Hi folks! I’d like to welcome you to my blogs on dentistry schools. It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoy my blogs and are sharing them with your network of family and friends. With admission processes beginning in most colleges, I understand that now is the time to decide which path and university will be best for you. We have a team of professional guides that will assist you at every step of the admissions process. Now, let me brief you a little bit about Sri Venkateshwara Dental College Bangalore (SVD College).
Table of Contents
- Sri Venkateshwara Dental College Overview
- Sri Venkateshwara Dental College Admissions
- Sri Venkateshwara Dental College Courses
- Sri Venkateshwara Dental College Fee Structure
- Sri Venkateshwara Dental College Placement
- Sri Venkateshwara Dental College Ranking
- Facilities Offered
- Sri Venkateshwara Dental College
- Frequently Asked Questions
Sri Venkateshwara Dental College Overview
An organisation founded in 1992, the institution is dedicated to providing the best possible dental education so that graduates may treat any dental condition with utmost precision and accuracy irrespective of a rural or urban setting. Furthermore, the institution aspires to produce dental graduates of exceptional quality and to foster a spirit of devotion.
The institution features first-class teaching personnel, a fantastic research environment, real library centers, and a commitment to producing dental graduates of exceptional performance and cultivating a spirit of dedication. The college is equipped with modern facilities to provide first-rate education in all fields of Dental Sciences.
|Name||Sri Venkateshwara Dental College|
|Address||Sri Venkateshwara Dental College and Hospital, Jigani Main Road, Bannerghatta, Bangalore – 560083|
|Principal||Dr. Uma Dinesh|
|Affiliated To||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved By||Dental Council of India|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full-Time|
|Hostel||Both Girls and Boys|
Sri Venkateshwara Dental College also has a hostel facility with linked lavatories for both male and female students. The college is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and is approved by the Dental Council of India in New Delhi.
The College is administered by:
- Dr Renuka Prasad K V, General Secretary.
- Dr. Jyothi R Prasad, Director.
- Sri. K P Subbaiah, Trustee.
- Dr Abhijnya K R, Member.
Why Choose Sri Venkateshwara Dental College Bangalore?
This facility has grown in prominence for delivering the best oral health care in Karnataka. Some of the outstanding amenities that distinguish this college are
A Safe Space For Students
Since its inception, SV Dental College is known to maintain its unfiltered reputation as one of the safest spaces for students to interact and exchange. Having a non-teaching staff be student-friendly to having security personnel employed throughout the hostel premises makes Venkateshwara College a one-of-a-kind institute in India.
To provide education that is complementary to global standards, the institution harbors a large library with around 2500 books based on the field of medicine and dentistry. At any given moment, around 100 pupils can sit in the library. The college has laboratories and dental clinics where students may put their theoretical knowledge into practice.
To deter ragging, there is a separate housing facility for BDS first-year students. To further the idea of a safe space, “Say No To Ragging” signs are put in all conspicuous sections of the campus. An anti-ragging meeting is held for students to raise awareness that ragging other pupils are punitive and illegal.
Field-specific Awareness Camps
The organization raises awareness about dentistry by holding Dental Screening camps in and around Bangalore and nearby villages, schools, companies, old age homes, and hospitals in collaboration with students. The college provides free dentures to senior citizens of the country as part of the Government of Karnataka’s Danta Bhagya Yojana.
Sri Venkateshwara Dental College Admissions
On 12 acres of land near Bannerghatta, the institution has facilities as per the prerequisites set by the Dental Council of India, New Delhi norms. The university is associated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Bengaluru and the Dental Council of India in New Delhi. Being one of the Top Dental Colleges in Karnataka, this college receives thousands of applications each year from dentistry aspirants.
Admission Requirements to BDS Course
- Should have a valid NEET rank
- Students are asked to get an Eligibility Certificate from RGUHS in Bengaluru.
|Courses Offered||Duration||Fee Structure|
|BDS||4 years of the classroom program and 1 year of compulsory rotating internship||INR 2.5 Lakhs/ Year|
- The candidate must have obtained at least 50% marks in the PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology combined) Stream.
- The candidate must have passed English as a mandatory subject.
- Admissions to every college that offers a BDS program are entirely dependent on the NEET score. To be eligible for admission, students must score the examination cut-off.
Admission Procedure of SV Dental College
- According to the policies laid by the State Govt. of Tamil Nadu, 65 percent of the seats are allocated through the single window system and the remainder of 35 percent of seats are reserved for management quota.
- To be able to seek the benefits of the management quota, the candidate must clear an entrance exam that is conducted by TNPPCA-HS.
- The official prospectus of the admission processes of any given academic year along with the application form can be either collected from the office of the institute or can be downloaded online.
- After going through the prospectus with due diligence, the candidate must submit the application form along with the required documents that are mentioned in the next section.
- It is mandatory for the candidates along with their parent(s)/guardian to submit a Declaration at the time of admission.
- Original certificates or documents submitted during the admission process will be returned in due time after the completion of the course. Therefore, it is often recommended that the candidate must keep enough photocopies of the same before submitting.
