Hi All! Welcome to the exclusive post for all MBA aspirants about MBA Admission in India from the best educational portal in India, CareerMudhra. This guide is for candidates who want to take admission into any branch of MBA in India.
First of all, I would suggest you attend national, regional or institute-wise entrance exams, which will give you a better hand while taking admission in some management colleges. I will explain the complete procedure for MBA admission.
In this detailed article, I will tell you about the following:
Table of Contents
- The scope of the MBA:
- Advantages of Joining MBA:
- Skills which will be developed after joining MBA:
- MBA Admission Procedures:
- List of Entrance Exams for MBA Admission:
- Best MBA Specializations:
- How to Select a Good MBA College?
- Frequently Asked Questions About MBA Admission:
- 1. How is the course structure of an MBA?
- 2. What are the options for higher studies after MBA?
- 3. What all recognition’s are needed for MBA or PGDM college?
- 4. Does work experience give any advantage for MBA admissions?
- 5. Is there any guarantee that I will get placed?
- 6. Will I be able to get an educational loan for MBA?
- 7. How to get Direct Admission into MBA?
- 8. What are the eligibility criteria for taking MBA admission?
- 9. Is it compulsory to clear the entrance exam to get MBA admission?
- 10. Which is the best specialization in MBA?
- 11. Are MBA and PGDM the same?
- Why Choose Our MBA Admission Service? – The Features
- Benefits of Our MBA Admission Consultancy Service
- Recommended List of Colleges for MBA Admission:
- List of MBA Colleges We deal with:
- Conclusion: Wrapping it Up
The scope of the MBA:
MBA means Master of Business Administration, and it is one of the best and reputable degrees available in India. MBA also has a wide scope in future as it deals with international quality business management techniques.
Most of the known entrepreneurs around the globe are MBA holders. The top VC, CEO, Directors, etc are also MBA holders. It also gives you great exposure to e-commerce management, decision systems, and support systems.
With MBA you also have a chance to work as a:
- Project head.
- Information technology consultant.
- Database Manager.
- Application developer management.
- System analysts etc.
MBA will surely explore your knowledge, management skills, etc.
Advantages of Joining MBA:
MBA has many advantages and the best ones which surprised me are:
- Great development in personality.
- Excellent skills in time and money management.
- A great difference in communication skills.
- Improved explanation and presentation skills.
- Guaranteed development of self-confidence in building up your own company from scratch.
- Get a chance to experience and know the different places, cultures,s and more.
Skills which will be developed after joining MBA:
You will be able to develop many skills after joining and completing an MBA. The major skills which will be developed are:
- Entrepreneurship skills.
- Business skills.
- Communication skills.
- Research skills.
- Situation and pressure management.
- Networking skills.
- Business understanding.
These are just basic and major skill developments I had seen. Apart from these skills, there are also a lot of skills which will be developed.
MBA Admission Procedures:
The process of MBA admission opens in July and August of every year. The admission will be open for almost two to three months. But, in case if you are targeting colleges likes IIM, XLRI, SIBM, etc, then their procedures will be open between July to August.
Other top MBA institutes like IMI, FMS, MDI, etc open their admissions in September – October and it will close by year-end. To take admission in MBA in India, you must understand the admission procedure correctly.
To be frank, different colleges keep different rules or scores for MBA admissions. Almost all the top MBA colleges in India have similar admission procedures.
You must apply for entrance exams like CAT, XAT, MAT, etc depending upon the institute you want to join. The top colleges keep a basic score which is needed for MBA admission in a specific college.
For example, if you want to join IIM, then they only take into consideration your CAT score. Similarly, if you want to join XLRI, then you must score well in XAT.
The basic step for MBA admission are:
- Registering and attending the required entrance exam.
- The institutes will shortlist the candidates on different parameters.
- Final admission including Group discussion etc.
You can also read our complete and exclusive article about the MBA admission process and get more and in-depth detail about it.
List of Entrance Exams for MBA Admission:
The major entrance exams if you want to get MBA admission in India is:
- CAT or Common Admission Test: This entrance exam is conducted by IIM and many other institutes also take into consideration the CAT score.
- XAT or Xavier Aptitude Test: This exam is conducted by the Xavier Institute of Management.
- GMAT or Graduate Management Aptitude Test: This test is conducted by GMAC Institute.
- CMAT or Common Management Admission Test: This entrance exam is conducted by AICTE.
- MAT or Management Aptitude Test: This entrance exam is conducted by AIMA or the All India Management Association.
