Engineering is the application of science creatively, using mathematical tools and empirical evidence, concerning construction, design, and innovation, as well as maintenance of buildings, structures, machinery, and devising systems, processes, and organizations.
When you pursue the course, you get an in-depth understanding of the various aspects of building and construction. To get admission, you must have basic knowledge about subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. There are around 55 specializations in the engineering stream across colleges in Bangalore.
Karnataka is the State with the top colleges in the country. Bangalore City is known as the Information Technology and Commercial Capital, with headquarters of major multinational companies. Engineering is the most preferred course among students.
There are 109 Colleges, out of which there are 101 Private and 8 Government engineering colleges. In this post, you will learn more about the admission procedure, engineering specializations, placements, rankings, etc., to get Engineering Admission in Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- Engineering Admission in Bangalore
- Eligibility Criteria for Engineering Admission in Bangalore
- Engineering Specializations in Bangalore
- Fees Structure in the Top Engineering Colleges in Bangalore
- Placements and Scope
- Rankings of Top Engineering Colleges in Bangalore
- Frequently Asked Questions
Engineering Admission in Bangalore
Engineering Admissions in Bangalore are based on the entrance examinations. Aspirants can appear for the state-level and national-level entrance examinations for engineering admissions. COMEDK and KEA are the two state-level authorities conducting entrance examinations for engineering admissions in the top colleges in Karnataka.
For admissions to B. Tech programs, you must qualify in examinations such as KCET, COMEDK, and JEE Mains. The registration Process for the KCET will begin in May 2023; COMEDK registration began on 15 February 2023. The registration for JEE MAINS will start on 12th March 2023. Important Dates for the various entrance examinations are mentioned below:
Important Dates of Engineering Entrance Examinations
|Commencement of Application Submission||February 2023|
|Final Submission Date of Application||March 2023|
|Issue of Admit Card||April 2023|
|Date of Examination||May 2023|
|Commencement of Application Submission||15 February 2023|
|Final Submission Date of Application||24 April 2023|
|Issue of Admit Card||18 May 2023- 28 May 2023|
|Date of Examination||10 June 2023|
- JEE Mains
|Commencement of Application Submission||14 February 2023|
|Final Submission Date of Application||12 March 2023|
|Issue of Admit Card||March 2023|
|Date of Examination(Phase II)||6, 8, 10, 11, 12 April 2023|
If you want to understand more about the importance of 12th-grade marks in engineering admissions, read my detailed post on:
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering Admission in Bangalore
The admission guidelines of the various colleges are decided by the admission selection committee, which is set up by the respective college. Admission Procedure is formulated by the State Government as well as the AICTE. Admissions to the engineering programs in top colleges are based on the ranking as well as academic performance of the students. To do that, you must first become eligible to apply for the course. Various eligibility criteria for undergraduate B. Tech, Post Graduate M. Tech and Doctoral Ph. D Program is mentioned below:
Eligibility Criteria for UG Courses B.Tech)
B.E(Bachelor of Engineering) and B. Tech(Bachelor of Technology) are UG courses for a duration of 4 years. If you are going to pursue any of them, then you must first satisfy the eligibility criteria:
- Aspirants must have passed 12th Standard/ 10+2/ PUC from a recognized college or institution.
- Students must have taken Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in their qualifying examinations.
- He/ She must have an aggregate score of at least 60% in the subjects.
- Candidates who have passed a 3-year Diploma from the Board of Technical Education are eligible to apply for lateral entry in the 2nd year of the UG Program. The minimum score must be 45%.
Documents Required for UG Course (B.Tech)
Documents Required for getting admissions to UG Course (B.Tech) are:
- 10th and 12th Standard Marksheets.
- Study Certificate.
- Category Certificate.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Printout of the Application Form.
- Entrance Examination Scorecard.
