If you are on this page, then you are a NEET-UG aspirant from UP or who is interested in pursuing your studies in Uttar Pradesh. In this post, I will give you a complete idea about the BDS course fees in UP’s top private dental colleges.
Before I explain the same, I would like to give you a basic idea about the course, BDS colleges, and much more.
I will even suggest a DCI-recognized dental college at UP, which will be the best for you at affordable fees. 😀
Basic Idea about BDS Course Fees in UP
Like every other state of India, the course fees of BDS private colleges in UP are also fixed by the examination authority of the state, that is, UPDGME. They will fix the maximum fees that the college can charge, which also mentions the hostel fees, food fees, and any security deposits if charged.
The tuition fees fixed for each college differs, but the hostel and extra fees that the colleges can charge are given below:
|Fees (per year)
|Double sharing Non-AC Room
|Double-sharing AC Room
|Up to Rs 3 lakhs
These are the maximum fees that private BDS colleges in Uttar Pradesh can charge. But, most dental colleges don’t take the students’ security deposit or miscellaneous charges. Yes, it is true!
There are many colleges in UP, which charge very fewer fees. I had personally seen colleges even giving seats for Rs.1.50 lakhs to Rs.2 lakhs per annum in UP.
But the quality of education and infrastructure will be pathetic. If you want to be a good dentist, please go to decent dental colleges. It’s your career and you have to develop the skills.
I won’t say all the colleges are like that. You can even find good colleges at around 9-10 Lakhs total package.
And the tuition fees of each college range from Rs.3 lakhs to Rs.3.75 lakhs, which the UPDGME decides. But most of the private dental colleges in UP charge very few fees. That doesn’t mean, you have to join those dental colleges!
Those kinds of colleges charge very low fees because they are unable to attract students to their performance in academics and infrastructure. 😛
I have been into consulting and college reviewing for the past few years, and the points I am sharing here are from my personal experience.
If you are looking for a standard dental college in UP with affordable fees, then it would cost you around Rs.12 lakhs to Rs.14 lakhs, including hostel, food, and extra charges.
I used to get thousands of calls each year asking for the best private dental colleges and course fees in private dental colleges in UP.
To clear doubts about the best dental colleges at affordable fees, I will write in-depth about it in a different section of the same article.
Which is the Best Dental College in UP?
If you are looking to take BDS admission in UP, then of course, the first preference will be GDC or Government Dental Colleges in UP. If you are not able to secure a seat in the government dental college, then you can opt for the colleges listed below.
After I list the dental colleges, I will also mention the reason why I chose these dental colleges in Uttar Pradesh.
- ITS Dental College, Muradnagar.
- IDST Dental College, Modinagar.
- Subarti Dental College, Meerut.
- ITS Dental College, Greater Noida.
- Saraswati Dental College, Lucknow.
These are the top 5 private dental colleges in Uttar Pradesh, as per my experience.
I also got many negative comments from many people for making this list, as many colleges and their staff feel the list is incorrect.
I will tell you how I made this and what factors helped me rank these colleges.
The major factors I kept in mind while making this list are:
- The college provides facilities and infrastructure.
- Facilities like CBCT, Endodontic Microscope, Implant Center, and OT.
- The patient exposure in clinical departments.
- Institutes which conducts regular seminars and CD programmes in their Institute about dentistry.
- Quality of hostel rooms.
- Quality of canteen food.
- Security of students from outside states.
- Affordability of fees by students.
- Location of the Institute.
- Campus facilities which includes playing area and recreation area.
- Support for an educational loan by the management.
I kept these major factors in mind while choosing these colleges.
ANSWERED SHORT: I feel out of these colleges if you are looking for the best private dental colleges in UP at affordable fees, then the Institute of Dental Studies and Technologies, Modinagar, will be the one I will prefer.
I have got some solid reasons to suggest you this college and I like to list those to keep things short.
- Affordability: The fees charged by IDST Dental College are around Rs.12.5 to Rs. 13 lakhs total fees including the hostel, food, and extra charges.
- Scholarships: The college provides scholarships for deserving students based on video-call or direct interviews.
- Facilities: The college provides all basic facilities like CBCT, Endodontic Microscope, etc.
- Patient Exposure: The patient exposure in the college is decent to serve, 100 UG students and 31 PG students.
- Hostel and Food: I would say their hostel rooms are one of the best. Yes, I had witnessed it and I felt so. The quality of goods is really above average compared with other colleges.
- Student Community: The college got students from different parts of India. They have students from the northeast, Maharastra, Bihar, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Andaman, Punjab, etc. One thing which impressed me is that students from the south are also studying in this college.
- MDS Coaching Center: The college has an in-house MDS coaching center for students who wish to prepare for NEET-MDS. IDST Dental College is the only dental college in Uttar Pradesh providing in-campus coaching for its students.
- Infrastructure: The campus has a great Infrastructure and is neatly maintained. The campus also has a general hospital with good patient inflow.
Of course, the best thing I loved is the MDS coaching provided by the college. I think they have tied up with a coaching institute and are providing the facility.
How to Get Admission at the Lowest BDS Course Fees in UP?
This depends on different colleges and their procedures. There are many colleges where you can get lower fees by reference, or some college gives lower fees on academic performance.
MCC Counseling Procedure Updates for 2024
- OCI candidates can also take up UR category management seats, unlike last year, where they had to choose only NRI seats.
- The fourth round, i.e., the stray vacancy round, which used to be conducted at the college level offline, will be conducted online via MCC counseling.
- New, registration will be allowed for the fourth round, i.e., the Mop-Up Stray Vacancy round.
- The third round, which was called as Mop-up round in 2022, will now be called the Third Counseling Round, and the stray vacancy round now will be the Mop-Up Stray Vacancy Round and the last round of counselling will be called as extended stray vacancy round.
If you want to join these dental colleges I listed above, then you can contact the colleges directly and provide your details. They will support you directly for taking BDS admission at the lowest fees.
I tried my best to include all the information regarding BDS course fees at UP. I have updated all the information here from my experiences and personal research. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below or contact me directly.
You can contact me if you are looking for the following:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I get BDS admission at low fees in UP without qualifying for NEET-UG?
A: No, to take BDS admission in India, you must qualify for the NEET-UG entrance exam.
2. I have 1 or 2 marks less than the qualifying marks, can I take BDS admission?
A: To take BDS admission, it is mandatory to qualify NEET exam. If you have missed very few marks, you can wait until the cutoff marks come down. Every year NTA reduces the cutoff marks by at least 10-20 percentile.
3. Should I pay any donation for taking BDS admission?
A: No, you don’t have to pay any donation for taking BDS admission.
4. What are BDS course fees in private colleges, generally?
5. I am an NRI, can I take BDS admission in India?
A: If you have qualified NEET-UG, then you can take BDS admission through NRI or management quota.