- ATMA or AIMS Test of Management Admissions: ATMA is an entrance exam conducted by AIMS.
- NMAT or NMIMS Management Aptitude Test: This entrance exam is conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council or GMAC.
- SNAP or Symbiosis National Aptitude Test: This entrance exam is conducted by one of the MBA colleges, that is Symbiosis.
- IIFT Entrance Exam: This is an entrance exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade.
- IRMA Entrance Exam: This entrance exam is conducted by the Institute of Rural Management Anand.
- MICAT or MICA Admission Test: The exam is conducted by MICA Ahmedabad.
- TISSNET Entrance Exam: This exam is conducted by the TATA Institute of Social Sciences.
Apart from these, there are a lot of entrance exams held by associations, private colleges, and a lot more. You can choose which all exams to attend and take an MBA admission.
Best MBA Specializations:
There are different branches or specializations of MBA in India. Here I would like to give you a clear idea of the best branches in the MBA. The few specializations are:
- Human Resource or HR.
- Hospital Administration.
- Retail Management.
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- Business Leadership.
- E-Commerce Marketing and Management.
- International Marketing.
- Risk Management.
- Investment Management.
- Rural Management.
- Strategic Finance.
- Business Analytics.
- Pharma Management.
- Innovation Management.
- Project Leadership and Management.
- Foreign Trade and Global Business Management.
- Investment banking and Wealth Management.
- Business Analytics and Intelligence.
- Insurance Management.
- Telecom Management.
- Operations and Production Management.
- E-Business Management.
- General Management.
- International Business.
- Tourism and Hospitality.
There are also a few technical MBA specializations like:
- Oil and Gas Management.
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Management.
- Management of Power.
They are specializations of IT-related MBA like:
- IT and Systems.
- Information Technology Management.
- Management Information Systems.
How to Select a Good MBA College?
I am writing this section because I had seen many students being dumped into the worst institutes. Most of the candidates join colleges, without even knowing the basic details about it. So I had just made a checklist to make it easy for students to select a good MBA college.
Before even searching for colleges, first set a budget you can afford and also see your entrance scores.
You are doing your masters for a steady and wealthy life and career. So the placement records of the college matter a lot.
You might have seen ads running in social media where the institute claims to have 100% Placements, right? Yeah, it might be true. You will get a job for sure.
Research which all companies are attending the college, what are the salary packages etc. I had seen candidates to work in companies for 6 months as an intern without salary and later being paid very low.
Choose colleges that provide both national and international placements.
Choose colleges where you have great faculties. They will teach well and keeping a healthy relationship with influential people will give you more contacts and the chances of getting a job are high.
Campus placements are not everything. 😛
A good college will surely have a good infrastructure. I am not telling you about the campus area or how big the college is. The quality of teaching and basics matters.
The college must have more than basic facilities like a good library and all.
MBA Admission Affordable Fees:
See whether the college provides you MBA admission at an affordable fee. The fee depends on the college, so I can just conclude it like this.
Scholarships are not provided by all the MBA colleges in India. But few management colleges do provide it. Search it online or through your contacts about which all colleges provide scholarships.
I have a few MBA colleges that are ready to provide scholarships for selected students with good scores and marks. If you have a good score, you can let me know about it and I will try my best to make a deal with the institute.
Hostel and Food
It is a myth that all the colleges in India provide the worst hostel facility and unhealthy food. There are a lot of colleges that provide great hostel and accommodations.
Have a word with students who are already studying there and know more about the hostel facility.
But, most of the candidates I had placed in management college stay outside by taking single rooms.
Location and Climatic Condition
Select colleges which are located in places with good climatic conditions. There are colleges in dry places where the water will surely be impure. This is the reason I place most of my candidates in Bangalore.
Make sure the college is not located on the outskirts of the city. This is especially for girl candidates. For girls, it would be really safe if the college is in the heart of the city.
Frequently Asked Questions About MBA Admission:
1. How is the course structure of an MBA?
MBA courses are of three types – part-time, full time and executive. MBA is a two-year course for full time in which the second year will be a kind of internship.
The core subjects of MBA are:
- Business analytics.
- Business communication.
2. What are the options for higher studies after MBA?
After post-graduation of MBA you have few choices for higher education like:
- Doctor of Management or D.M.
- Eng. D Engineering Doctorate.
- FPM or Fellow Program in Management: It is equal to an international or global Ph.D. degree.
- D.Phil in Management.
- DBM or Doctor of Business Management.