- Identity Proof.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Course (M.Tech)
M.E(Master of Engineering) or M. Tech( Master of Technology) are PG Courses for a duration of 2 years. The eligibility Criteria that you must fulfill to get admission to the programs are:
- He/ She must have completed B.E or B. Tech from a recognized institution with a valid GATE score.
- Aspirants who have finished a 5-year course in Applied Science are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates with M. Sc Degree specializations in Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer or any other can also apply.
- MCA Degree with specializations like Software Engineering Design can also apply.
Documents Required for PG Course (M.Tech)
Documents Required for admissions to PG Course (M.Tech) are:
- 10th Class Certificate.
- 12th Class Certificate.
- B.E/B. Tech Course Certificate.
- Entrance Examination Scorecard(PGCET or GATE).
- Application form for Karnataka PGCET Students.
- Domicile Certificate.
- SC/ST/Category Certificate.
- PGCET Examination Hall Ticket.
Eligibility Criteria for Doctoral (Ph.D.) Program
Ph.D. or Doctor of Philosophy is a three to a five-year professional degree that emphasizes technical knowledge and computer science. The eligibility criteria for admission to Ph. D Program are:
- Candidates must have completed postgraduate degrees in Engineering, Technology, Computer Science, and Pharmacy from a recognized University.
- The minimum aggregate of 55% is eligible for the course admission.
Documents Required for Doctoral (Ph.D.) Program
Documents Required for Doctoral(Ph. D) Program are:
- Post Graduate Degree Certificate.
- Year Wise Mark Sheet of the PG Course.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Caste/Category/SC/ST Certificate.
Engineering Specializations in Bangalore
There are more than 15 specializations offered in the engineering stream. The course gives an in-depth understanding of the basics of engineering. Specializations vary from one college to another. Some of the most popular specializations opted for by engineering students are:
- Aeronautical Engineering.
- Aerospace Engineering.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Biomechanical Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Computer Science.
- Electronics and Communication.
- Information Science.
- Instrumentation Technology.
- Software Engineering.
- Telecommunication Engineering. And
- Industry Engineering and Manufacturing.
Fees Structure in the Top Engineering Colleges in Bangalore
The engineering fee structure for the top engineering colleges is fixed by the respective colleges, Affiliated Universities, and the respective State Governments. The course fees include the following:
- Admission Fees.
- Tuition Fees.
- Registration Fees.
- Laboratory Fees.
- Examination Fees.
- Uniform Fees.
- Library Fees.
- Affiliation Fees.
- Session Fees.
- Hostel Fees.
- Transportation Fees. and
- Mess Charges.
Students are supposed to pay for the hostel and mess charges separately. These fees vary according to the college.
If you are interested to know the management quota fees structure for the top engineering colleges in Bangalore, then click on the link given below:
- Management Quota Fees for Engineering Colleges in Bangalore.
Placements and Scope
Placements are the most critical aspect of any college. Engineering Colleges offer the best training and placement on campus. Top Engineering Colleges in Bangalore attract multinational companies and recruitment activities in the respective institutions. The city is the hub of IT firms, software companies, and corporates.
Every College has a placement cell that looks after the final placements and internships for all the students. They organize conferences, seminars, workshops, and guest lectures for the overall personality development of the graduates to make them industry ready. Graduates and Post Graduates are offered handsome and lucrative salary packages.
Job Profiles After Engineering
Where will I get a good job? Which Companies come for placements? These are the queries in the mind of every graduate. Don’t worry. Let me help you. Engineering is among the most preferred streams among students. Job opportunities are available across various sectors. Popular job profiles available these days are:
- Building Service Engineer.
- Construction Manager.
- Geotechnical Engineer.
- Data Analyst.
- Aeronautical Engineer.
- Materials Scientists.
- Maintenance Engineer.
- Control and Instrumentation Engineer.
- Biomedical Engineer.
- Project Manager.
- Town Planner.
- Structural Engineer and many more.
