Hey! Welcome to yet another informative blog that will clear up any misconception you may have concerning universities where you may register for future education. You may be concerned about how you are going to gather information about renowned dental institutions; however, relax! since this article will cover all of the details regarding Rayat Bahra Dental College Mohali. Continue reading till the conclusion, and we are confident that you will obtain immense knowledge that will assist you in making a move.
Table of Contents
- Rayat Bahra Dental College Overview
- Rayat Bahra Dental College Admissions
- RBDCH Courses and Departments
- Rayat Bahra Dental College Fees
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Rayat Bahra Dental College Ranking
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Rayat Bahra Dental College Overview
Rayat Bahra Dental College and Hospital (RBDCH), founded in 2010, is an authorised dental college which began with the idea of GS Bahra and NS Rayat. Recognised by the Ministry of Health & Welfare and the Dental Council of India, the institution aspires to provide excellent education and relevant experience to students aiming for a prosperous future in the Dental and Maxillofacial area.
|Rayat Bahra Dental College, Mohali
|Chandigarh-Ropar NH 205, Greater Mohali, Punjab.
|Dr Tarun Kalra
|Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot
|Dental Council of India, Government of India
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
|Male and Female
- Since its foundation, the institution has worked to establish a reputation for excellence in dental education, oral health care, and community involvement.
- The facilities and equipment meet the criteria of the Dental Council of India and are on par with the leading institutions in the country.
- It is their goal to assist students in whatever way they can. They encourage the students to thrive, they have well-qualified and experienced teachers, open forums for debate, and frequent assignments and evaluations.
- Their faculty includes some of the most renowned names in the industry, they believe that every person is special in their way, and they work hard to bring out the best in each of their pupils.
- The institution has lately established the notion of mentors, with one mentor allocated to five pupils. This allows the student to talk about and address any urgent topic, whether personal or intellectual.
- To become a pioneer in the fields of transformational education and advanced learning, where they can produce highly skilled, knowledgeable, and intelligent human capital of the highest calibre and enable students to pursue a variety of academic and professional interests.
- To provide every aspirant learner with an advanced, adequate, and ample opportunity platform with accessible and affordable learning centres to gain practical and hands-on experience necessary to compete in the global market while maintaining his or her cultural roots and values.
- To develop, distribute, and use new technologies and ideas via research, partnerships, technical collaborations, and community involvement in a dynamic and always demanding environment to deliver excellence in higher and advanced education.
- To maintain and improve educational standards, programme quality, and the quality of the learning environment.
- To have a significant influence on a large number of learners through skill-based and professional courses, employability quotient, and experiential learning using a tailored, industry-reviewed curriculum.
- To play a key role and establish itself as a powerful platform for speaking out on innovation at the national and international levels, leading India to the front of the world.
Why Choose RBDCH?
The institute is dedicated to providing an ideal living and learning environment. The activities, services, and facilities are all geared at promoting students’ development so they can realise their full potential. They offer numerous chances for learning. The Rayat Bahra Dental College serves as yet another home for students from all origins. The atmosphere is ideal for exchanging wisdom and insights.
The campus malls, banks, and convenience stores are in the students’ limelight, these facilities make their life easier. Modern amenities are available on the campus but it is surrounded by green trees that keep the environment pollution free. The location of the institute is in an urban setting where accessing various facilities is way easier.
They offer play areas and courts for sports like cricket, football, badminton, volleyball, basketball etc. The cultural festival and sports day are annual co-curricular activities that are organised on campus.
The institute is blessed with highly experienced and qualified instructors, resources, staff, and instructional methods. The use of intellect and lateral thinking is promoted among the students here. Not just textbooks but also current journal references, many of which are available in their library, are promoted as learning tools.
- Mentor Support
For students who need assistance with their academics or careers, the instructors and staff are present on campus all day. For students dealing with stress, sadness, emotional difficulties, and family issues, counselling help is also offered. This type of support is exceptional and helps children do better academically while maintaining strict confidentiality about the support provided.
There are enough classrooms on campus, and each one is furnished with contemporary training and teaching materials as well as air conditioning. There are all the amenities of a modern classroom, including a whiteboard, screen, flannel board, and all the essential audiovisual equipment.
Rayat Bahra Dental College Admissions
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS):
- Duration: 4 years 6 months + 1-year internship.
- Intake: 100.
- Before being accepted into the BDS program, applicants must be 17 years old as of December 31 of the admission year.
- The candidate must have passed the 10+2 exam or a comparable examination, with physics, biology, and chemistry serving as their main subject areas.
- Candidates from the general category must have received at least a 50% overall grade in the subjects of physics, chemistry, biology, and English, as well as passing grades in each of these disciplines separately.
- Candidates from the ST, SC, and OBC categories must have received at least a 40% overall grade in the subjects of physics, chemistry, biology, and English, as well as passing grades in each of these disciplines separately.
- The applicant must have acquired qualifying marks in NEET Punjab, for admission to the BDS program.
- For state counselling, the Rayat Bahra Dental College cut-off for applicants in the general category is the 50th percentile, and for those in the ST/SC/OBC categories, it is the 40th percentile.