3. What all recognition’s are needed for MBA or PGDM college?
Colleges affiliated to universities provide MBA and PGDM are provided by the colleges only. In India, major accreditation is by:
- UGC or University Grants Commission.
- DEC or Distance Educational Council.
- AIU or Associations of Indian University.
- AICTE or All India Council for Technical Education.
- NAAC or National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
4. Does work experience give any advantage for MBA admissions?
Yes, it is true that few colleges keep work experience as a plus point. But there is no specific chart or quota for experienced people.
5. Is there any guarantee that I will get placed?
Placements depend on the candidate’s scores, performance, aptitude, etc. We can guarantee you that companies will visit the college, and to crack the interviews depends only on you.
6. Will I be able to get an educational loan for MBA?
Yes, of course! You can apply for educational loans through your nearest banks and supporting documents will be provided by us if you take admission through us.
As of our experience, loan up to 4 lakhs you, don’t have to keep any guarantee and for educational loans above 4 lakhs, you must keep something as a guarantee.
7. How to get Direct Admission into MBA?
Every college will be having the management or NRI seats, which you can secure by directly contacting the college. You can easily get an MBA admission through the management quota.
8. What are the eligibility criteria for taking MBA admission?
Eligibility criteria depend on different colleges and universities. Generally, 50% of marks in your graduation is mandatory. There are many colleges that will give take candidates with 40% marks too.
But in reputed MBA colleges, they will also ask for 80-90% marks in your graduation.
9. Is it compulsory to clear the entrance exam to get MBA admission?
Yes, it is compulsory to clear entrance exams conducted by colleges or associations. Different colleges and different universities take different exams into consideration for MBA admission.
10. Which is the best specialization in MBA?
There are many specializations available in MBA like HR, Marketing, Finance, etc. Choosing a specialization depends on the candidates are of interest and the future of the specialization. There are few colleges that provide dual specializations too.
11. Are MBA and PGDM the same?
MBA means Master of Business Administration and PGDM means Post Graduate Diploma in Management. MBA is a degree offered by an institute recognized by a university.
Autonomous institutes cannot offer MBA and they provide PGDM. Institutes like IIM’s provide PGP or Post Graduate Program.
Why Choose Our MBA Admission Service? – The Features
Here I would like to let all the candidates out there about my MBA admission consulting services.
As I had been into professional studies, I had faced a lot of problems for admissions after my schooling. So, I had come up with the best features to help all my clients.
I had listed all my MBA consulting service features, you can go through that and let me know the reviews in the comments.
- College Tour: We provide a free college tour in Bangalore city and our team will show you all the colleges in Bangalore within your budget and score.
- College Selection: We have a very good team of people who can help you select a college with your scope, budget, and demands. We are tied up with more than 30 management colleges in India, which gives us a better reach.
- Advanced Seat Booking Facility: We can help the candidates book MBA seats in reputed colleges in India easily. This makes sure you secure your seat and have a great career ahead.
- Easy Installment Fee Payment: As most of our clients are middle-class people, we know their requirements. We can surely help in taking time for making fee payments easily. You can pay your fees yearly at your ease.
- The arrangement of Loan Paper: To get an educational loan from any bank, you have to submit supporting documents including loan papers. We can help you in getting the required documents from colleges and universities, so fast processing of your loans.
- Dedicated MBA Wing: Every year we place hundreds of candidates to different MBA colleges in India. At one point, the situation was that we had to make an MBA wing to deal with such a number of students.
- Best After Support: Yes, this is one unique feature we provide. Most MBA admission consultants don’t care for their candidates once the procedures are over. During your years of studies, we will surely help you in any situation with the institute. So, we decided to make it simpler for candidates, by giving well after support. Even after years, many of my candidates are in contact with me. And our most candidates are referrals. 😛
- Career Support: We place all our candidates in reputed colleges only. But in some cases, we help our candidates get a job. We are partnered with a few good HR consultancies in India, who will help you secure a job easily. We are always happy to help our clients. 😀
- No Donation: We are also partnered with many colleges that never ask for any kind of donation and provide direct admission in MBA without any donations.
Benefits of Our MBA Admission Consultancy Service
I provide my clients with great useful benefits, which will surely help during their studies. The major benefits are:
- Scholarships: We can help you receive scholarships depending on your entrance scores or any other criteria which the college accepts. It completely depends on the institutes, they might reduce your fees or give any other benefit.
- International Tour: We will provide our candidates with International Tour by partnering with the institutes. And it won’t be chargeable.
