|Apply for Admission 2023-24|
Welcome to another review of one of the best BNYS colleges in Bangalore, Karnataka. Here I’ll be giving you a piece of complete information about S-VYASA college situated in Bangalore. I’ll be talking about the courses they offer, the fee structure, their infrastructure, the facilities they provide, and such details you’ll need to know before taking admission.
These details have been collected by me through my friends and by contacting the college. The information I have given here is genuine and the best of my knowledge. I have tried to give the important details which you’d want to know if you are interested in joining the college.
I also made a list of all BNYS colleges in India state-wise.
Table of Contents
- College Overview
- Courses Available
- Facilities in Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana
- Departments and Faculties
- Eligibility for Admission
- Documents for Admission
- Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana Fee Structure
- Ranking and Reputation
- Scholarship Details
- Admission Procedure
- Application Procedure
- Contact Details
- Ownership Type: Private.
- No. of Faculties: 120.
- Campus Area: 110 acres.
- Founded Year: 1986.
- Approved by: AYUSH.
- No. of Students: 600.
- BNYS (Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences).
- Bachelor of Science in Yoga & Consciousness.
- Bachelor of Science in Yoga Therapy.
- Master of Science in Yoga Therapy.
- Master of Science (Yoga and Consciousness).
- YIC – Yoga Instructor Course.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) Yoga.
- Ph.D. – Yoga.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy.
Facilities in Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana
Here I had listed a few facilities which are available in S-VYASA college in Bangalore. The in-depth details will be updated soon. 😀
- Residential hostels.
- Study and practice blocks.
- Research centers Therapy block Libraries.
- Playing Ground.
- Nature tracks.
Departments and Faculties
In this section, you will get the complete list of departments and the faculties who are teaching in S-VYASA college, Bangalore.
- Division of Yoga & Spirituality: Dr. B Sree Jahannathan (M.A, M.Phil, Ph.D.).
Division of Yoga & Life Sciences: Dr. B R Ramakrishna(BSAM, BAMS, MD, MSc, PhD.).
Division of Yoga & Physical Sciences: Prof. T G Sitharam.
Division of Yoga & Management Studies: Dr. K B Akhilesh (MSW, Ph.D.).
Division of Yoga & Humanities: Dr. Melukote K Sridhar.
Eligibility for Admission
To take admission to the UG courses in S-VYASA college in Bangalore, you must meet the following eligibility criteria.
- 10+2 education completed in the Science stream, from a recognized educational Board.
- Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Biology as the main subjects at the 10+2 level.
- A minimum aggregate score of 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
Documents for Admission
For taking admission to any course in BNYS College, Bangalore you must keep the following documents ready with you.
- Class X Certificate and Marksheet.
- Class XII Certificate and Marksheet.
- Transfer certificate.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Passport-sized photographs.
- Proof of Identity (Aadhar card/PAN card/Passport/ Driving License).
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Medical Certificate (if applicable).
Please do keep at least 3 attested copies of the documents as you have to submit the original documents to the college.
Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana Fee Structure
- BNYS – Rs.1,75,000/year.
- Bachelor of Science in Yoga & Consciousness Rs.55,000/year.
- Bachelor of Science in Yoga Therapy – Rs.75,000/year.
- Master of Science in Yoga Therapy – Rs.75,000/year.
- Master of Science (Yoga and Consciousness) – Rs.75,000/year.
- YIC – Yoga Instructor Course – Rs.1 lakh/year.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) Yoga – Rs.2 lakhs/year.
- Ph.D. – Yoga – Rs.2 lakhs/year.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy – Rs.1 lakh/year.
The fee structure mentioned for each course is excluding the charges for examination and hotel facilities.
The examination fees should be paid directly to the university and the hostel fees may vary according to the facilities you opt for like the provision of food or A/C facilities.
The college may charge extra amounts for transportation, books, material fee, etc for the additional services they provide.
Ranking and Reputation
S-VYASA is ranked among the top 5 BNYS colleges in Karnataka.
The Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India has awarded this college with the Centre of Excellence award in Yoga.
This institute also has an Advanced Centre for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy sponsored by the Indian Council of Medical Research.
The graduates can opt for government jobs as well as in the private sector. Many hospitals, as well as resorts, have come up with naturopathic treatment modalities, which has opened up many job opportunities.
Naturopathic treatment has received a huge welcome in foreign countries, especially the gulf countries. Naturopathic doctors receive high-end salaries in the abroad nations. The government jobs in naturopathy offer pension plans as well.
Teaching jobs in naturopathy enables one to pursue their dream of imparting wisdom to future generations. The posts of Directors and Deputy Directors of various hospitals can also be decorated by naturopathic doctors.
S-VYASA has various channels to provide financial support to needy and meritorious students. Students with different eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply for various schemes.
The main schemes are:
- Scholarships from government and non-governmental institutions.
- Education loans are offered by various philanthropic institutions.
- Assistantships offer the opportunity to work part-time on campus in various departments.
Total seats in S-VYASA college are filled according to the seats left in the management quota, NRI quota, and merit seat.
The admission procedure for S-VYASA college is as follows:
- The candidate should visit the college or visit the official website of the college and get the application form.
- The candidate should have passed the NEET exam.
- The selection is based on seat availability.
- The preference always goes to the candidates with more marks.
- The selected candidates will be contacted by the college.
- The candidate should be present in the college along with the documents which the college asks for.
- The documents submitted by the college should be original and not fabricated.
- The documents will undergo cross-checking by the college and if found to be fraud may result in the cancellation of admission of the student.
The application procedure for S-VYASA college is as follows:
- The candidates wishing to take admission to the S-VYASA college should either reach the college or visit the site of the college.
- The application form should be downloaded from the website or collected from the college office.
- The columns to be filled must be filled with the correct details.
- Use capital letters so as to avoid misunderstanding in reading the details.
- Attach copies of the necessary documents asked by the college along with the application form.
- Send it via speed post to the college address and keep the receipt for tracking the package.
- wait for the college to send you a confirmation message.
- Appear directly in the college for admission procedure.
Admission Helpline: +91-9916927248.
S-VYASA University and College is easily accessible from Bangalore city. S-VYASA is the only BNYS college in Bangalore.
- Distance from Bangalore Airport: The college is around 80 km from Bangalore International Airport.
- Distance from Bangalore Railway station: The college is 43 km from the Bangalore city railway station.
- Distance from Bangalore Bus stand: S-VYASA College is around 43 km from the Bangalore Majestic bus stand.
S-VYASA is one of the best colleges providing BNYS in Bangalore. The college is reputed for giving the best and student-friendly education. The college’s campus and the facilities they provide are also wonderful and are what every student desires. The institution is blessed with renowned lecturers and top-grade staff. The college infrastructure and hostel facilities provide a good ambiance for the students to learn. The college also charges only a reasonable fee for their top class service.
Nowadays naturopathy and yoga are preferred over other medical branches due to their noninvasive treatment and natural healing approach. Especially in the western world, the demand for it is increasing. Many students aspire to study BNYS in a reputed institution. Without a doubt, S-VYASA is a reputed and one of the best colleges to look forward to.
If you want to know more about the S-VYASA college or BNYS course, leave a message in the comment section.