- NEET test admit card and Rank Letter.
- Birth certificate or Class 10th Report Card (for date of birth).
- Class 12 grade card.
- I.D. proof (passport, driving licence, Aadhar, and PAN card).
- 8 passport-size images.
- Allocation letter.
- Caste certificate (if applicable).
- PwD certificate (if applicable).
RBDCH Courses and Departments
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
For those interested in dentistry, the institute solely provides an undergraduate curriculum whose courses are well-structured and defined as deemed fit by the DCI and the college departments.
|Students who wish to work as dentists in primary healthcare centres must take this course. It is a five-year 6 months program with four years 6 months of classroom education and one year of required rotatory internship.
|To train and expose students to dental sciences, procedures and operations.
The following departments carry out the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) program:
|The goal of this department is to make students understand the process of treating broken, periapical teeth, and discoloured teeth. The department imparts comprehensive information, mastery of necessary skills, and dedication.
|They impart ways of treating Temporomandibular joint problems, advanced aesthetic rehabilitation, whole mouth rehabilitation, removable partial denture prosthesis, fixed partial denture prosthesis, and complete denture prosthesis.
|Public Health Dentistry
|They are concerned with training dental students in expanding their understanding of and proficiency in the welfare and oral health of the community, the department also hosts many camps.
|This department is devoted to the prevention, identification, and treatment of conditions that damage the gum tissue that surrounds and supports teeth and other dental prostheses, such as dental implants. With the most modern instruments available, the department offers a unique undergraduate curriculum.
|They have academic and clinically accomplished faculty and have generated several rank holders who are now successfully practising medicine in India and abroad. The department has all the laboratory equipment and materials required for diverse jobs, including vacuum moulding units, archmages, electropolishing devices, hydrosolder and light curing units, welders, etc.
|Pediatric And Preventive Dentistry
|For students to treat patients in any challenging situation, the programme provides both intellectual and practical training. They seek to teach students how to deal with children’s behavioural problems and how to make the children feel comfortable.
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
|The department is closely integrated in terms of its teaching goals, research endeavours, and patient care to gain information and awareness of the causes, diagnoses, and treatment strategies of many major and minor oral and maxillofacial surgery issues. This is made feasible by the department’s extremely dedicated professors cooperating to achieve these goals.
|The department participates in providing exceptional possibilities. The department has state-of-the-art equipment that may be used to conduct research projects. The department has the most up-to-date equipment.
Rayat Bahra Dental College Fees
The following table illustrates the Rayat Bahra Dental College fee structure for the new BDS entrance:
|Annual Fee (INR)
|Annual Fee (INR)
|Annual Fee (INR)
Note: For international students, the fee structure may differ.
The following table displays scholarships for the complete duration of the course:
|Waiver in Tuition Fee (in %)
|In the case of a student whose both parents are deceased
|To the student whose father is deceased
|Ward of Employee Concession
|Education Concession for Older Students to Promote Higher Education
|As per policy
The student must maintain a CGPA of at least 6 while remaining academically on track. However, if there is any more Supplementary/backlog, the scholarship or concession will be revoked for that specific time frame or semester and reinstated for the following semesters after the student clears the backlog.
Based on university/board results during the course:
|Waiver in Tuition Fee (in %)
|Students who have a CGPA of at least 9 and have acquired any position from 1st to 3rd.
Placements & Career Opportunities
Their in-house training team, placement team, training partners, assessment agencies, career counsellors, industry training partners, and entrepreneur development team are just a few of the qualified groups they have on hand to assist students in meeting any problem head-on.
Functions of Placement Cell
- Interaction with corporate entities for internship and employment purposes.
- Transferring industry experts’ recommendations to the relevant academic departments for possible follow-up action to address student weaknesses.
- Conducting workshops, seminars, guest lectures, and visits to the industry.
- To provide entrepreneurial guidance.
- Providing training to students and Faculty.
After completing the 4-year, 6-month BDS programme, students must complete a 1-year, paid internship at a dental organisation of their choice.
Upon completion of the BDS internship the students will be able to:
- Increase their clinical expertise and understanding.
- Improve their self-assurance and resourcefulness
- Establish a personal and professional network.
- Improve their spoken and written communication.
- Increase their employability.
- Gain exposure to different medical practises and circumstances.
- Develop interpersonal skills and an understanding of those from other cultures and backgrounds.
- Increase self-confidence as you expand your horizons.
RBDCH International Internship programs
To help students broaden their academic and cultural perspectives, as well as their professional knowledge base, the institute offers several international internship programmes. There, the students get the chance to engage in typical workplace activities and put their skills to use. Through travel and professional advancement, internships abroad provide students with a global experience they are unlikely to get at home.
Career Opportunities for BDS Graduates
- Government institutions and rural hospitals are potential employers for dentists. There are several government employment tests offered each year. The roles are open to those that are interested.
- A student with a B.D.S. degree could be able to work as a clinical researcher, assessing medical tools and therapies or looking into the effectiveness of medications.
- As a way to gain a deeper grasp of the subject, students might also decide to pursue an MDS degree.