- Industrial Visit in India: We can surely have a talk with the college management and provide you options for IV in India.
- Free Laptop: Few institutes also provide free laptops for candidates who have joined through CareerMudhra. 😀
You might be thinking about how we are able to provide you these benefits, right? It is simple. The college will provide each benefit depending on the number of students I place.
So, all these depend on institutes, but I can surely help you out with these.
Do you want to take an MBA admission through us now? It’s real simple, just click on the below number and you can get me there. I will surely help you out.
Not Interested to Take Admission through Us?
Not at all a problem! You can go through the best educational consultants in your area and move forward.
But, before choosing an MBA educational consultant I would tell you to keep a few things in mind. I will list down the things you must check before choosing a genuine MBA educational consultant.
For MBA admission in India, choose educational consultants who :
- Are partnered with reputed and government-approved management colleges. They must have a very good track record.
- Have a permanent office. It makes sure that the consultant is genuine. To be frank, we deal with MBA college admissions all over India and our office is in Kerala. We will surely expand it soon.
- Competitive fees and easy installment payment options. Most of the management institutes provide installment payment options. The only thing you want to see is the fee structure. There are very few consultants who charge a hefty amount as service charges from the candidates. Be aware of that!
- Provides loan support.
- Have a history of dealing with reputed and affiliated management colleges only.
- Provides excellent after support. And this is our USP, we are the best in after support.
These would be the things that I would check while choosing an MBA educational consultant.
Recommended List of Colleges for MBA Admission:
In this list, we are not including colleges like IIM’s. This list is purely from the base for management colleges with great placements and rankings.
You won’t be aware of many colleges on the list, but I guarantee you that these colleges are checked personally for quality, placement, faculty, etc.
- XLRI – Xavier School of Management.
- Great Lakes Institute of Management.
- TA Pai Management Institute.
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies.
- Symbiosis Center for Management and HR Development, Pune.
- Alliance School of Business.
- LN Welingkar Institute of Management.
- Christ University.
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology.
- St.Joseph Institute of Management Studies.
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration.
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Management.
- Goa Institute of Management.
- Amity Business School.
- VIT Business School.
- PSG Institute of Management.
- GNANAM B School.
- Hallmark B School.
- Rajagiri Center for Business Studies.
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
- SCMS Cochin School of Business.
- PES University.
- Amrita School of Business.
- DC School of Management.
List of MBA Colleges We deal with:
These are the list of management colleges we deal with and where we will be able to provide you with MBA admissions, scholarships and other benefits.
- Christ University.
- Presidency University.
- Acharya Institute of Management.
- Jain University.
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Management.
- Ramaiah Institute of Management Studies.
- Regional College of management.
- DC College of Management.
- CMS College of Science and Commerce.
- Mysore Royal Academy or MYRA.
- Dayanand Sagar College of Management.
- Garden City College.
- CMR University.
- East-West College.
- Oxford College of Management.
- Aditya College of Management.
- Brindavan College of management.
- Amity Global Business School.
- Indian Academy.
- Hillside College of Management.
- New Horizon College.
- Hindusthan College of Arts and Science.
- RVS College of Arts and Science.
- Acharya Bangalore Business School.
- Alliance University.
- Kristu Jayanti College.
- Hallmark Business School.
- RR College of Management.
- AJK Institute of Management.
- Jai Bharath Arts and Science College.
- Gnanam Business School.
- SRM University.
- SDM Institute of Management.
- Reva University.
- Koshys Institute of Management Studies.
- Mount Carmel College.
- St.George College of Management Science.
- Sambaram Academy of Management Studies.
- SCMS Cochin.
- Rajagiri Center for Management Studies.
- Elijah Institute of Management Studies.
- Jawahar Lal College of Engineering and Technology.
- Jyoti Nivas College.
- Krupanidhi College.
- East Point College.
- T John College.
- AJ Institute of Management.
If you are looking for MBA admission in Bangalore, MBA admission in Chennai, and MBA admission in Kerala you can call our MBA admission expert and get more details about the fee structure, process, and more.
Conclusion: Wrapping it Up
Eureka! I guess I had helped you clear all your doubts through this detailed article. I had tried my best to include all the related information regarding MBA admission here.
If you loved this information feel free to share this article with people in need.
If you have any questions in your mind you can drop down a comment and I will try my best to revert back ASAP. For MBA admission queries you can contact me via phone and WhatsApp at +91-9606117009.