Top Recruiters for Engineering Graduates
Engineering is considered to be amongst the most handsomely paid streams. The salary packages differ according to the experience in the specialized field. Minimum package offerings are around INR 5 LPA, and the maximum package is around INR 10 LPA. Top Recruiters coming for placements of freshers and experienced graduates are:
- Tata Group.
- Reliance Industries.
- Kotak Securities.
Rankings of Top Engineering Colleges in Bangalore
Engineering Colleges are the most remarkably desired across the country. Bangalore is the hub of engineering, manufacturing, Information Technology, and software companies. A city is a place of opportunities for professionals and engineering graduates.Several organizations and newspapers decide the rankings of the top engineering colleges. There are several factors on which rankings are based are:
- Course Curriculum.
- Experienced Teaching Faculty.
- Sports Facilities.
- Infrastructure Amenities.
- Training and Placements.
- Research and Development.
- Packages Offered.
- Hostel and mess facility.
- Reviews of the major stakeholders.
NIRF Rankings 2022
National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) is a method used by the Ministry of Education, Government of India. The framework provides guidelines for ranking educational institutions and Universities. There are several parameters teaching, learning, research and outcomes, graduation inclusivity, and perception. As per the NIRF Ranking 2022, there are 163 Engineering Courses in 1497 Courses. Some of the essential highlights of NIRF 2022 are:
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, International Institute of Informational Technology, and BMS College of Engineering are the top-ranked colleges.
- To get admission to the courses, candidates must write entrance examinations such as JEE Mains, GATE, KCET, PGCET, etc.
- The course fee structure of the top engineering colleges is between INR 3 LPA to INR 12 LPA.
- The students get placements of around INR 14 to INR 16 LPA.
Top Engineering Colleges According to NIRF Rankings 2022
|BMS Institute of Technology and Management Bangalore||199|
|Christ University Bangalore||189|
|Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology Bangalore||183|
|R V College of Engineering Bangalore||89|
|M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore||67|
Times Ranking 2022
Times of India is a daily newspaper and outlet media in the country. It is the top-selling newspaper in India. The Times of India rankings are based on several criteria. The ranking of the top engineering colleges as per the Times Ranking 2022 are:
|BMS College of Engineering Bangalore||7|
|Alliance University, Bangalore||13|
|RNS Institute of Technology Bangalore||149|
|The Oxford College of Engineering Bangalore||152|
- As per the Times Ranking 2022, BMS College of Engineering Bangalore is ranked 7th, Reva University is 12th, and Alliance University ranks 13th among the top engineering colleges.
Bangalore is the hub of the top engineering colleges in Karnataka. To get engineering admission to top colleges in Bangalore, the aspirants should have a minimum cut-off in the entrance examinations. When deciding on your college preference, you must consider several factors. You must review the college ranking, course structure, placements, etc. My advice to you would be to analyze the factors and then make your decision. I am wishing you the best of luck for a bright future!
You can also go through my detailed article about engineering admission through management quota.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.What are the entrance examinations to get engineering admission in Bangalore?
The entrance examinations through which you can get engineering admission in Bangalore are KCET, COMEDK and JEE Mains.
2. Which is the top ranked college as per NIRF 2022 Rankings?
As per NIRF 2022 Rankings, the top ranked college is M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology.
3. What are the course fees for M S Ramaiah College of Technology?
The course fees for M S Ramaiah College of Technology is INR 10 LPA.
4.How many specializations are offered in the Engineering stream?
There are 15 specializations offered in the Engineering stream.
5. Who are the Top Recruiters for Engineering graduates?
The Top Recruiters for Engineering Graduates are Tata Group, Reliance Industries, Google, HP, Amazon, Wipro, Capgemini and many more.
6. What is the eligibility criteria for getting admission to B.Tech?
Students should pass their 12th Standard with PCM having an aggregate score of 60%.
7. How much is the time taken to complete the B.Tech Course?
The time taken to complete the B. Tech Course is 4 years.
8.How many engineering colleges are there in Bangalore?
There are 109 Engineering Colleges, out of which 101 are private colleges and 8 are government institutions.