- Being a Professor or Lecturer may be a potential career path because many prestigious dental institutions in India are looking for dental faculty with desired qualifications.
- Pax Edutainment Pvt. Ltd.
- Edubrain Overseas.
Rayat Bahra Dental College Ranking
The institute has received NAAC accreditation with an “A” grade. Through its various campaigns, the institution meets the requirements of both the national and international populations. The institute has held Dental Camps in a variety of urban and rural communities around India with amazing success to raise awareness of oral health.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
The library is regarded as the centre of all academic activity at Rayat Bahra Dental College, Mohali. It is a partner in every kind of research activity as well as education, not only a repository or any other service. The library is open around-the-clock because it meets the needs of both students and employees.
- Wi-Fi Campus
Students may use the 50 Mbps Internet connection, which is locally networked and connected to the main server through wifi. This connection is accessible for project work and seminar presentation preparation. With this development, the institution offers all students and staff access to the internet and an intranet for educational purposes, putting it on the level with other schools across the world.
The complete security arrangement is overseen by a senior faculty member. The whole campus, including the academic area, administration building, dormitories, and residential complex, is fully secured around the clock. Security professionals are in charge of Campus security.
For those students who require it and those who are studying remotely, they also provide a hostel service. For the benefit of the students who are away from their parents, every hostel offers a healthy environment. Each hostel contains a common area, reading room, dining room with a mess, a cafeteria open till late, an activity centre, and other essential utilities like hot water in the winter. To offer the prospective students on-site living amenities, two new hostels are being built.
Students and employees are transported to the campus from all significant cities, towns, and villages within a 60-kilometre radius by a fleet of well-maintained buses. Every driver has a phone, which makes it easier to monitor delays and whereabouts. Every van includes a record of every student who travels on that route, along with the parent’s contact information.
- ATM facility
The campus of the institute has an ATM to provide both the general public and the students and employees of the institute with a means of managing their money. There is a 24-hour ATM facility available on the college grounds to make banking simpler for the students. Financial transactions between parents and their kids are simple to do. Students living in dorms gain more from them.
The campus has a mess, and it takes great care to make sure that all of the students are given good, healthful food to eat there. Every day, breakfast, lunch, supper, and evening tea are served in the mess. The weekly menu is accessible from the person in charge of the mess; it is created by the students.
The cafeteria is a favourite hangout for the professors and students at their institute. This is where informal interactions between professors and students might take place. As a result, they have built the canteen across a big area and outfitted it with furniture to serve as a comfortable space for their students and professors.
- Food Court
The students get to enjoy the mouthwatering multi-cuisine meals there. A sizable food court with inviting seating is situated on campus. The food court has a wide selection of brands to meet everyone’s needs.
- Shopping Facility
On campus, you may find stores that provide necessities. Shop selling stationery, toiletries, and other basics for students. There are a candy store, an STD booth, and a Xerox facility on campus.
The College has an extension counter of the Oriental Bank of Commerce on its campus that serves the banking needs of the faculty and students.
Males and females may work out separately in gyms equipped with the newest exercise equipment. There are free weights, nautilus, universal, and cardio equipment accessible, and a fitness attendant is always on duty. Hostel residents are the only ones that have access to the gymnasium.
This beautiful area of the campus is where faculty development programmes, symposiums, workshops, seminars, and annual day celebrations are held. The auditorium’s interior ambience considerably improves passive cooling, and the audience experiences natural sunlight and ventilation that surrounds it.
During the time of the entrance tests, every student experiences a period of intense anxiety and distraction. We are aware of this, which is why we provide services designed exclusively for students looking to select the best college for their interests. To save you from the hassle, we’ll make the admissions procedure simple. Contact us right away to discuss how we can help you move seamlessly across the Top Dental Schools in India.
College Contact Details
Address: Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, Punjab 140301.
- Phone: 0160 500 9675.
- Email: email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the Rayat Bahra Dental College campus located?
The Rayat Bahra Dental College campus is located at Chandigarh-Ropar NH 205, Greater Mohali, Punjab, India- 140103
2. What programmes do they offer for graduates?
Currently, they do not offer any programme for graduate students.
3. How long does it take to complete the BDS programme at RBDC?
It takes 5-years and 6 months to complete the BDS programme at RBDC.
4. Do they provide transportation facilities for the students?
Yes. the provide transport facilities for the students who live within 60 km from the campus.
5. How many seats are available for BDS applicants?
There are 100 seats available for BDS aspirants.
6. Is RBDC a government institute?
No, RBDC is a private institute,
7. Do they provide hostel facilities off-campus?
No, they provide hostel facilities only on-campus. The rooms are separate for males and females.
8. What are the benefits of completing an internship at RBDC?
The candidate will acquire the practical skills required to become a dentist, they will also gain a chance to get employed at the hospital located on the institute’s campus and they may gain a chance to go abroad to complete their internship.
You can also go through my detailed post below if you are looking for other dental colleges:
Just a Moment:
It would be great if you could post a review below in the comment section below being an alumnus or a student pursuing a degree from Rayat Bahra Dental College Mohali. It won’t take much of your time but certainly, it can help budding dental aspirants in their future careers and educational endeavours.