- Admission fees once paid are not refundable. In the case wherein the candidate wants to revoke their admission and leave the institution midway, he/she is liable to pay the entire fee for the course of study.
Documents Required for Admission
Here is the list of standard papers that are necessary for admission to the BDS program
- Allotment Order.
- NEET Hall Ticket.
- Community Certificate (if applicable).
- NEET Scorecard.
- Migration Certificate (for applicants who are non-Tamil Nadu natives).
- SSLC mark sheet (a photocopy only).
- Transfer Certificate.
- 11th and 12th mark sheet.
- Eligibility Certificate (Applicants who completed their high secondary education from Tamil Nadu State Board or CBSE are exempted).
- Medical Fitness Certificate mentions the blood group of the applicant.
- Certificate of Declaration (This is a 20 INR stamp paper in the Model format that needs to be signed by the applicant, countersigned by the parent/guardian, and a witness).
- Eight copies of the applicant’s recent passport-size colored photographs with the name of the applicant written on the backside.
- Income certificate (applicable to applicants from the BC/MBC and SC/ST/SCA categories with parents’ annual income below Rs. 2 lahks and Rs. 2.5 lahks respectively).
- Aadhar Card (a photocopy only).
- Tuition Fees Receipt (the original copy).
- Nativity Certificate (applicable for applicants who are Tamil Nadu natives).
- First Graduate Certificate.
Here is the list of standard papers that are necessary for admission to the MDS program
- Three passport-size photographs of the applicant.
- One self-attested stamped (10 INR) along with a copy of the following:
- Provisional Pass Certificate/Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Applicants who have graduated from states other than Tamil Nadu must submit an Eligibility Certificate from Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University for Dental and Nursing Courses.
- Scorecard of the qualifying examination.
- Community certificate.
- Transfer Certificate and contact details from the last institute attended by the applicant.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of HRD, Govt. Of India.
- Appropriate Visa (if applicable).
Sri Venkateshwara Dental College Courses
SV College Departments
There are total 9 departments in Sri Venkateshwara Dental College:
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Conservative Dentistry.
- Oral Pathology.
- Public Health Dentistry.
- Oral Medicine & Radiology.
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- This department addresses suffering caused by severe pain and discomfort as a result of pathological oral tissues.
- The department also increases the chances of their undergraduates gaining practical knowledge by allowing them to deal with conditions like dental malocclusion and skeletal deformity.
- The department is well-equipped to provide a vast array of treatments. Some of the best appliances they have are fixed and removable orthodontic appliances to carry out growth modifications as well as to undertake corrective measures to cure facial deformity.
- This specific department addresses all issues with the restoration of damaged enamel to reach its highest functional and aesthetic capabilities.
- This is the department that ensures undergraduates muster pre-clinical and clinical level skills. These skills are vital to be able to run diagnoses of dental conditions and treatment planning. Additionally, these skills are honed to perfection to carry out follow-up medical processes as well as post-treatment care.
- This is a unique specialty in dentistry that deals with oral and dental problems in children from infancy through puberty.
- This distinction also provides preventive and interventional methods in children to limit the deterioration of oral dental tissues due to decay, subsequent contamination, and enamel malposition.
- Periodontics deals with supporting structures, notably the gums, and bones that house the tooth.
- Procedures, both invasive and non-invasive, are carried out to aid in the recovery of the aiding tissues of the enamel and its fitness.
- This dental specialty looks at the causes of oral diseases and the factors that cause them. Furthermore, it deals with the nature, effects, symptoms, and processes associated with diseases that affect the oral cavity and maxillofacial regions.
- Basic dental sciences concerning this special branch of dentistry involve a foundational understanding of morphology, histology, physiology, and much more.
- Undergraduates must be able to have a good grasp of the clinical applications of the courses to understand the histological basis of dental treatments.
Public Health Dentistry
- This specialty deals with oral and dental concerns impacting the general population.
- It provides a cure and preventative measures to people of all ages by bringing the remedy to the patient’s door.
- Clinical surveys are conducted to collect data about dental conditions.
- Periodic dental fitness camps to detect difficulties in the population and formulate solutions are another distinct feature of this branch of dentistry.
- Loss of teeth or enamel can cause a variety of issues in patients, both functionally and cosmetically.
- The artificial tooth or enamel replacement is accomplished using implants or removable prostheses that the undergraduates get acquainted with gradually under the supervision of professors.
Oral Medicine & Radiology
- This specialization examines, recognizes, and records the oral symptoms of many systemic disorders as well as dental concerns.
- It uses state-of-the-art virtual radiography, CBCT, and other technologies to assist clinicians in providing relief from oral and dental conditions and disorders.
- Orthodontics and dentofacial Orthopedics specialize in the treatment of crooked and crowded teeth, incorrect jaw members that runs in the family, and boosting facial aesthetics, resulting in a more pleasing appearance and healthier teeth.
- The college’s orthodontics department is well-prepared, with a large number of outpatients handled by highly qualified professionals. The treatment costs are quite low, which benefits people that live nearby.
- The BDS curriculum includes diagnosis and treatment planning, as well as basic orthodontic techniques.
