other institutes running under Sarvodaya Educational Trust are:
- Sarvodaya Super Specialty Hospital.
- Sarvodaya College of Nursing.
- Sarvodaya B. Ed and D. Ed college.
- New Sarvodaya School of Nursing.
- Sarvodaya Public School.
- Sarvodaya Law College.
- Provide quality education in the field of law.
- Create an academic environment for empowering students’ growth.
- To impart efforts in developing the finest legal profession.
- To fulfill the requirements of people in this area era of globalization.
- To transform potential teenagers into mature professionals.
- To provide opportunities for students to explore their own capabilities.
Admissions at Sarvodaya Law College
Sarvodaya Law College Bangalore provides a 3-year course of LLB (Bachelor of Law) and a one-year course of PG Diploma in Cyber Law and Information Technology. Admission to this college is strictly based on the marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying examination.
- Step 1; Fill out the application form posted by the college on their website or issued on the college campus.
- Step 2: The college authorities will look for the eligibility criteria.
- Step 3: If you pass the eligibility criteria, the college will contact you for further proceedings.
- Step 4: Submit the required documents and fee payment as per the college requirement.
Eligibility Criteria for LLB
- The candidate should have completed graduation from a University established by an Act of Parliament/State Legislature or a Deemed to be University/Foreign University recognized equivalent to an Indian University.
- For general category candidates, the applicant should be of the utmost age of 30 years.
- For SC, ST, and other backward categories, the applicants should be of an utmost age of 35 years.
- Secured minimum aggregate marks of 45% for general category candidates.
- Secured minimum aggregate marks of 40% for SC and ST category candidates.
Document Required for LLB Admissions
- SSLC Marks Sheet.
- Class 12 Marks Sheet.
- Graduation Certificate.
- Category Certificate.
- Entrance Test Admit Card (Qualifying Exam).
- Entrance Test Rank Card (Qualifying Exam).
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate ( For Out of Karnataka Candidate).
- Passport Size Photographs.
- Identity Card.
LLB is the most popular law degree in India. In order to choose qualified applicants for LLB, several universities hold competitive examinations. Let us look at a few of the most important legal admission tests held in India.
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT): CLAT is conducted at a national level as an online test in selected centers. The candidate can be of any age with a minimum aggregate of 45% in his 10+2 exams.
Law School Admission Test (LSAT): LSAT is conducted on an international level by Pearson VUE on behalf of the Law School Admission Council (LSAC). The test is conducted offline and tested on parameters such as logical and analytical reasoning, and reading comprehension.
All India Law Entrance Test (AILET): AILET, being one of the most notable law entrance tests, is conducted at a national level by the National Law University, Delhi.
Important Admission Dates
|Entrance Examination||Application Starting Date||Application End Date||Date of Examination|
|Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)||1 January 2022||9 May 2022||19 June 2022|
|All India Law Entrance Test (AILET)||17 January 2022||25 May 2022||26 June 2022|
|Law School Admission Test (LSAT) India||18 October 2021||8 June 2022||22 June 2022|
Sarvodaya Law College Bangalore provides a 3-year program in the field of Law. In addition, the college also offers a PG Diploma course of 1 year in Cyber Law and Information Technology, correspondence in LLM, and coaching classes for Bank exams and other competitive exams.
Bachelor of Law (LLB)
A Bachelor of Law (LLB) is the first professional degree for those aspirants who want to build a career in the legal profession. It is an excellent option for people who want to learn about national laws and desire to fix systematic flaws.
PG Diploma in Cyber Law and Information Security
Sarvodaya Law College Bangalore is providing this full-time course for one year under Karnataka State Law University for aspirants who want to study and make use of the developing era of computers. The course aims to assure suitable and legal use of technology to adhere to certain rules and regulations for government transactions. Some of the topics covered in this program are
- Data Protection.
- Intellectual Property.
Faculty: Sarvodaya Law College Bangalore is focused on providing students with great opportunities to exhibit their talents, and with the support of experienced teaching staff, the college has achieved great success in its goals.
- A.M.R Veeraiah – Principal.
- Arunapriyadarshini. H.M – Full-time Lecturer.
