Welcome to another exclusive and genuine post about MDS course fees in Bangalore dental colleges. If you are a regular reader of my blog, then you might know I provide the best and genuine information about anything related to dentistry.
Here I will be telling you about the fee structures in different dental colleges in Bangalore. Before reading this article you can also read my in-depth article about MDS admission in Bangalore.
You might know, still, I just want to tell you that you must qualify for the NEET-MDS entrance exam to take admission to any dental college in India. I used to get hundreds of calls asking for MDS admission without qualifying NEET. In short, it is not possible legally.
Important: I would suggest you read this article completely so that it could clear all your doubts about MDS course fees.
Table of Contents
About MDS Course Fees in Bangalore
Before 2016 the tuition fees were fixed by the college and they can charge any amount as they like. But now after NEET-MDS and centralized counseling were introduced, the fee structure is fixed by the state counseling authority. In Bangalore, the fee structure is fixed by the Karnataka Examination Authority or KEA.
The fee structure will be different for different colleges and departments. I had noticed that last year fixed was very low and before that, it was very high.
Approximate MDS Course Fees in Bangalore
I will list the fee structure for each department below and it will vary on demand. Many agents say that wait till the last moment and they can provide it for a cheaper fee. But we can’t predict that!
Sometimes the fees might come down if many seats are vacant or if there is demand the fees might go high. There are the approximate MDS management seat cost in Bangalore. The approximate course fees for MDS in Bangalore are:
- Endodontics – 9 to 15 lakhs per year.
- Orthodontics – 10 -15 lakhs per year.
- Oral Surgery – 7 – 9 lakhs per year.
- Prosthodontics – 7 – 8 lakhs per year.
- Pedodontics – 5 – 7 lakhs per year.
- Periodontics – 5 – 7 lakhs per year.
- Oral Medicine – 3 – 4 lakhs per year.
- Community – 3 – 4 lakhs per year.
- Oral Pathology – 2 – 4 lakhs per year.
These are approximate fees that will be charged by the college for management seats. Apart from this, there will be extra fees for the hostel, food, material charges, etc.
If you are not able to afford this much fees then I have colleges that charge very fewer fees and have good patient exposure and excellent faculties. 😀
Hostel and Food Fees
You can expect a fee of around Rs.85,000 to Rs.1 lakh per year for hostel and food. I had seen that most of the MDS students in Bangalore prefer to stay outside and for a single room, it will cost you at least Rs.5000 per month for accommodation.
This is a kind of hidden fee that will be charged by the college. Before joining you must enquire about the material charges without fail.
You can expect around Rs.80,000 as material fees and I know colleges who charge around Rs.1.25 lakhs per year as material fees. If you are having any contact, then you can enquire or you can give me a call at any time.
How you can get MDS admission at lower fees in Bangalore?
Bangalore is one of the best destinations for dental education in India and most of the colleges won’t reduce the fees as they are in high demand. They will only reduce the fees when the seats are vacant. But we can’t predict whether the seats will be vacant or not.
If you can afford the fees, I would suggest you book the seat earlier and be tension free. If you are not able to afford you must wait till the last round of online counseling. If the seats are vacant you might get seats at lower fees.
I would suggest you keep in mind other places than Bangalore in Karnataka or other states. There are many excellent colleges in India that provide the best education at the lowest fees.
I know colleges in other places where you can get MDS admission at a low package. You can check the fee structure of other colleges I provide below.
- Endodontics – 22 Lakhs total package including hostel and food.
- Orthodontics – 22 Lakhs total package including hostel and food.
- Oral Surgery – 22 Lakhs total package including hostel and food.
- Prosthodontics – 18 Lakhs total package including hostel and food.
- Pedodontics – 15 Lakhs total package including hostel and food.
- Periodontics – 13 Lakhs total package including hostel and food.
- Oral Pathology – 7 Lakhs total package including hostel and food.
- Community – 8 Lakhs total package including food and accommodation.
- OMR – 7 Lakhs total package including hostel and food.
Tips to Choose Good MDS Dental College
Before choosing any dental college I would suggest you keep a few things in your mind. I had listed those below and please do stick to these. 😛
- Dental college with excellent patient exposure in the department you want to join.
- College having excellent faculties, HOD, and guides in your department.
- Affordable fees: Please do enquire about the material charges and the approximate expenses for the thesis works in the department.
- Approved by DCI or Dental council of India.
- Affiliated to a good university.
Pro tip: You just have to enquire about the department you want to join and not other departments. There are many colleges in which one department will be good and the other departments will be not up to the mark.
A big dental college with a fancy campus and name won’t give you clinical skills. What you need is the exact practical knowledge.
I had seen students only opting for dental colleges which is NAAC accredited and stuff. If you want to learn clinical work, then you must enquire about things related to patients and clinical practice.
List of Dental Colleges in Bangalore I am Dealing with
- Vydehi Dental College, Bangalore.
- Bangalore Institute of Dental Sciences, Bangalore.
- Maruthi Dental College, Bangalore.
- MS Ramaiah Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore.
- Rajiv Gandhi Dental College, Bangalore.
- RV Dental College, Bangalore.
- M.R Ambedkar Dental College, Bangalore.
- V.S Dental College, Bangalore.
- The Oxford Dental College, Bangalore.
- NSVK Sri Vekateshwara Dental College, Bangalore.
- Rajarajeshwari Dental College, Bangalore.
- Dayanandsagar Dental College, Bangalore.
- Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences, Bangalore.
Apart from colleges in Bangalore, I am dealing with almost all the dental colleges in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, etc. I can surely give you low-cost MDS colleges in India which has good patient exposure and facilities.
Frequently Asked Questions About MDS Course Fees in Bangalore
Q: Can I take MDS admission without qualifying the NEET-MDS exam?
A: No, if you want to take admission in any dental college in India, you must qualify for the exam.
Q: Should I pay any donation for taking MDS admission?
A: No you don’t have to pay any donation or capitation fees. You don’t have to pay any fees more than the government fixed fees.
Q: Can I Pay the tuition fee in installment?
A: Yes, I can talk with the college and provide you easy payment options.
Q: Will you help us in getting an educational loan?
A: Yes, we can arrange the load papers and other supporting documents you need for applying for a loan. We don’t recommend banks or any other organizations for that.
Q: Do you charge any service charge?
A: Normally in most of the cases I don’t charge any service charge, as the college or other organizations will pay me. In very few cases, I would charge a decent service charge.
I had tried my best to list down all the information you needed about MDS course fees in Bangalore. If you feel this post helped you in any way, please do share it with your friends and people in need. If you need MDS admission at low fees then you can contact me on +91-9916927248 and I will provide you the best support.
I had also written a detailed post about MDS fees in private colleges. If you have any questions feel free to call me or comment your queries below and I will try to respond as soon as possible.