According to DCI standards, the institution has an elaborate scheme of course curriculum that includes Human Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, General Pathology & Microbiology, General Dental Pharmacology, General Medicine, and General Surgery. Dental subjects may be covered in detail with special adherence to the DCI syllabus.
|General Human Anatomy|
|General Human Psychology, Biochemistry, Nutrition, and Dietetics|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology, and Oral History|
|Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics|
|General Pathology and Microbiology|
|Oral Pathology and Microbiology|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|Paediatrics and Preventive Dentistry|
|Orthodontics and Dental Orthopedics|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|Prosthodontics and Crown Bridge|
|Public Health Dentistry|
Sri Venkateshwara Dental College Fee Structure
- The tuition fee to pursue a BDS or an MDS degree at SV Dental College is not fixed. At the time of admission, the tuition fee will be either intimated while you will be at the cashier’s desk or will be mentioned in the admission prospectus.
- You can choose to pay the entire amount of fees in advance right before the start of the academic year.
- A minimum weekly fine of Rs. 500 will be added to the fee amount after the due date if the candidate fails to pay the fee on time. In exceptional circumstances, the management can remove your candidacy from attending classroom sessions as well as accessibility to hostel facilities due to non-payment of fees.
|Course Name||Fees/ year|
Since there is no fixed amount of tuition fee and is most likely to alter every few years, it becomes imperative for you to stay up-to-date about such information. To enable this, you should either contact an administrative executive of the institute or ring us. We are quick to action and our experienced team will be better able to guide you with the missing information.
Sri Venkateshwara Dental College Placement
Previously, BDS students had limited options. Some continued their dental education to adopt and practice a more specific branch of dentistry while others resorted to private yet general practice. However, with the rise of pioneering institutes like SV Dental College, dental sciences have broadened the scope and students are now beaming with soaring prospects in the field.
Students can choose a safe career in either the private or Government sector. With government policies in place to facilitate medical services and their accessibility to people living in towns and villages, the opportunities are enormous.
SV Dental College is unique as far as academics and research are concerned. The quality of education provided by the college is so inspirational that the inkling of pursuing further research becomes implanted in the heart of the students.
However, if you want specific details of the type of placement opportunities students from previous years were exposed to, consider contacting us whenever you deem fit. My team will make the necessary investigations through ethical means to get you the information you need.
Sri Venkateshwara Dental College Ranking
The Institution possesses the certificate of Continuation of Affiliation from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, Bangalore as per section 45 of RGUHS Act 1994, for conducting BDS Course with an intake of 40 seats for the year 2017-18. To get more facts on their ranking and acclamations or rewards won by the college across varied genres, contact us and you will not be disappointed.
SV Dental College is a well-known and reputed college in Bangalore with good infrastructure and a locality. The college boasts great teaching personnel, a good learning environment, excellent library facilities, and a commitment to producing dental graduates of exceptional performance and cultivating a culture of dedication. Furthermore, the institution provides a hostel facility with linked bathrooms for both male and female students.
Internet-Facilitated Classroom Learning
All lecture halls are fitted with LCD projectors from the nation of artwork. Internet connection across the college and hostel premises facilitates smoother transactions and fast learning processes.
They have well-equipped laboratories available for students to benefit from learning proper experimental skills.
The auditorium built inside the campus holds theatre and other cultural events. It also features dressing rooms equipped with at least one restroom. If required, there is also a price tag sales space available. The integrated sound device and decent lighting equipment are enclosed within the theatre’s apartment fee.
The library offers around 2500 volumes in all things medical and dental. It can accommodate approximately a hundred students at any given time.
The university maintains separate hostels for boys and girls. The institution has a plethora of facilities for residential college students and day scholars. CCTV cameras are installed throughout the hostels, college, and mess for the security of college students. To shield you from ragging, there is a separate lodging for Ist year BDS students. “Say No To Ragging” signs are posted in various locations of the institution.
Sports, Fitness, And Health
The college features a sports floor for athletic and sports activities. Special cultural sports are organized within the university as a kind of recreation.
Sri Venkateshwara Dental College
Address: Jigani, main road, Bannerghatta, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560083
- Phone: 63746 99530 / 88385 69018 / 98404 53005.
- Mail: email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many dentistry seats are available at SV Dental College Bangalore?
The average intake of dental students at SV Dental College Bangalore is 40.
2. What about getting a job at SV Dental College in Bangalore?
There are regular openings at SV Dental College for teaching and non-teaching staff.
3. Is there a hostel at SV Dental College in Bangalore?
Yes, SV Dental College has hostels separate for girls and boys.
4. What extra activities take place in SV Dental College?
To build an inclusive environment on campus, they hold a cultural program once a year in which virtually all students participate in one way or another.
5. What is the anti-ragging program of SV Dental College Bangalore?
Students might attend an anti-ragging assembly to raise awareness that the practice of ragging is punitive and illegal.
You can also check the following link below:
Take a Moment:
It would be great if you could post a review in the comment box below regarding your experiences at Sri Venkateshwara Dental College being an alumnus or a student pursuing a degree in dentistry. It won’t take much of your time, but it’ll surely assist dentistry aspirants in their future careers.