- Chandrashekhar. R – Full-time Lecturer.
- U. P. Vatsala – Full-time Lecturer.
- Mrs. Rukmini. S – Full-time Lecturer.
- Miss Sujata Sharma – Full-time Lecturer.
- Shivananda D. S – Full-time Lecturer.
- Mrs. Nirmala Hegde – Full-time Lecturer.
- H K Sachitanand – Part-time Lecturer.
- K. Mayilsamy – Part-time Lecturer.
- Miss. Vijayalakshmi V – Part-time Lecturer.
- Dr. Premalatha – Guest Faculty.
- Venkatesh Deshpande – Full-time Librarian.
- K. Narasimhappa – Administrator.
- Savitha – F.D.C.
- Shranappa K – S.D.C.
Sarvodaya Law College Fees
Sarvodaya Law College Bangalore’s fee structure to study Bachelor of Law is quite minimal and economical for students to choose this college over many expensive ones. Scroll down to know more about the fee structure, scholarships, educational loans, and other information related to fees.
|Course Name||Fees/ year (INR)||Duration|
|Bachelor of Law (LLB)||–||3 years|
|PG Diploma in Cyber Law and Information Security||–||1-year|
Payment Mode: The college is available for any mode of transaction. You can pay cash or issue a Demand Draft on the college campus, or you can opt for online transactions such as NEFT Transfer or Net Banking.
Sarvodaya Law College Bangalore does not provide direct scholarships. But, since the college is recognized by the Government of Karnataka, candidates willing to study in this college are eligible to apply for government scholarships.
Eligibility for Government of Karnataka Scholarships
- Candidate must be an Indian Citizen and a Permanent Resident of Karnataka.
- Candidate should be listed in Backward Classes specified by the Central/State Government.
- The University should either be Government, Local Body, Aided Institution or Recognized by the Government of Karnataka.
- Students accommodated in government hostels or residential colleges are not eligible.
- Candidates will not be eligible for the same course twice.
- For male candidates, 2 male candidates for the same family can apply for scholarships. No restrictions for female candidates.
- Apply online in SSP Software.
- Submit the application with the required documents by uploading a software copy and submitting the hard copy to the concerned university.
- The Principal and Inspection Officer will review for eligibility and contact you online.
- You need to submit the documents to the concerned Taluk Backward Classes Welfare Officers.
- The Taluk Officer will verify the documents.
- Selected candidates will be granted scholarships and the amount will be deposited directly into the student’s bank account.
Educational Loans: Many students desire to pursue education and develop a career for themselves but take a step back looking at the fee structure of the colleges. For such students, many banks and leading companies provide educational loans so that students can work through their dreams. To acquire a loan from a bank or any such organization, you need to submit the required documents along with the loan application form.
Placements & Career Opportunities
Law is one of the most demanding careers in India. Being the longest constitution in the world, there are many acts and regulations in our country. The citizens of India always find their way to a lawyer for legal advice to interpret their problems and find a solution within their legal rights.
Placement Cell: Sarvodaya Law College Bangalore has a placement cell built for students to support them in internships and placements. The faculty help students find internships and job placements and also helps in getting the job by preparing them for the placement process.
Higher Education after LLB
After LLB, some students desire to pursue higher education in order to gain more knowledge and get better career opportunities. I have provided a list of courses that you can apply for after your LLB.
- Master of Law (LLM).
- PG Diploma in Cyber Law.
- PG Diploma in Cyber Law and Information Technology.
- PG Di[loma Women’s Rights and Human Rights.
- Ph. D. Law.
- Integrated BA LLB.
- M. Phil Law.
- Master Of Comparative Laws (MCL).
- M.A. Human Rights and Duties Education.
- Doctor of Law.
- Diploma in Administrative Law.
- Diploma in Co-operative Law.
- Diploma in Environmental Law.
- Diploma in International Law.
- Diploma in Taxation Law.
- Diploma in Labor Law.
- Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights.
- Diploma in Alternative Dispute Resolution Systems.
- Diploma In Corporate Law & Management.
Career Opportunities after LLB
Lawyers hold highly esteemed positions in society. Everyone has to consult a lawyer for legal advice or legal procedure at least once in their lifetime. People put their faith in lawyers whenever they face problems that require justice. The mentioned facts open doors for many great opportunities that cannot be compared with other career paths.
Career Scope after LLB
- Higher Studies.
- Government Services.
- Legal Advisor.
- Judicial Services.
- Legal Outsourcing.
- Job in Private Companies.
- Legal Journalism.
- Research & Analysis.
Job Roles for LLB Graduates
- Advocate Legal Advisor.
- Advocate Legal Assistant.
- Advocate Lawyer.
- Senior Legal Advisor.
- Retainer Advocate.
- Panel Advocate.
- Junior Advocate.
- Independent Advocate.
- High Court Advocate.
- Assistant Legal Manager.
- Legal Manager Compliance.
- Legal Officer.
- Law Lecturer.
- Criminal Lawyer.
- Banking Lawyer.
- Private Lawyer.
- Civil Lawyer.
- Corporate Lawyer.
- Associate Lawyer.
- Legal Coordinator.
- Legal Consultant.
Rankings & Recognitions
Sarvodaya Law College Bangalore is an institute under Sarvodaya Educational Trust which is running 6 institutions successfully. The college is affiliated with Karnataka State Law University, approved by the Bar Council of India, and recognized by the Government of Karnataka. It is considered among the top-rated colleges in Karnataka with an excellent academic track record.
Classrooms: The college provides its students with spacious classrooms with proper seating for students’ comfort and relevance.
Library: Books are a lawyer’s best friend. With such importance, a library with well-stocked books and journals is available for their upcoming lawyers. Moreover, the college has also facilitated its students with an e-library to access their desired books anytime off-campus.
Moot Court Hall: Practical approach is the best way to gain expertise in any subject. For students to gain practical knowledge along with theoretical knowledge, the college has built a moot court hall within the campus where students argue on hypothetical issues. In addition, moot court competitions are organized for students to challenge each other and expose their talents.
Sports: Studying law can be tedious to one’s mind, but some physical activities can come to the rescue. The college conducts regular sports and extracurricular activities for students to engage in other areas too. Furthermore, the college organizes Annual Day Functions to felicitate students with awards for their achievements.
Hostels: Sarvodaya Law College Bangalore does not provide hostel facilities, but as it is situated in Rajaji Nagar which is at the center of the city, you can easily find accommodation at reasonable rates.
Guest Lectures: Guest lectures are held by famous advocates to inspire students to grow more in the field of law.
College Contact Details
Address: SARVODAYA LAW COLLEGE, #867, Vasantha Complex Dr. M. C. Modi Hospital Road, Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore-560086.
- Phone: 080-23234970.
- Email: email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When was Sarvodaya Law College Bangalore established?
The college was established in the year 2004.
2. Is the college running any other institution?
Sarvodaya Law College Bangalore is a separate college working under Sarvodaya Educational Trust.
3. Where is the college located?
The college is located in Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore.
4. Is the college affiliated and approved?
Yes, the college is affiliated with Karnataka State Law University, Hubli, and approved by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi.
5. Is Sarvodaya Law College Bangalore a private or a government college?
The college is running as a private institution.
6. Are any scholarships provided by the college?
The college does not provide scholarships directly but you can apply for government scholarships as it is recognized by the Government of Karnataka.
7. What are the courses offered?
The college offers a Bachelor of Law for 3 years and PG Diploma in Cyber Law and Information Technology for one year.
8. What entrance examinations are needed to get admission for LLB?
You can appear for any CLAT/LSAT/AILET examination to get admission for LLB.
9. What are the facilities offered by Sarvodaya Law College Bangalore?
The college offers facilities like spacious classrooms, a well-stocked library, and a moot court hall.
10. How to contact the college?
Phone: 080-23234970. Mobile: 9844453973.
Interested to go through more law colleges? Follow the link below to check out my detailed post on:
One Small Ask:
If you are an alumnus of this college, please share your thoughts about this college as your review will add value to the reputation of the college and will help our budding lawyers to choose colleges wisely for their admissions.